Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Noted that his administration supports a lawsuit to eradicate the Affordable Care Act, and asked if he'd reconsider given that people are losing jobs/need health care, Trump says what they're doing is working to "get rid of the bad health care and put in a great health care."
And with no plan to replace it

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

"With all of the losses you that you've seen in the stock market, we're basically back. With this horrible thing. If this would've happened before, you would've had nothing left. This is all cushion" -- Trump tries to downplay one of the worst stock market slides in history

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYT headline is comical, but they do have the text right next to it saying its for worker protection/small business.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been on the Demings train for a bit to be honest. She's from a swing state, law enforcement experience, was an impeachment House manager, good personal story, and seems like a lovely person.
I'm sure she's a lovely woman but please no actual police officers on the ticket. Biden can win Blue Lives Matter suburban white people already.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I keep thinking McBath would be a good pick: from GA, federal experience, heartbreaking personal story and connection to one of Biden's best issues.

Oct 25, 2017
I keep thinking McBath would be a good pick: from GA, federal experience, heartbreaking personal story and connection to one of Biden's best issues.
Yes, she's on my quickly drawn up shortlist. I keep thinking there's a non Warren/Amy white woman on there too but I can't pinpoint who.

Maybe Lujan Grisham too?

I can bet Obama is pushing Warren behind the scenes.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Manu Raju @mkraju

A number of Senate aides and senators are angry Paul did not go into isolation after he took the test or after he leaned about the positive cases at the event he was at. Instead, he continued on with his schedule, attending GOP lunches, going to gym, etc​
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1241870225903157249 …

"You'd think Dr. Paul would have better judgment than to needlessly put his colleagues - many of whom are in the high-risk category - at potential risk of exposure," one Senate source says​

7:53 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, she's on my quickly drawn up shortlist. I keep thinking there's a non Warren/Amy white woman on there too but I can't pinpoint who.
Baldwin's too risky. Whitmer said no. Hassan and Shaheen add nothing demographically and won't bring NH along because we'll win it anyway.

Maybe someone like Sherrill, though she might be too moderate (in presentation) for a lot of people's taste and again, we need no help in NJ.

Maybe Slotkin - young, national security background, from a state we need. But yes, I don't see many white women options.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
That last tweet by Biden, pointing out that it was young people that bore the brunt of the last crisis, it really nice to see. There's been a complete lack of discourse about the winners/losers from the Great Recession that Democrats never had and we have to get around because it's fundamental to politics even in the era of global pandemic and depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.