Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
is the list of streams with twitch drop keys enabled tomorrow the same list as was giving keys away on thursday or whenever?

No but they'll have drops enabled in their steam title and drops enabled in green text below their video.
EUsnOYYXQAEsr1m.jpg

Is Valorant coming to Console?
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well threadmark this since many new people to the thread will be asking it come tomorrow.

Riot is focused on PC for now. They would like to bring it to other platforms some day but it is not their priority currently.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Wish that the mobile ui of twitch was a little better. Titles do not fully show and it doesn't show any green texts for drops enabled, so you have to go by the word of the streamer that it does actually drop.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
I was one of the lucky ones to get access on the 4th (NA). Ill be up at 8am Eastern playing this for sure all day!

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Yooo can a homie get a key?
There are no keys, you have to watch Valorant streams tomorrow while your Riot profile is linked to your Twitch.

You'll randomly be white-listed according to that metric. Unfortunately there's no way of giving people access, it's completely luck of the draw.

Good luck.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Oh? So they've taken inspiration from 1.6 instead of CS:GO? Okay, now I'm a bit more interested, but the game still looks pretty rough.
Movement/gunplay is more 1.6 than CSGO. Also impressions are it feels great, runs incredibly well and is very polished. If looking "rough" is directed towards it's graphics that was intentional. Gameplay first with very readable graphics that can run well on a variety of machines(I for one love the look).

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Oh? So they've taken inspiration from 1.6 instead of CS:GO? Okay, now I'm a bit more interested, but the game still looks pretty rough.

oh def both but a few streamers I've watched have mentioned the similarities to 1.6 (tagging system, maps, gun feel). CS as a whole is obviously huge inspiration.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
i hope later down the road they bring in a deathmatch playlist (unranked) just to practice guns against other players

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
i hope later down the road they bring in a deathmatch playlist (unranked) just to practice guns against other players
When they asked the the developers on the Q&A their answer was:
- Future modes? "Can't tell you everything!" RiotZiegler

They said it's something they are open too but want to focus on getting the main mode right first. But yes I would love a DM mode as well.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at Shroud's videos about the game shows how much he's loving the game. Plus had no idea the weapons had alt fires and with LMGs being a viable option eco wise.

Really wish I was lucky enough to play this already, gonna have to hope I can tomorrow.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
so I was thinking of leaving a stream on overnight so it'd catch someone when they start streaming—it sounds like the beta opens pretty early tomorrow morning (6am pst/9am est?), and I was thinking that some streamers might be playing it before I get up. problem is, I don't really keep up with streamers, so I don't know of any who would be particularly likely to be on valorant at 9 in the morning on a tuesday. any recommendations?

e: oop, was just browsing twitch and saw LotharHS advertising that he'll have drops from 2pm CEST tomorrow—seems like a good bet if anyone else was wondering

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
From your time stamp, yep. Also I kinda hope that there won't be anyone watching drop enabled streams with no interest in playing the game xD

They need to have Riot account linked to be eligible for the drop. So random CS player watching some footage unlikely is taking your spot at lottery for the key.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might as well threadmark this since many new people to the thread will be asking it come tomorrow.

Riot is focused on PC for now. They would like to bring it to other platforms some day but it is not their priority currently.

This makes sense, the flow and recoil mechanics of CS have never translated well to console, and obviously Valorant is heavily inspired by that series.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
anyone having problems with the update?
for me it says it cant install dependecies.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Feeling tempted to create a couple of alt twitch/riot accounts to increase my chances, they are probably not watching IPs because that would screw over all the people on same homes/campuses. I know it's shitty but I really really really want to try this asap. 😢

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling tempted to create a couple of alt twitch/riot accounts to increase my chances, they are probably not watching IPs because that would screw over all the people on same homes/campuses. I know it's shitty but I really really really want to try this asap. 😢
Better to do it than regret, and you won't be the only one.
If you get on with both accounts you know where to find me so I'll put it to good use.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I was thinking about this. If I cared enough I'd probably do this as well. Go for it.

Wulex

Banned
Feb 28, 2020
I really want to try it, but this crap system to watch streamers to get keys... I mean common riot, I keep playing LOL since 2010...

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to try it, but this crap system to watch streamers to get keys... I mean common riot, I keep playing LOL since 2010...
A loyalty system would be nice, but on the other hand it's clear why they're doing it this way. Best of luck to ya'll, bless RNGsus.

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
I really really really hope I can get in today.
Left the pc on a stream and hope it will be drop enabled. Work is gonna be so long today.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017

Surprising not surprising. New consoles will be able to deliver their 144Hz aims but clearly PC is the focus/domain atm.

Honestly don't get why Riot haven't launched LoL themselves on consoles and just open up PC/Mouse controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.