• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I look in this thread every once in awhile cause I keep seeing it get bumped wondering how this shit is still ongoing and now I see this. WTF!?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The shit I saw from people defending him was just like the arguments people made that the 2020 election was stolen. It was surreal to see the same dynamics playing out on a much larger and more consequential scale.
It's funny to me. In a sad way, not a "ha ha" way.

I talk about why I like various, artists, writers, voice actors, etc. Especially as a comic fan, and when someone disagrees my reaction usually "Eh, fair... But I disagree because of XYZ"

But these chuds probably can't list even an XYZ other than "How dare you!"

Ann Rule

Dec 7, 2022
Wait was he threatening suicide? Iirc Daman Mills did as well when allegations happened. I'm surprised because suicide goes against his Christian doctrines or whatever.

Apparently something also happened between Farah and Ian James Corlett?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Wait was he threatening suicide? Iirc Daman Mills did as well when allegations happened. I'm surprised because suicide goes against his Christian doctrines or whatever.

Apparently something also happened between Farah and Ian James Corlett?

No reason to re litigate Mills, as his accuser came out with the admission that he made the whole thing up. Any statements apart from those that came directly from Mills's and his lawyer at the end of all that needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

As for Vig, Christian beliefs didn't stop him from abuse/adultery/many other sins, so I don't see why suicide would be off the table. I won't say I know what goes on in his head space. Maybe he IS in some sort of bad state mentally. Or maybe he's a narcissistic manipulator who's using the threat of self-harm to get his current girlfriends/followers to do what he wants to do.

I'm not following anything/anyone on Twitter because fucking Elon. So, if Farah is bringing allegations with other VAs to light that she's personally experienced, that needs its own thread instead of just gossiping about it in here.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see this thread bumped, I ask myself "how can this thing possibly still be going?", and I surprise myself at the news. Every, single, time.

Ann Rule

Dec 7, 2022
No reason to re litigate Mills, as his accuser came out with the admission that he made the whole thing up. Any statements apart from those that came directly from Mills's and his lawyer at the end of all that needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

I'll just leave this here.
We don't need to get this topic off-topic but they recanted because part of the C&D served by Mills to the accuser required the accuser to recant to ANN to avoid a lawsuit by granting an extension, you can't ignore the myriad of chat logs that were not fake. Mills also never denied the accusations, but said the relationship (again, with a minor) was "consensual and mutual".

The CEO of ANN then said that multiple sexual assaults and masturbating while next to a minor in bed was "disturbing, but fairly mild" so...maybe let's not ignore the context surrounding the accuser recanting, yeah?

That being said I myself have no animosity against him. The whole situation was incredibly confusing. I am glad things didn't escalate further.

Back on topic, I'm surprised Vic is still milking this cow dry. It is nuts. He is clinging to the very last board of the sinking ship...
Apparently he has some sort of NFT (🤮) garbage project coming up?

Also is it just me or is it ironic that the Full Metal Alchemist is out of print? Unless it's been relicensed??

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Back on topic, I'm surprised Vic is still milking this cow dry. It is nuts. He is clinging to the very last board of the sinking ship...

It's legit all he has left. His VA career is dead and he's lost most of his con revenue (parking lot boot sales aside), yelling into the abyss is it for him.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I'll just leave this here.

And I guess I'll leave this here......

www.resetera.com

Voice actor Daman Mills accused of sexual misconduct (NSFW) [Accuser says entire thing was fabricated]

Daman Mills Issues A Statement. Also the lawyer provided a further statement specifying the definition of language used in the C&D. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-04-27/daman-mills-issues-statement-about-fabricated-sexual-misconduct-allegations/.185085 Also, an article from...

Duncan said that the chat logs were fabricated. Here's the article I quoted:

Duncan said:
"When Daman left our friend group back in 2015 we were angry at him and I guess a little jealous because his career was starting to take off. I had a stupid idea about how to get back at him, so I wrote this document accusing him of all this stuff... I guess I just got angry about the way I feel like he just kind of disowned us. And I used the stuff from the old document to lash out," Duncan wrote in an email to CBR. "The screenshots I provided were made up and not real at all, or happened between friends of ours and we just changed the names and stuff," they explained.

They also want to debunk any rumors that they are only retracting their accusations because of legal pressure from Mills' lawyers, or that their actions were in any way influenced by anime industry professionals.

Ann Rule

Dec 7, 2022
And I guess I'll leave this here......

www.resetera.com

Voice actor Daman Mills accused of sexual misconduct (NSFW) [Accuser says entire thing was fabricated]

Daman Mills Issues A Statement. Also the lawyer provided a further statement specifying the definition of language used in the C&D. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-04-27/daman-mills-issues-statement-about-fabricated-sexual-misconduct-allegations/.185085 Also, an article from...

