Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Can we not clog up the one kind of normal political discussion thread with shit posts?
I mean considering she's been a contender for VP for months now I think it's worth remembering how a Democrat wanted to weaken HIPPA when the topic of HIPPA comes up.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Worst policy advisor on a campaign in a while.

How is that a shit post? Her disability plan was shamefully bad and people should remember.

Is it somehow relevant now, though? I might've missed something, but unless she becomes VP (and not really even then) she - and as such her policies - has no relevancy to what is going on right now. You might as well shit on Romney's Presidential policies from 2012 for how much it adds to discussion.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean considering she's been a contender for VP for months now I think it's worth remembering how a Democrat wanted to weaken HIPPA when the topic of HIPPA comes up.
FYI, it's HIPAA with one P; you may be thinking of
king_hippo.gif

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
He's got nothing to lose. If it ends up working he'll just rub it everyone's face and then do more dumb shit off the cuff

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
He's got nothing to lose. If it ends up working he'll just rub it everyone's face and then do more dumb shit off the cuff

In so far, more people have died from this stuff and his hyping it up than I am aware of ever being helped by it in any capacity. This feels like a panicked group of people trying to throw anything they can at the wall.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
In so far, more people have died from this stuff and his hyping it up than I am aware of ever being helped by it in any capacity. This feels like a panicked group of people trying to throw anything they can at the wall.
I mean they could actually fulfill state requests for supplies, invoke the DPA on multiple companies and clamp down on Red governors like DeSantis doing jack shit but they'd rather put even more people at risk because they're moronic.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they could actually fulfill state requests for supplies, invoke the DPA on multiple companies and clamp down on Red governors like DeSantis doing jack shit but they'd rather put even more people at risk because they're moronic.

It also compromises supply for people with Lupus and other diseases that this actually does help treat/manage.

Not to mention even more idiots are going to start ODing on this stuff thinking it will cure them.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it somehow relevant now, though? I might've missed something, but unless she becomes VP (and not really even then) she - and as such her policies - has no relevancy to what is going on right now. You might as well shit on Romney's Presidential policies from 2012 for how much it adds to discussion.
Because disabled rights matter and we should push for better policy from our candidates.

We can dunk on Amy for her bad plans or anyone else. They're also all sitting senators!

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Hillary and Obama had so much stupid shit thrown at them over the year it still pisses me off.

Still remember terrorist fistbump bullshit.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Because disabled rights matter and we should push for better policy from our candidates.

We can dunk on Amy for her bad plans or anyone else. They're also all sitting senators!

I mean, sure, absolutely, no question. Just at the same time, it feels a bit "eat our own" when there's bigger issues out there. If there's a Senate vote on disabled rights, bring it up, but the voters have judged her policies as a candidate, and she was found wanting.

Oct 26, 2017

In terms of risks, using this Malaria drug on COVID patients probably carries the same risks as your usual prescription drugs. You probably won't die from it but you do have to be mindful of the side effects, which can be severe in some cases. But I think the biggest issue I see is if there's a mad dash to purchase this drug and it ends up just being a placebo, and then the people who actually need the drug for its intended purpose can't get a hold of it.

Trump constantly looks for 24-72 hour solutions. He's willing to roll the dice and take whatever risk if it can get him through the current news cycle. If there's any fallout from current decisions, he'll just say or do whatever to get him through the next news cycle and repeat. Just a stream of short-term bandaids and bluster. With our current media environment and the short attention span of the public, Trump has been able to get away with it for the most part. Like his "Easter Opening Day" nonsense. It got him through the news cycle and boosted the markets a bit and now to get him through the new news cycle it was just an "aspirational goal". The media will act shocked at his brazen lying for a moment and then move on.

The difference this time will be the next 4-6 weeks. If things get really bad, all of Trump's on the record gaslighting will make him a huge target. You're already seeing some Republican governors and mayors breaking with Trump. The cultist will stay with Trump to the grave, but there's going to be some noticeable fractures when states and localities get completely overrun with death and infections and they can't afford to go over the cliff with Trump.

Trump is banking on Tribalism to save him and prop him up during this crisis. But it's going to be Tribalism versus Facts on the Ground.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
I had a momentary panic attack when I saw that #WeLoveYamiche is the #1 trending US topic on Twitter.

Luckily, she's not sick or dying. It's just a spontaneous acknowledgement of Yamiche Alcindor's queendom.

Trending names are going to be weird for a while. Fun times we're in.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
So, I was barely listening as I tried to sleep last night. Was Trump actually doing some "I don't believe they actually need these medical supplies" bullshit?

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
So, I was barely listening as I tried to sleep last night. Was Trump actually doing some "I don't believe they actually need these medical supplies" bullshit?

yeah, he was saying how he (being the expert ofc) didn't think they needed the ventilators that NY requested, and then went on into "many people are saying" conspiracy land over masks

Just awful.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
yeah, he was saying how he (being the expert ofc) didn't think they needed the ventilators that NY requested, and then went on into "many people are saying" conspiracy land over masks

Just awful.

With this and his "200,000 deaths would be a good score" comments I'm glad his press conferences draw huge numbers.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Governor Whitmer only got on my radar with this primary season, but so far I like what I see. Will be watching her career.

I had a momentary panic attack when I saw that #WeLoveYamiche is the #1 trending US topic on Twitter.

Luckily, she's not sick or dying. It's just a spontaneous acknowledgement of Yamiche Alcindor's queendom.

Trending names are going to be weird for a while. Fun times we're in.

It's from Trump's "You people" comment.

Oct 26, 2017
This is getting really annoying.

Trump says something absolutely ridiculous. Like he's going to open up the country and pack churches by Easter in the middle of a pandemic.

Then a week later, he backtracks and basically states the obvious that the country has to stay on lockdown for at least another month.

The media praises Trump for being somber and listening to the scientists.

*bangs head on table*

The bar is set so low for Trump that he basically gets credit when he doesn't wet his pants.

Oct 27, 2017
This is getting really annoying.

Trump says something absolutely ridiculous. Like he's going to open up the country and pack churches by Easter in the middle of a pandemic.

Then a week later, he backtracks and basically states the obvious that the country has to stay on lockdown for at least another month.

The media praises Trump for being somber and listening to the scientists.

*bangs head on table*

The bar is set so low for Trump that he basically gets credit when he doesn't wet his pants.

We have an ambulatory hairpiece deciding who does--and doesn't--get PPE. Most of the media lives and works in hard-hit areas like CA and NY. Maybe they think it's better not to go full hammer and tongs until they get their ventilators?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
February: "This is the new hoax, only 1 case and soon to be zero, it's just going to go away"

March: "Only 200,000 deaths would be pretty good"

Status
Not open for further replies.