Suzuki Yu

Oct 25, 2017
Jeddah
Yeah, the same name doesn't mean the same engine is locked.

For instance, PSO2 new genesis has a new engine. (Tecmo's DOA Ultimate was a remake)
www.resetera.com

Virtua Fighter x eSports News

https://www.linkedin.com/in/netp-kpocc6akkh/ and with this I think we can confirm this is a complete new project built from the ground up. (I wasn't in doubt myself) sounds like they will rely on their own engine like they used to. interesting to see a foreigner working with AM2 and a fan too!
(and foreigners joined AM2 as Senior Game Engine build Engineer)

But i prefer to keep my expectations low.
yes this is either:
- a full remake of VF5. (from the ground up)
- or VF5 just being part of the plan with multiple VF projects around the e-sports aspect with one of them being completely new. (I am leaning toward this myself)

Last edited:

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Of course this is Sega, they were never going to make a proper Virtua Fighter 6, it was obviously going to be some reworked VF 5 online edition... also, of course, it's never going to have rollback.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Of course this is Sega, they were never going to make a proper Virtua Fighter 6, it was obviously going to be some reworked VF 5 online edition... also, of course, it's never going to have rollback.
We're at the point now where you'd be supremely bold as well as stupid to release an online fighting game that never has rollback netcode. We've turned that corner.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
vf_lfgbsjc7.jpg

Apr 21, 2018
yes this is either:
- a full remake of VF5. (from the ground up)
- or VF5 just being part of the plan with multiple VF projects around the e-sports aspect with one of them being completely new. (I am leaning toward this myself)
I think you're right since the CEO said it would take hours to explain the project.

Haruki Satomi wouldn't tease the "60th anniversary project" like this if it was only an update of Final Showdown...

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
that was Final, this is Ultimate!

You can use a fight stick or fight pad, just like any other system. You mention the pro controller so clearly you're not just talking about handheld play, so I don't understand.

the pro controller's dpad is too 'stiff' for me taste and im not going to invest anymore $80+ controllers on the switch as i used it as a portable like 3/4 of the time anyway..

but i digress (of the topic).

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
the pro controller's dpad is too 'stiff' for me taste and im not going to invest anymore $80+ controllers on the switch as i used it as a portable like 3/4 of the time anyway..

but i digress (of the topic).
I wasn't talking about you though, since you said you can't understand how others do it. I simply explained how others may do it.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
If it's only an update of VF5 with 4K60HDR and a cheap price, I'm in.
But God, Please be a new VF game.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Decently priced VF5FS remaster with rollback to start their VF esports stuff with a VF6 in the future is what I would assune

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Final Showdown is still the best non-weapon 3D fighter out there (I say non-weapon so I don't have to consider my feelings for Soul Calibur). It's ridiculous how well it plays and none of the others really come near. I only occasionally play it nowadays, but when I do it's amazing. So even if this is just a quick and dirty port, fine. I'm assuming there's something though.

Not that it really matters because ratings usually leak from Korea first, but wouldn't it be awesome if they introduced a Korean fighter? Like, we've had a bunch of TKD in other games but Virtua Fighter would make it great.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer a sequel or an online collection of all the past games, but tbh I'll take whatever I can get at this point lol

Please just have a good rollback netcode + cross platform play

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
AW SHIT!

This better have everything of the original PS3/Xbox 360 release, including singleplayer stuff, but updated to todays standards and more. So yeah, rollback code would be great, of course.

I also hope they are also still working on Virtua Fighter though.

Oct 26, 2017
"Ultimate Showdown"? Sounds like another balance patch for Final Showdown. If this has rollback, and crossplay between other versions, I'd be very happy!

Just don't nerf my boy Taka-Arashi too much, Sega.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I would gladly take a graphically touched up VF: Final Showdown. That game was amazing.

After playing it in Yakuza 6 I remembered how smooth that game is, I miss it.

Only PS4 stings but the change of title must mean something.

And for those using PSO2 for hope, really don't they literally build a new game with just an updated name so they could keep the licensed costumes nothing more and that is not the case for VF.

