L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. But Huber and Sabbat are not part of the original claim - so why is Beard talking about them? They have no place in what should be his focus: why toye, rial, marchi and funimation ruined his world.
Oh, in that case, Beard's just clinging to Huber's affidavit because his position is straight up garbage and he has very little work with, so the guy who still kind of admits that Vic's a sexual predator and that everyone thought that of him already is marginally better than all of the other people who are that he's a predator straight up, or the ones who are saying that they don't care but saying it didn't affect them anyway.

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
"Your honor, she was asking for it!"

"Rumors of Vic being "an asshole" "using fans" & "being a pedophile" was started Funimation's "de facto manager" Chris Sabat in the early 2000s"

Like... Vic made his name off of Funimation roles in the early 2000s... Surely the way to get rid of Vic if Sabat didn't like him would be to not hire him for his projects... not play the 15 year long con, build up his name and wealth to get him fired NOW.

There is a level of idiocy here that I don't understand.

And speaking as a gay man taking a hit at Sabat for thinking Vic was gay? Everybody thinks Vic is gay. It's been an ongoing thing in almost every single affidavit. I'm pretty sure it's intentional. He's Peter Paning his life.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
That claim about the anime community being undefinable seems to be something that they're more confident about, because it actually comes up in a few places. Take this one:

Post's real big so gonna selectively quote here, cause I want to single this bit of the document out as being super weird to me.

They make this huge deal about the "anime community" being an undefined thing, when in context it can be easily understood as "the people attending a convention", or something along those lines? Maybe there's some legal stuff here I'm not seeing, but it's such a weird point to lock onto. Especially as IIRC Huber literally refers to the "anime community" as well in his affidavit, when talking about why he sent those e-mails.

In general... maybe it's a little late, but I would really say to wait for the lawyer commentary to happen more before taking anything away from this. My perception from the vague stuff that's been said already is that even the stuff that appears slightly coherent may really be a mess, as you'd kinda expect. Not sure if it's really worth trying to read how "strong" anything is with that in mind.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
"Rumors of Vic being "an asshole" "using fans" & "being a pedophile" was started Funimation's "de facto manager" Chris Sabat in the early 2000s"

Like... Vic made his name off of Funimation roles in the early 2000s... Surely the way to get rid of Vic if Sabat didn't like him would be to not hire him for his projects... not play the 15 year long con, build up his name and wealth to get him fired NOW.

There is a level of idiocy here that I don't understand.

This entire filing is 95% (and probobly more) smoke and mirrors. It is utterly fascinating, and we should keep the discussion to the actual case and the people involved in it, and not let this shit distract us.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Reading through Huber's affidavit again, his fears regarding Sabat's "retaliation" and "attempts to destroy my career" come across as...paranoid? I'm assuming this is because apparently Sabat and co. got pissy at Haberkorn for allying with Beard, but even then it's not like he runs FUNimation.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I haven't been following this thread closely, but have the recently leaked "satirical blooper" audio bits with DBZ dub voices making gay and incest jokes factored into all of this?

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I haven't been following this thread closely, but have the recently leaked "satirical blooper" audio bits with DBZ dub voices making gay and incest jokes factored into all of this?

Not at all. The only tangential connection is that Nick Rekieta -- the GFM grifter who convinced Vic he had a case -- purposely leaked the audio for the purposes of distracting from the lawsuit in an attempt FUNi and co. as hypocrites.

Cue faux-outrage from endless Vic stans gaslighting the narrative with "OH YEAH, SO VIC GETS FIRED OVER A JELLYBEAN JOKE BUT IT'S OKAY TO MAKE HOMOPHOBIC JOKES HUH?????"

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

Pretty much not at all?

Not a part of the case in any way. More of a distraction from Vicstans. It got its own thread since it had fuck all to do with this, actually.

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
Reading through Huber's affidavit again, his fears regarding Sabat's "retaliation" and "attempts to destroy my career" come across as...paranoid? I'm assuming this is because apparently Sabat and co. got pissy at Haberkorn for allying with Beard, but even then it's not like he runs FUNimation.

