AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently in Elden Ring, Patches kicks you off a cliff into a Rick Astley video. Its pretty brilliant; I think I'm going full media blackout from this point forward though.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Sounds like VCG just saw the fake dragon trailer from the description on their article though.

Last edited:

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
200.gif

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's all fake? Not a good look for VGC and Schreier, then.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
"I doubt you could even imagine... well you're gonna have to cuz you ain't gettin shit."

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
if anything this Dev should be trusted...

Dark Souls 2

Regardless of any persons opinions on the game what was advertised was not what was released
There's no reason to completely trust them
DS 2 is still a great game in its own right. Just a bad sequel

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
No, he saw a potation version short clip of a leaked trailer. He never said he saw that trailer.

It was 100% delayed, but no one knew the specifics of why.
Sure. I'm just saying it's more than likely Covid is the cause. I mean of at least one delay. Everyone is still suffering that, it seems. Hopefully workflow is improved for the future.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take that shit version of the trailer now, please. I'm a big boy, I think I can handle weird angles and probably vertical orientation at 240p!

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
The more concerning thing is a source in the article saying they don't think its coming out this year

I selfishly hope Elden Ring does not release until PS5 consoles are readily available, as I would like to discover its wonders alongside the rest of the Internet.

(I expect it will run poorly on PS4 if Dark Souls III, Bloodborne and Sekiro are any indication)

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just saying it's more than likely Covid is the cause. I mean of at least one delay. Everyone is still suffering that, it seems. Hopefully workflow is improved for the future.
COVID and wfh are the reason for sure. I'm saying that anyone could claim to have a source on that and say the game is releasing next year, which it might as well be. I was just saying that VGC getting fooled by a fake trailer and then also including info that anyone coulda passed on to them as "real" makes me side eye the whole article.

ProZach

Oct 27, 2017
It's very very unlikely to be fake given there's two independent sources corroborating it

Yzec

Dec 11, 2019
Belgium
VGC clearly said they saw off-screen gameplay footage. How are people saying they saw the dragon video?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Schreier isn't gonna get fooled by some reddit fake. If he saw the thing is through reputable sources.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
VGC clearly said they saw off-screen gameplay footage. How are people saying they saw the dragon video?
From the article

"I can only imagine what drives you to seek the Elden Ring," a narrator says in the trailer. "I suppose you can't be talked into turning back. Very well then!"

The gameplay footage then shows a montage of familiar Souls-style melee combat, boss battles against a fire-breathing dragon and a large, sword-wielding foe, and a glimpse at horseback combat in a large, open environment.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...a video is hard to fake. The amount of unique assets present in a trailer would instantly give away whether something is real or not. Not to mention it'd be difficult to replicate From Software's specific look/animation anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
DS 2 is still a great game in its own right. Just a bad sequel

I was referring to the huge visual/lighting downgrade that they didn't tell the public about
People only found out about it about 5 days before release because of an early copy

I feel that's a bullshit move that damaged their credibility
Not in a major way, I still buy and enjoy their games but enough to never again believe their trailers and hype a hundred percent

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
COVID and wfh are the reason for sure. I'm saying that anyone could claim to have a source on that and say the game is releasing next year, which it might as well be. I was just saying that VGC getting fooled by a fake trailer and then also including info that anyone coulda passed on to them as "real" makes me side eye the whole article.
Oh. I guess I'm not caught up on the trailer being a fake.