Duncan said that the chat logs were fabricated. Here's the article I quoted:

Okay and what exactly are you trying to say here? It doesn't discredit the contents of the C&D.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Okay and what exactly are you trying to say here? It doesn't discredit the contents of the C&D.

What contents of the C&D? All I see is a link to a forum post on ANN where a poster claims they "saw" the letter, but nothing about its contents were actually released, except a supposed summary which went into the ANN article that the forum posts were talking about.

What are YOU trying to say here and in the YongYea thread?

Ann Rule

Dec 7, 2022
What contents of the C&D? All I see is a link to a forum post on ANN where a poster claims they "saw" the letter, but nothing about its contents were actually released, except a supposed summary which went into the ANN article that the forum posts were talking about.

What are YOU trying to say here and in the YongYea thread?
You seem defensive.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we've got another crossover event starting, turns out Vig is a scab too.

image.png

Oct 25, 2017
"I just wanna work" Doing what exactly? You're completely blacklisted.
Unless there's a studio desperate enough... there probably is.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
Dude name is not only toxic from the point of view of the audience but also more daming from the point of view of a studio is that he now has a history of suing his employers for not wanting to work with him any more.
If a studio was that desperate they would be looking for some poor starving young actor looking for their big break or some influencer and pay them even less than he would ask.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
I'm kinda surprised he didn't go the opposite way and use the strike to explain why he hasn't gotten any work

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
That would require some level of planning that history has proven he's not capable of doing.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Won't SAG kick people out for scabbing? Not sure what their policy is.

If he's actually doing work for one of the struck companies (which I doubt) then there would be an investigation. Vic would have an opportunity to defend himself, but the punishment can range from a simple reprimand to, yes, expulsion from the union.

Honestly though, I doubt Vic would even be on union leadership's radar.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
If he's actually doing work for one of the struck companies (which I doubt) then there would be an investigation. Vic would have an opportunity to defend himself, but the punishment can range from a simple reprimand to, yes, expulsion from the union.

Honestly though, I doubt Vic would even be on union leadership's radar.
Before things went down, the majority of his work was non-union dubs and video games. So he is undoubtedly financial core. This lets him work on SAG productions without being a full member, or being subject to any of their rules. So I'm afraid he can do as he wants without being in danger of any action by the union.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
We have actual lawsuit-related news!

View: https://twitter.com/KathrynTewson/status/1692180677062730193

Long thread but TL;DR, Vig of course has been ignoring court orders and delaying on paying the judgment, so Jamie Marchi has filed a motion to have the court force Vig to comply with post-judgement discovery. This would be the full rundown of all of his assets, required by the loss in court, so that the deadbeat asshole will be forced to pay what he owes.

Because Vig's an idiot and hemmed and hawed on it, the motion if approved (and it will be) will compel the info; no objections, no delays, no nothing, unless Vig wants to owe even MORE than the $100k+ he already owes. The motion goes deep and hard as well, and will probably suck in a bunch of ISWVers, along with Nikky Rickets and Ty Beard. Includes the Gofundme as well.

popcorn.gif indeed. All of Vig's money is about to get unrolled.

Oh and a side bit from today's dump, it confirms that Vig has dumped Ty Beard completely in favor of another lawyer.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going through the list of items to be compelled, and there's already doozies.

INTERROGATORY NO. 3: Identify each and every monetary investment Victor Mignogna has made in the previous five years.

INTERROGATORY NO. 19: State the name and address of each person, entity or anyone acting on behalf of Victor Mignogna that Victor Mignogna has given a financial statement in the last five years.

That bell is tolling for thee, Screech.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

Long thread but TL;DR, Vig of course has been ignoring court orders and delaying on paying the judgment, so Jamie Marchi has filed a motion to have the court force Vig to comply with post-judgement discovery. This would be the full rundown of all of his assets, required by the loss in court, so that the deadbeat asshole will be forced to pay what he owes.

Because Vig's an idiot and hemmed and hawed on it, the motion if approved (and it will be) will compel the info; no objections, no delays, no nothing, unless Vig wants to owe even MORE than the $100k+ he already owes. The motion goes deep and hard as well, and will probably suck in a bunch of ISWVers, along with Nikky Rickets and Ty Beard. Includes the Gofundme as well.

Oh and a side bit from today's dump, it confirms that Vig has dumped Ty Beard completely in favor of another lawyer.

This seems spicy. Any chance someone did a threadreader on it, for us non TwiX-users?

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
All Vig has to do is pay up. Write a check, get it to Jamie, Ron, and Monica, this whole thing goes away.

This will not happen.

This seems spicy. Any chance someone did a threadreader on it, for us non TwiX-users?

I don't have access to Threadreader since I don't pay, but a dirty unroll is Vig's about to be in a new Finding Out stage of the FAFO loop. Once again, 100% self-inflicted.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

lisa-barlow-lisa-rhoslc.gif

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
I really want to see what the GoFundMe itemized receipt looks like, that's going to be pure comedy.