Status
Not open for further replies.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
After Tuesday, Biden will be ahead by like 300 delegates. Enough is enough. The DNC should basically cancel all debates, events, whatever in order to force Bernie out of the race. It's enough.
I came down with a stomach bug yesterday. Haven't been eating well. No fever though, had to work thru the stomach bug though today and yesterday.
Ugh. I know that feel. I did have a fever though. I'm like 2 days removed and I still can't eat solid foods without turning green. I managed like 10 crackers today though! I hope you feel better.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Just wanted to update, I got back from my surgery a few hours ago. I'm in a lot of pain, but I survived it lol. And you were right adam387, the IV was nothing to worry about
source.gif

The worst part of the whole gallbladder surgery is getting in and out of bed for the first day or so. Other than that, smooth sailing.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

I realize I'm treading on dangerous ground here, but my faith in science will be shaken if some of these idiots don't succumb to the virus

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018
The virus has an incubation time of 2 weeks, right? That means the cases we're seeing right now are the ones that started on the *1st*. We're at least one doubling and probably two behind the actual reality.

The vast majority of people will get symptoms within 14 days, but the median seems to be around 5 days from exposure to symptoms.

Quarantine is 14 days because only a very tiny percentage of people will be asymptomatic and get symptoms after 14 days.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The vast majority of people will get symptoms within 14 days, but the median seems to be around 5 days from exposure to symptoms.

Quarantine is 14 days because only a very tiny percentage of people will be asymptomatic and get symptoms after 14 days.
Is it known how long after getting it that people can spread it to others? I know it's before they show symptoms, wondering if it's immediate or day 1, day 3, etc.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I'm not planning on stopping eating out unless things start to close down.

That's kind of what we're doing as well. Most of where we go to eat are local restaurants so we kind of want to support them now before things get too bad. Like we know there is probably community transmission happening and our hope/bet is that it's not yet in a significant portion of the local population that we can still do this.

GiJose

Oct 25, 2017
Is it known how long after getting it that people can spread it to others? I know it's before they show symptoms, wondering if it's immediate or day 1, day 3, etc.

Nobody knows the answer to that.

The flu has been around for how long and we don't even know the answer to that question regarding influenza

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018

I don't think there's an estimate on how soon that can occur, but it's relatively quick. Sort of related, there's evidence for higher viral load at the onset of disease. The first several days of showing mild symptoms patients have the highest viral load and are more contagious.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump - "Day of Prayer" tomorrow. I wonder if he can finally name his favorite part of the Bible...

Tuning in eh. Maybe he actually is quarantined.

Pretty silly if he doesn't make any public appearances for a week + how obvious it is he has it.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all with this admin if that's what they try to do.

I could even see another oval address because they could do that without him exposing anyone else.

I would think it would leak but who knows.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
If Trump was showing serious symptoms or had actually tested positive it'd get leaked. That's too important a thing for someone to not leak.

What will actually tell the tale is if Trump stays away from a camera/microphone for more than a day. That's the only real way to get a hold on his condition.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually think given the new numbers out of NYC flights, trains, and busses need to be stopped from coming out of there.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
We're going to have to seriously consider grounding flights and trains.

All non-essential state workers should be told to stay home.

Status
Not open for further replies.