Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Toplines from our new national NBC/WSJ poll:

Would you say that the allegations against Trump are ...?

Serious and should be fully investigated: 51%
More of the same politically motivated attacks: 44%

Oct 4-6, 800 adults, MOE +/- 3.5%

NBC/WSJ (U.S. adults)

Based upon what you know today, Congress should…

Impeach Donald Trump and remove him from office: 43%

Not impeach Donald Trump and he should remain in office: 49%

Full story from @mmurraypolitics
here — https://nbcnews.to/2AZZevH

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Blegh. That can change though.

Given what you know today, would you say Congress should...?

Impeach Trump and remove him from office: 43%
Not impeach Trump and he should remain: 49%

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

This just shows how fucking careless we are

It really is going to be a circus

If we can get Trump out in 2020 god help us all

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I mean... where's the lie though...

It's the "Kamala eating crackers" bit we see over and over again. If she sneezed the wrong way some here would take offense to it.

My wife is a teacher and the teaching life is rough. If anyone asks we have no problem with educating them on the good and bad of the profession but warning them of how tough it is.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
"Agree that he's been honest and truthful: 38%"

The new crazification number - it's gone up 10% in 10 years.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
What they just showed on MSNBC was 55% support at least an investigation, 24% removal. This was the WSJ/NBC poll, not sure why it's different.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone panicking? The majority supports the inquiry. I assume we're still ahead of Nixon on polling for inquiry & polling for removal.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
The phrasing of the topline question is the most loaded possible version of said question: impeached AND removed. The overall number for investigate more and there's already enough is at 55%.

Seriously. Relax.We're not going to "win" every single freaking poll on this issue. His approval rating is basically unchanged.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah these numbers are good. Majority favors inquiry/investigation and more people are starting to favor outright removal.

But damn way too many people still think Trumo is being honest LOL!

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
The phrasing of the topline question is the most loaded possible version of said question: impeached AND removed. The overall number for investigate more and there's already enough is at 55%.

Seriously. Relax.We're not going to "win" every single freaking poll on this issue. His approval rating is basically unchanged.

Thank you.

Yeah these numbers are good. Majority favors inquiry/investigation and more people are starting to favor outright removal.

But damn way too many people still think Trumo is being honest LOL!

That's mainly his mutants who would believe that his urine cures cancer.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm under the impression that the numbers for support for removal will increase the further along we're in to the impeachment process. You know, depending on what new information comes to light.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Lol at that letter, shut the fuck up Trump. The house will start slowly arresting White House staff that fail to comply.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All 6 committee heads plus Pelosi should each take a page of that letter and proceed to wipe their arses with it. That's as much respect the letter deserves. Keep one page for evidence.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Numbers are only going up slightly because every day is a new thing. WH stopping everything will kill momentum and turn it into legal mumbo jumbo. Ww're back to relying on leaks and anonymous sources again just like the Mueller thing.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Given what you know today is doing a lot of work. A decent percentage of folk regardless of what they think of the allegations would want the investigation to be complete before making a decision. The other polling suggests that.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm under the impression that the numbers for support for removal will increase the further along we're in to the impeachment process. You know, depending on what new information comes to light.

The way the questions in the poll are structured definitely look a lot better than the summaries let on. When given the choice to impeach, investigate, or not impeach, 24 go impeach, 31 go investigate, and 39 go for letting him finish his term. 6 don't know.

When it's moved to 'based on what you know NOW, impeach or not?', if we assume the 24 for impeachment, 39 against, and 6 shrugs don't change their opinion between questions, we can tell where the 31 for investigation go--10 of those break to letting him finish his term, 19 go for impeachment, and 2 go off to not sure.

It's not a done deal yet, but people overall want an investigation and the people who want an investigation tilt towards impeachment. As long as news cycle fatigue doesn't set in, this number only gets worse for Trump from here, and completely justifies the inquiry's existence.

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the house will need to step up their game after this. They won't get anything else without doing so

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those numbers aren't going to get better re: impeachment. They can only go down for Trump. And the GOP knows it.

China/Syria/Turkey making foreign policy more salient is also very bad for Trump right now.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I imagine it's the status quo in the private sector and they're surprised at how hard it is to get some of this shit done from the other side

Honestly what he is doing is a crime in the private sector.
We need a Nancy Pelosi release the hounds gif.

They will, but over the course of months. Their careers depend on it, it is their only remaining move.

This can't be unexpected either. He's consistently compelled WH staff to not comply with congress's inquiries. I just think this time they'll arrest them. Especially Rudy .... the senate saying he can testify with them is specifically to try and give him an out.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you're a hardcore Trump supporter, how can any sane American be asked that poll question and say no? Seriously, what does he have to do to convince you that he needs to be impeached if this isn't enough? Literal murder?

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Way fucking ahead as I understand it.
I would assume that the big bombs hadn't really dropped at this point in the Watergate investigation. I'm not sure what else could happen that would significantly change the current polling. Even if they had audio of Trump saying that the Chinese tariffs were put in place because China refused to investigate Biden, I don't see more than maybe a 10% change in favor of removal.

Oct 27, 2017
Also from that poll

Support for removal:

African Americans: 75%
Hispanics: 58%
College educated white women: 55%
Non-college white men: 28%

what's the largest size thinking emoji this forum allows

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Gut check: Foreign Policy popping up -- and it always does -- unintuitively gives Warren the edge. Bernie is already on the ropes and needs to drop out but she's stronger (in the ways the lefty lefty hates), and nobody can trust Biden after Iraq II. All she has to say is she supports coalitions, NATO, and keeping our adversaries in check. BAM.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018

NEWS: The November Democratic debate will be November 20 in the Atlanta area, the DNC informed campaigns just now.

The debate will be co-hosted by MSNBC and The Washington Post. The deadline to accrue enough polls is Nov. 13

Status
Not open for further replies.