Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
It'd be funny if it was a book about the Vic Mignogna Saga. It'd make all the chuds go ballistic.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be three pages about why Vig and his lawyers are idiots and 500 pages of laughter

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Bet the dude tried to say "recanted" instead of "resented" but keeping a lie straight is hard.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
So it's not a book, and it's not done deal official enough yet that he's able to name the firm, but it looks like the reason Greg Doucette went dark for a while is that he now works as an in-house lawyer for some sort of big tech firm.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Time for the fans of "anti-cancel culture" to totally start----

Oh wait, wasn't the first to think of that lol

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Vic's business partner just got arrested in Texas for PPP fraud.

He was arrested for fraud before.

Tumbling down, tumbling down...

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Only the best people work with Vic. Only the best.

Wonder how Funimation is going to get blamed for this one.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
funny how all these god fearing christian men who never did anything wrong keep getting busted for doing crimes

makes me wonder what crimes Vig has committed other than the sexual harassment

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect that in this case, Vig didn't actually know the guy he was getting into bed with for NFT scamming has a looooooooooooooooooooong history of fraud. If there's anything that Vig's showed us through the court case, aside from being a sex pest and terrible human being, is that he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

After all, he vociferously denied any sort of sexual harassment, then admitted to all the sexual harassment in the deposition. Not the best move.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus christ, that dude's full list of crimes is fucking wild. It's not just fraud, that guy seems like he really tried a little bit of damn near everything lol.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
As entertaining as all the side drama is, every time this thread pops up I hope to see an actual update. How long has it been since the case budged?

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
Hearing that Austin St. John was involved in this is disappointing as a long time Power Rangers fan. Learning he's apparently an alt-right shithead makes it even worse.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Jesus christ, that dude's full list of crimes is fucking wild. It's not just fraud, that guy seems like he really tried a little bit of damn near everything lol.

That second tweet is wild. Isn't it yet another Q conspiracy that the left wants to Globalize everything and establish a world order?

Yet another example of Projection from these people.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing that Austin St. John was involved in this is disappointing as a long time Power Rangers fan. Learning he's apparently an alt-right shithead makes it even worse.
Is he? Got a link?

He doesn't seem like it. He's skeptical about politicians, but that doesn't make him alt-right.

Hard to find because the one video he speaks about his politics is a paid one lol. Rest of the videos are actually pretty positive about general stuff.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
Is he? Got a link?

He doesn't seem like it. He's skeptical about politicians, but that doesn't make him alt-right.

Hard to find because the one video he speaks about his politics is a paid one lol. Rest of the videos are actually pretty positive about general stuff.
He's a COVID truther. I'll try and track down links, but Instagram requires a login.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
There's also apparently a video of him celebrating Trump getting elected

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Even Greg and the other lawyers who follow the case have mentioned that this is taking a very long time for an appeal, although the court the case is assigned to is notorious for lengthy appeal processes.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Even Greg and the other lawyers who follow the case have mentioned that this is taking a very long time for an appeal, although the court the case is assigned to is notorious for lengthy appeal processes.

If it was notorious for such BEFORE Covid hit............

Lawd good luck. I might see FF7R Part 2 before we see an appeal verdict.

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon

I felt the same way when I learned that Amanda C. Miller, the English voice actor for Boruto and Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter, is right-wing. She's appeared on Gothix's (diet Candice Owens) and Geeks + Gamers (no real explanation needed) disrespective Youtube channels. Her own "comedy" channel on Youtube contains anti-mask, Let's Go Brandon, anti-cancel culture, and assorted anti-social justice nonsense. Essentially becoming a discount Gina Carano.

Probably explains why she she's only had one new role this year so far in Blue Period.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I felt the same way when I learned that Amanda C. Miller, the English voice actor for Boruto and Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter, is right-wing. She's appeared on Gothix's (diet Candice Owens) and Geeks + Gamers (no real explanation needed) disrespective Youtube channels. Her own "comedy" channel on Youtube contains anti-mask, Let's Go Brandon, anti-cancel culture, and assorted anti-social justice nonsense. Essentially becoming a discount Gina Carano.

Probably explains why she she's only had one new role this year so far in Blue Period.

Fuck not Junko and Toko

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA

Oh this is disappointing to learn. Not Makoto and Elinica. Well at least in the case of the latter, it does look like she got a new voice actress.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

fuck me my favorite sailor scout....

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022

Her being in so many queer shows makes this baffling.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

Yikes, not another one! And she follows the likes of Andy Ngo, Tim Pool, and Dan Crenshaw -- gross.

Oh this is disappointing to learn. Not Makoto and Elinica. Well at least in the case of the latter, it does look like she got a new voice actress.

I never cared for her Elincia so I'm not too broken up, although as I recall her replacement VA took the same approach I wasn't fond of. (Too deep, IMO)

(While we're on the subject of FEH/POR, I'm in the same boat with Greg Chun's Ike, although at least he can actually act unlike the original VA)

Jun 17, 2019

Wait is she the new sailor Jupiter or the one from Canada?

Well as Spike Spencer once said, VAs can't be choosey for their parts. So they take what they can.

Jun 17, 2019
Not to add another bummer, but didn't he write some articles for Breitbart or worked for them in some capacity?

I know he's a conservative, but back when I saw him at a convention, but never struck me as the type to write for Breitbart. He wrote a cook book, but that's about all I know. I mean he outright said working with Vic was one of the worst things he'd had to do, but I never saw anything about him being That sort of conservative, more the Arnold type. Not great...but not, burn with fire as far as I've seen. I hope others can weigh in.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019

There was sneakily a letter added at the beginning of this year to the case on the 11th of march 2022.

"In particular, Justice Bassel confirmed that "[a]s set forth in Rohrmoos, the factfinder must first perform a lodestar calculation based on reasonable hours worked multiplied by a reasonable hourly rate," and only after first making that initial base lodestar determination, may the trial court move to step two and adjust (up or down) the base lodestar utilizing the Arthur Andersen considerations.
Thus, Asta Partners affirms that the failure of a trial court to award fees based on the guiding principles set forth in Rohrmoos renders the award legally insufficient and constitutes an abuse of discretion.

If i read this correctly, they basically added that the judge did NOT properly calculate how much money the defendants are owed for their lawyers and therefor their part of the appeal should be granted.

Oct 25, 2017
Voice actors need to eat too. She'll take any role she can, especially one as stable as Boruto.
Take Chuck Huber. Dude's a crazy religious zealot yet has major roles in Dragon Ball (where there's multiple gods and the afterlife is essentially another place), Soul Eater (witchcraft), and Yu Yu Hakusho (demons). Nowadays he's just tapped to reprise #17 in Dragon Ball games.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
There was sneakily a letter added at the beginning of this year to the case on the 11th of march 2022.

"In particular, Justice Bassel confirmed that "[a]s set forth in Rohrmoos, the factfinder must first perform a lodestar calculation based on reasonable hours worked multiplied by a reasonable hourly rate," and only after first making that initial base lodestar determination, may the trial court move to step two and adjust (up or down) the base lodestar utilizing the Arthur Andersen considerations.
Thus, Asta Partners affirms that the failure of a trial court to award fees based on the guiding principles set forth in Rohrmoos renders the award legally insufficient and constitutes an abuse of discretion.

If i read this correctly, they basically added that the judge did NOT properly calculate how much money the defendants are owed for their lawyers and therefor their part of the appeal should be granted.
Oh that's a good catch. That definitely sounds positive.