• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Got one!

threadreaderapp.com

Thread by @KathrynTewson on Thread Reader App

@KathrynTewson: So, about that. . . For the old #Threadnought crew, NEW FILINGS! What's this that just showed up on the old Mignogna v. Funimation, et al. docket down in the 141st District Court in Tarrant...…

Awesome, thanks!

Edit: Holy fucking shit at the end of that tale. Rickety Nick, and I guess Beard, who I seem to remember had some hand in hiding some assets, are in a for a fun time on this one! This is just a case where one side has chosen the worse road on every single fucking decision.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://x.com/quadbonus/status/1711151590466630122?s=20

View: https://x.com/quadbonus/status/1711151814744436926?s=20

View: https://x.com/ErenaroonieVA/status/1711406454929015223?s=20

So things are getting pretty Uggo with mister Huber.

He was not fired before because they wanted to avoid another "vick" situation, I wonder if that would do it.

He may not be fired, but he's not getting cast in new roles. His latest one was Borderlands 3 in 2019. Everything since then has been reprisals (One Piece, Dragon Ball, MHA, Yu Yu Hakusho)

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Not gonna lie: I'm amazed FUNi'd even bother with reprisals considering Huber's already proven himself to be an obvious liability, mainly in how he not only participated in a vengeful SLAPP lawsuit against his employer/contractor but openly accused one of his colleagues of running casting couches.

Like, there's no taking that back! Forget whatever minor backlash the chuds would dish out -- I guarantee that wouldn't match *half* the shitstorm Vic wrought and even then, there is zero benefit to keep around an individual who'd willingly bolster a violent, misogynist movement against the people who were supposed to be his friends. (And let's not forget this ain't his only rodeo with harasser apologia -- there's a clear pattern here that, quite frankly, crosses a dangerous threshold protecting predators/stalkers and their ilk.)

There are certainly no shortage of talented actors who could do #17 or Hiei -- dump this anti-Semitic ghoul into the bin where he belongs and move on.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

View: https://x.com/quadbonus/status/1711151590466630122?s=20

View: https://x.com/quadbonus/status/1711151814744436926?s=20

View: https://x.com/ErenaroonieVA/status/1711406454929015223?s=20

So things are getting pretty Uggo with mister Huber.

He was not fired before because they wanted to avoid another "vick" situation, I wonder if that would do it.

The flat-earther has dogshit takes on Israel/Palestine, who'd have thunk it

EDIT: and is an anti-Semite, I feel is the most important part

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
In other Vig news, last week was supposed to be the final hearing to determine if the amount of money Vig owed everyone was going to change. However, his current lawyer had COVID-like symptoms so the hearing is delayed until November 1st.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
In other Vig news, last week was supposed to be the final hearing to determine if the amount of money Vig owed everyone was going to change. However, his current lawyer had COVID-like symptoms so the hearing is delayed until November 1st.
Forty and a half time, boys! I'm sure he is going to turn things around any moment now /s

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I was not expecting a "huber was blackmailed into helping Vig" on my bingo card to wrap up this year.

Dunno if I necessarily believe it, but Ty's done stupider stuff that he thought blackmailing someone with no influence to somehow "help" his Vig case does seem kinda on brand.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Vic's faux-lawyers being dangerous self-serving scum is nothing new, but at the same time, I'm not exactly shedding tears for the guy who not only fell on the sword of a predator, but has continued to stand by harassers and has all but burned every bridge in the industry. (And even then...look, I know this is victim-blaming territory, but he's *just* as stupid as Vic was in thinking Beard and co. were legitimate lawyers. Like, come the fuck on.)

That audio recording alone is evidence enough he's still trying to have it both ways; I mean, come on, "oh the guy did shameful things but people didn't like him so they used the movement to cancel him!"?' Again, fuck Huber. Vic's "struggles" became our business when you and numerous others enabled his predatory behavior for years and years.

(Also, LOL @ Vic stans still pretending the reams upon reams of evidence are "baseless" all these years later. After the countless anecdotes and legal testimony. After all the damning photos. After REENACTING HIS ASSAULT LIVE ON CAMERA. Whoever said "#IStandWithVic is MAGA but for anime nerds" was truly prescient.)

Last edited:

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
You could make a literal multi-season anime out of this whole saga and it would still probably be less nuts than what we're dealing with.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Same fucking energy as "Sex Pest A: Vig Midyawna"

F-Iql22bAAAmZuP
'

(He voices Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III in the new DreamWorks Kart game)

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
The JAT stuff honestly feels a little complicated.

Context: Apparently he had a Parler account (which was a right wing Twitter more or less) and was a way to indicate that a person turned out right wing; it's a contributing factor of Gina Carano being ousted. Though he insisted it wasn't his account and decided on quitting social media altogether. It even went down to the point where he called out this place.

Just about a bunch of notable VAs vouched for him too.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The JAT stuff honestly feels a little complicated.

Context: Apparently he had a Parler account (which was a right wing Twitter more or less) and was a way to indicate that a person turned out right wing; it's a contributing factor of Gina Carano being ousted. Though he insisted it wasn't his account and decided on quitting social media altogether. It even went down to the point where he called out this place.

Just about a bunch of notable VAs vouched for him too.
This is horseshit revisionism. JAT was actively reposting racist horseshit and covid conspiracies on HIS Parler account that was linked on HIS personal website.
www.resetera.com

Voice Actor James Arnold Taylor (Ratchet/Tidus/Obi-Wan) is posting racist & covid conspiracies on Parler

To those who don't know Parler is a fringe right-wing social media platform blowing up of late because the right can't admit Trump lost. James Arnold Taylor, a well known video game and animation voice actor of Ratchet in the Ratchet & Clank games, Tidus in Final Fantasy X, and Obi-Wan in all...

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
This is horseshit revisionism. JAT was actively reposting racist horseshit and covid conspiracies on HIS Parler account that was linked on HIS personal website.
www.resetera.com

Voice Actor James Arnold Taylor (Ratchet/Tidus/Obi-Wan) is posting racist & covid conspiracies on Parler

To those who don't know Parler is a fringe right-wing social media platform blowing up of late because the right can't admit Trump lost. James Arnold Taylor, a well known video game and animation voice actor of Ratchet in the Ratchet & Clank games, Tidus in Final Fantasy X, and Obi-Wan in all...
Oh. Forgot about the fact that it was linked to his website. I stand corrected then.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
So we have another title Vic got dropped from, Discotek announced a new dub of the Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple OVAs, and Vic was replaced by Daniel J. Edwards for Kenshi Ma.

You gotta love it.

Blindside

Jan 23, 2020
So we have another title Vic got dropped from, Discotek announced a new dub of the Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple OVAs, and Vic was replaced by Daniel J. Edwards for Kenshi Ma.

You gotta love it.

There were way too way defenders in that fucking YT chat of the stream who didn't, which was super gross to watch. Mod eventually had to step in to get them to shut up.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was a poor showing in front of the new VA, very disappointed that they just shut down all discussion and essentially let the defenders win.

Vic's still out though, which is good.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
LOL, went from $100k on initial judgment to north of $375k on the appeal. Nice job, Vic!

NOW PAY UP.

EDIT: And this is only for Monica Rial and Ron Toye's portion. Jamie Marchi and Funimation are still out there waiting for their money.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Vic is probably gonna end up owing well over a half a million dollars.

Incredible own goal. A fascinating effort in human stupidity.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Narcissism and naivete are a hell of a combination. Leads you to leave your defamation defense in the hands of an estate lawyer picked out by a streamer.