Well considering it took Sabat 15+ years to take out Vic, Chuck's got an easy 20 years before the chickens come home to roost on him.

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all. The only tangential connection is that Nick Rekieta -- the GFM grifter who convinced Vic he had a case -- purposely leaked the audio for the purposes of distracting from the lawsuit in an attempt FUNi and co. as hypocrites.

Cue faux-outrage from endless Vic stans gaslighting the narrative with "OH YEAH, SO VIC GETS FIRED OVER A JELLYBEAN JOKE BUT IT'S OKAY TO MAKE HOMOPHOBIC JOKES HUH?????"

Yeah I thought it would be brought up in this situation by Vick's camp as classic whataboutism. Still I did find the audio to be kind of disappointing to be honest.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't they have just replaced Vic ALL THOSE YEARS AGO ?

I'm really confused why they kept him despite the relationship being so toxic.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah nothing is adding up. It's clear obfuscation.
Bringing in Sabat really showcases this is a frivolous lawsuit and Funi were right to hire anti-SLAPP lawyers.

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019

Because the relationship likely isn't as toxic as Chuck is making it appear. He accuses Jamie & Monica as making their stories bigger than they were, but that reality is his own.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I thought it would be brought up in this situation by Vick's camp as classic whataboutism. Still I did find the audio to be kind of disappointing to be honest.

At the very least, most everyone here expressed disappointment at Sean using a slur even despite the "it was a different time" excuse, myself included.

Same reason why conventions kept inviting him: because he brought bank.

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
Same reason why conventions kept inviting him: because he brought bank.

Except it was Funimation's casting that allowed him to become big. If Vic was an asshole, he was always one it didn't come from his fame. Vic's fame came completely devoid of his own acting abilities and rather roles that were already written that he fell into. Had they gotten rid of him prior to those marquee roles (Given Chuck's claims of Sabat's blind hatred of him and control over casting) it would have never been an issue. I'm also confused why he'd be given such marquee roles BEFORE he blew up if the story goes that everyone in Funimation hated him from the jump. These things don't match up.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so Todd Haberkorn is tied up in all this too?

Jesus christ this is a mess.
After #KickVic started trending, a female VA joined the conversation by saying (paraphrased) "I got raped once, by a man who I will not name."

Haberkorn immediately jumped up and yelled "Fuck you! I never raped you, it was consensual!"

The authorities are presumably giving Haberkorn the side-eye, although probably nothing will ever happen, because rape hardly ever gets prosecuted.

Haberkorn decided to run off and hire Beard as his lawyer, because he learned that Beard is now the Anime Rapist Lawyer. With any luck, Beard's utter incompetence will lead to Haberkorn implicating himself and putting himself behind bars.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
So now Stephanie Nadolny was "let go."

Huh. That's why Huber is trying to insinuate?

Very hard for her to be "let go" when there hasn't been a need for child goku or young child gohan in a while. As well, Voice Acting is contract work for the most part. Once the role is done, you may or may not find work again. Now, if you're truly let go and the situations bad enough, your work may be replaced in a prior role. As far as I'm aware, that has not happened with Stephanie. It's possible her DUIs caught up with her professionally though.

Jun 22, 2019
The company Vic worked for worked on some raunchy cartoons, therefore Vic should be allowed to creep and harass freely.

Wow, sounds like Beard worked hard over the course of a month to top his "Vic is not a literal pile of poop" argument.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
So now Stephanie Nadolny was "let go."

Huh. That's why Huber is trying to insinuate?
Very hard for her to be "let go" when there hasn't been a need for child goku or young child gohan in a while. As well, Voice Acting is contract work for the most part. Once the role is done, you may or may not find work again. Now, if you're truly let go and the situations bad enough, your work may be replaced in a prior role. As far as I'm aware, that has not happened with Stephanie. It's possible her DUIs caught up with her professionally though.
There is a reason Nadolny was removed from OK KO. It's likely the same reason she was no longer contracted by Funimation.

Whoa, this is new to me. I heard Nadolny was on OK KO, I assumed she moved to LA to get better gigs like a bunch of the Texas VAs.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I have been staying the hell away from this topic since I wanted to get all the facts before I land on a decision. Although, it has been hard since for months my Youtube feed has been swimming with StandWithVic videos with obvious click bait titles and 'gotcha Funi' titles.

