Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Those aren't just daily new cases though, they include backed up tests that should have happened earlier. Also the shutdowns will slow it.
I mean half a mil total by early April is still jaw dropping to me. Yes, the shutdowns should slow it, though the airport thing and partisan divide may be a bit of a hiccup to that.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Should slow it....

You don't know if it will
Well, that's common sense. And it has happened elsewhere. I mean the actual count, not the reported count which will be catching up to reality for a while. What I'm saying is if 500 tested positive today (made up number) that includes people who should have been counted yesterday and the day before but couldn't due to lack of tests.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017

At the very least, this is really good politically since there's no amount of putting your head in the sand that's going to stop COVID-19 from coming to your area. They will see with their own eyes how many people are going to be sick. When you put your blind faith in someone and he fails you that badly, it's going to be hard not to feel jaded.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's common sense. And it has happened elsewhere. I mean the actual count, not the reported count which will be catching up to reality for a while. What I'm saying is if 500 tested positive today (made up number) that includes people who should have been counted yesterday and the day before but couldn't due to lack of tests.

I guess, I hope you guys get it under control

Only 100ish reported cases in Ontario and people are already worried if our measures are working

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Looks what is happening today dude people paced at airports and in bars right NOW.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
I'd wager that partisan divide is just as much a geographic divide. People in less populated areas (republicans) feel safer.

Not saying Trump's flippant comments a few weeks ago haven't played some role, but I believe geography is the primary factor.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'd wager that partisan divide is just as much a geographic divide. People in less populated areas (republicans) feel safer.

Not saying Trump's flippant comments a few weeks ago haven't played some role, but I believe geography is the primary factor.
Idiots dont quite know how a virus works then.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I just don't understand. I am moderate-ish. I'm in finance. I don't get why the Republican Party is fighting against the good of the nation during a crisis.
Because today's Republican Party isn't interested in the good of the nation, they're interested in profit and are ideologically inflexible to the point of cruelty. I consider myself moderate/left of center, but lets call a spade a spade- Republicans don't believe in governing.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Because the question will be "why isn't it always like that." People don't want good programs taken away
Because today's Republican Party isn't interested in the good of the nation, they're interested in profit and are ideologically inflexible to the point of cruelty. I consider myself moderate/left of center, but lets call a spade a spade- Republicans don't believe in governing.
It's just frustrating. If they can't unite on just basic rational issues during a goddamn pandemic, how the fuck are we going to pass any real legislation. Choosing to let people suffer for the sake of politics will never make sense to me.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Do you guys expect her to snub McConnel, when she has to work with him on a regular basis, and needs his co-operation to get bills onto the floor of the senate?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The point is that its a coronavirus handshake. It's funny because its awkward, not because she's suddenly partying with Mitch.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Do you guys expect her to snub McConnel, when she has to work with him on a regular basis, and needs his co-operation to get bills onto the floor of the senate?
There's an entire gulf between reluctantly working with McConnell out of necessity and looking all cozy and friendly with him (this is especially a problem for Pelosi who's been the standard bearer for performative resistance)

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
They were there in an official government capacity with a foreign leader, that's not the time for fighting each other.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's crazy that the focus is on Nancy caving rather than the republicans screwing over American's in a time of crisis, but here we are.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that the focus is on Nancy caving rather than the republicans screwing over American's in a time of crisis, but here we are.
It's for the same reasons Murdoch media writers are trumpeted around as "unbiased" sources.

edit:

Guess who's back.

Back again.

Guess the social media people didn't stick with her after the campaign.

Last edited:

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it? Is she supposed to punch McConnell in the face whenever she sees him? Do people not have peers and co-workers they don't agree with or don't like but have to work together to do stuff with? Do some of y'all go around spitting in their face during major public functions (especially with guests around) LOL

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
So how about that debate tonight, huh?

It really is unbelievable that Bernie is asking people for money when businesses may very well be shut down here very soon and find themselves out of work (not to mention being in a potential recession) , and then asking them to go to a voting booth that hundreds or maybe even thousands of people are using, potentially waiting in lines as well, because he's too selfish and stubborn to admit defeat gracefully.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
It really is unbelievable that Bernie is asking people for money when businesses may very well be shut down here very soon and find themselves out of work (not to mention being in a potential recession) , and then asking them to go to a voting booth that hundreds or maybe even thousands of people are using, potentially waiting in lines as well, because he's too selfish and stubborn to admit defeat gracefully.
Agreed.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Is Bernie still soliciting donations? I'd hope not.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's amazing how Pelosi keeps getting blamed for Republican fuckery.

Like, those dudes control almost everything. Why would you focus anger on her.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I'm baffled. People are insane. Why can't the minority get a good bill I'm outraged they passed something that will help people anyway.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017

It's baffling because I can only imagine the reason they are attacking her is because they expect better from her/dems and expect nothing from Republicans. Okay, so then when those republicans they expect nothing from GIVE Pelosi/dems nothing, they come after her. I genuinely don't understand.

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Justin Amash on Twitter

“@LaurieA1770 I’ll give you some examples. Without time to confer with the drafters or others, we couldn’t determine why businesses with 500 or more employees are exempt from the paid emergency leave and FMLA requirements. An improper Wall Street carveout or is there some other justification?”

twitter.com

Justin Amash on Twitter

“Note two things Mnuchin just said in the press conference: Paid leave applies only to small- and medium-sized businesses. Why did they exempt Wall Street companies? The bill has errors and needs a “technical correction.” In other words, it doesn’t work as drafted, as I stated...

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Amash would have found something in the bill to vote against no matter what. He voted against the Emmett Till Antilynching Act. He's duplicitous.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lol bills pass needing technical corrections, especially in emergencies. Not really a reason to vote against the bill.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha

twitter.com

Justin Amash on Twitter

“@LaurieA1770 I’ll give you some examples. Without time to confer with the drafters or others, we couldn’t determine why businesses with 500 or more employees are exempt from the paid emergency leave and FMLA requirements. An improper Wall Street carveout or is there some other justification?”

twitter.com

Justin Amash on Twitter

“Note two things Mnuchin just said in the press conference: Paid leave applies only to small- and medium-sized businesses. Why did they exempt Wall Street companies? The bill has errors and needs a “technical correction.” In other words, it doesn’t work as drafted, as I stated...

I'm a bit shocked that his biggest complaint was that companies were left off. I wish I could see the timeline where they fixed those problems, so I could see if he means it. I like to believe there are some "small government" types who understand that situations like this require some government spending and resources.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I don't get it. Pelosi went in with a big list of wants. Republicans and Trump went in wanting a payroll tax cut. In the end Pelosi got a lot with a few stupid exemptions and Trump didn't get the tax cut. So, I guess fuck Pelosi?

Status
Not open for further replies.