• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Ex9Cc_gUUAErHbn

Ex9DFLqUYAIJcu1

says "Virtua Fighter esports" in the Origial title section.

https://www.grac.or.kr/

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes please.

Been on the fence about playing VF5 through PS Now of all places lol

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
So this will be most likely a slight update of a...14 year old game that they will use to gauge interest in the series?

I hoped the VF esports thing would be a proper VF6.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
You know, i'm not even all that surprised that their big "Virtua Fighter esports" title is a port.

Maybe this is just one of those classic tests to see if people are interested in VF6.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I will buy the crap out of it regardless.

But it IS a new subtitle. There has to be something new in it, not just a straight port.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
They already ported it to PS4/Xbox/PC via the Yakuza games, so it would be great to have it standalone with online support.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
I'd absolutely up for an update to Virtua Fighter 5. I'd have been happy with a competent port of Final Showdown on modern consoles that worked well online.

I hope it does well enough to give us Virtua Fighter 6.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
VF5FS already came out on PS4, multiple times, through the Yakuza games. Though I guess rollback would still make it worth it

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
If this has rollback then I'm 1000 percent game. Even better if they brought back vanilla VF5's arcade tour which lets u jump to different arcades and challenge AIs and unlock customization options

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Wait...the esport title is just gonna be a rerelease of 5?

Man...that game was one of the ps3 early titles!!! And you can play it in the yakuza games!!!

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
if its on switch I will scream. I prayed for VF2 to make it through sega ages.

I'm legit surprised how any of you guys can play fighting games on a switch. I have pro controller and the hori dpad joycon and even with these additional accessories, I can't play any fighting games on it effectively. Bought kof97,2000 on it and gave up after 15mins. That dpad is terrible!!!

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
I'm legit surprised how any of you guys can play fighting games on a switch. I have pro controller and the hori dpad joycon and even with these additional accessories, I can't play any fighting games on it effectively. Bought kof97,2000 on it and gave up after 15mins. That dpad is terrible!!!

I just use the JoyCon, mainly for 3rd Strike. The "dpad" buttons aren't the best but I prefer them to the PS4's for platformers/fighting games. I also have the 8bitdo M30 saturn-like pad which is light and wireless for tabletop mode play.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
Did a joycon dpad mod on mine years ago works wonders in handheld for fighters actually everything else mayflash f300elite or pro controller

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down for a new version of 5, it remains my favourite fighter. Having it bare bones in Yakuza just isn't the same.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love VF5, but I hope this is a substantial upgrade to Final Showdown. Been playing that to death for years.

chivibowie

Feb 14, 2019
It seems to me a quite logical move. I hope they will soon announce the new features suggested by the subtitle "Ultimate Showdown".

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017

There are many arcade sticks for the Switch.
Hori Fighting Commander is also on the Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone check on the person who said that this meant that Sega was going to set up cloud computing servers in JP arcades.

Quoting myself from the announcement thread:

Please keep your expectations in check until there is a more substantial announcement.

-edit-

Upon further reading I regret to inform you that the person who said that this meant that Sega was going to use 'fog computing' for Virtua Fighter has since been banned for using an alt account to circumvent a prior ban.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018
It seems to me a quite logical move. I hope they will soon announce the new features suggested by the subtitle "Ultimate Showdown".
Yeah, the same name doesn't mean the same engine is locked.

For instance, PSO2 new genesis has a new engine. (Tecmo's DOA Ultimate was a remake)
www.resetera.com

Virtua Fighter x eSports News

https://www.linkedin.com/in/netp-kpocc6akkh/ and with this I think we can confirm this is a complete new project built from the ground up. (I wasn't in doubt myself) sounds like they will rely on their own engine like they used to. interesting to see a foreigner working with AM2 and a fan too!
(and foreigners joined AM2 as Senior Game Engine build Engineer)

But i prefer to keep my expectations low.

Last edited:

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
Please god let this have rollback, and get a Steam release so I don't need to re-up my PS+.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I hope this is just a holdover, but even if it isn't it will be good to get a properly updated version of Virtua Fighter 5. That being said, it better have rollback.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
They already ported it to PS4/Xbox/PC via the Yakuza games, so it would be great to have it standalone with online support.
that was Final, this is Ultimate!
You can use a fight stick or fight pad, just like any other system. You mention the pro controller so clearly you're not just talking about handheld play, so I don't understand.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't see anything wrong with getting some hopes up considering what they are doing with PSO2.

If this is the game that they want to get the ball rolling with then it kinda has to be different to the original, even if it's just a balance update.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing VF5 in yakuza and enjoying it.

I hope it's a proper update with more stuff