That said, I find it disturbing that Vic and his followers' defense so far seemed to be that the people he worked with are assholes too instead of trying to prove his innocence. So what if Sean and Sabat are homophobic? What does that have to do with Vic being accused of sexual assault among other things? That and the entire trial by media that Vic's lawyer is doing, including giving interviews to YouTube of all things, is extremely unprofessional. Maybe I missed more since I have been admittedly not following for the reasons I posted above and feel free to correct me.

Overall, while before I was willing to give Vic the benefit of the doubt since he did file a lawsuit and I figured one way or another we will learn more about what happened, so far Vic only shown that he is guilty and the only thing he can do is sling mud at the other side and go 'no you'. That and the weird 'why he was really fired' conspiracy theory boarders on Moon Hoax level of weirdness. To me, once you start going to the tin foil hat, you lost the case.

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Whoa, this is new to me. I heard Nadolny was on OK KO, I assumed she moved to LA to get better gigs like a bunch of the Texas VAs.

From what I've heard, Nadolny mostly left to focused on her singing career while the original English Bulma had a disagreement with Sabat. Although, Nadolny did say fairly recently that she would love to play Kid Goku again. So, who knows.

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
That and the weird 'why he was really fired' conspiracy theory boarders on Moon Hoax level of weirdness. To me, once you start going to the tin foil hat, you lost the case.

That's what is really perplexing honestly. If Funimation really didn't like him they could just stop giving him work at literally any time. His contracts only last a few months at a time for the given project he was working on. They didn't NEED all this pageantry. Texas is literally the easiest state in the country to fire somebody in and they technically aren't even firing him because he's not even their employee.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
That's what is really perplexing honestly. If Funimation really didn't like him they could just stop giving him work at literally any time. His contracts only last a few months at a time for the given project he was working on. They didn't NEED all this pageantry. Texas is literally the easiest state in the country to fire somebody in and they technically aren't even firing him because he's not even their employee.

That too since Vic was, from what I remember, a freelancer. Which is how he did voice work on Jo Jo and Viz dubs. So why is only Funi getting all this shit while other dubbing companies also aren't hiring Vic because of this allegations?

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
That too since Vic was, from what I remember, a freelancer. Which is how he did voice work on Jo Jo and Viz dubs. So why is only Funi getting all this shit while other dubbing companies also aren't hiring Vic because of this allegations?

All of them are just Independent Contractors (Except Sabat I'd think, he's a Funi employee proper), none of them have any loyalty nor bound to only work for Funimation. People aren't yelling at other Dub companies because they're stupid and think that Vic was getting a weekly pay check from Funimation like some 9 to 5 job as if Voice Work isn't "Gig Economy"

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Yeah, don't know what the disagreement was. From what I've heard, it wasn't on good terms. But the whole thing with Nadolny and Tiffany is kinda confusing, and I don't want to go around spreading false rumors.

All of them are just Independent Contractors (Except Sabat I'd think, he's a Funi employee proper), none of them have any loyalty nor bound to only work for Funimation. People aren't yelling at other Dub companies because they're stupid and think that Vic was getting a weekly pay check from Funimation like some 9 to 5 job as if Voice Work isn't "Gig Economy"

I know Sean is a contractor, but I thought more than a few were working directly for Funi like Sabat.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I always knew it was only a matter of time before those old outtakes came back to bite Sean and the others in the ass.

So Vic's supporters are trying to pull a "taking you with him" approach?
They're trying but it doesn't look like it's working. Most everyone is just disappointed in Sean's comments in those old outtakes, but nobody's coming for his or Sabat's head over them. It doesn't seem to have really moved the needle at all which isn't surprising as it isn't relevant to the case at all.

Erik Zarkov

Dec 4, 2017
So it looks like since Greg got taken down, every other lawyer on the Threadnought has felt the need to step up and give their analysis of Percy's filing. It's getting ripped apart by lawyer after lawyer.

Good job guys getting Greg locked for a few days. You've made things infinitely worse.