Just don't nerf my boy Taka-Arashi too much, Sega.
Isn't He a little meh in the Final version?

To be fair anyone that doesn't have a drink in that game is meh lol

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
After playing it in Yakuza 6 I remembered how smooth that game is, I miss it.

Only PS4 stings but the change of title must mean something.

And for those using PSO2 for hope, really don't they literally build a new game with just an updated name so they could keep the licensed costumes nothing more and that is not the case for VF.

Only the PS4 version has been tested so far, I think. Wouldn't surprise me if it would also come to PC, Xbox One etc.

Oct 27, 2017
SEGA's been way too port-happy thess days.

C'mon please give us something new...
I bought Sakura Wars and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 Day 1, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be the idiot- is there any chance that "Final" and "Ultimate" can be translated interchangeably, and that this is just Final showdown?

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
I'd be fine with an updated FS with some graphical touchups, and hopefully a new characters or two, VF5 is still great, but
Please have rollback
I swear to god if they try reviving VF without it I'm gonna rip my fucking hair out

Not having rollback just when other Japanese titles are getting on board would be verrrry Sega-like.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
This better not be the Virtua Fighter eSports title
So this will be most likely a slight update of a...14 year old game that they will use to gauge interest in the series?

I hoped the VF esports thing would be a proper VF6.
Don't care. I'll take it even if it's just a port of VF5FS with a higher resolution or something.
Please have rollback
I swear to god if they try reviving VF without it I'm gonna rip my fucking hair out
I know rollback is the hot button and all, but FS actually had fairly good netcode at the time. I was able to play from San Antonio to Boston with nary an issue in a game that is notorious for frame sensitivity over nearly any other FG. And this was before broadband speeds and reliability were what they are now.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If they release the game with balance updates, higher resolution and rollback it will be fine

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I'd be fine with an updated FS with some graphical touchups, and hopefully a new characters or two, VF5 is still great, but

Not having rollback just when other Japanese titles are getting on board would be verrrry Sega-like.

Would also show Sega aint paying attention to the market they've decided to jump back into years later. I usually just assume that they arent if it isn't Sonic or Yakuza related.

Oct 26, 2017

He was certainly better in VF5 R, when he first showed up. However, he's still really good in FS. He still has fantastic command throws, he still has a low-risk mid hitting launcher(that can be *easily* hit confirmed), he has great wallsplat combos, and he still has great ring-out potential.

Oct 27, 2017
Ultimate better actually be the ultimate version then. Every single revision of VF5 stages needs to be in, every song in the series history, updated graphics, great netcode, every game mode from every console version of VF5, maybe if they're feeling generous an actual story mode with endings but that's the most unlikely thing out of everything I just asked for.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Please just give me a modern way to play FS with rollback.

Parsec has been fantastic but this would be even better.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I AM DOWN!

Hopefully it is not just a port and they also fix Vanessa:
virtual-fighter-white-wash-jpg.294122

And it's not even just her skin tone. They reduced how muscular she was as well. She's ripped in VF4, while she just has some abs in VF5. It's probably the worst character redesign i've ever seen in a good game (which obviously excludes Castlevania Judgment). I mean, just look at this

VF4
vanessa4gj77.png

VF5
vanessa1gakq1.png

Oct 27, 2017
And it's not even just her skin tone. They reduced how muscular she was as well. She's ripped in VF4, while she just has some abs in VF5. It's probably the worst character redesign i've ever seen in a good game (which obviously excludes Castlevania Judgment). I mean, just look at this

VF4
vanessa4gj77.png

VF5
vanessa1gakq1.png
Agreed.

We barely get girls with muscles in fighters and it was a shame she lost them. Only SF is having women with muscles and I wish more games would do that. They are fighters, they need to be ripped or at least fit!

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
amazing, I've been waiting since FS on PS3. Bought my PS3 for vanilla VF5.

hoping and praying for a single player quest mode, and knowing fully well it will not be in there.

also 4K please and thanks.
VF5FS already came out on PS4, multiple times, through the Yakuza games. Though I guess rollback would still make it worth it
Lol cmon though I don't wanna have to boot up yakuza and walk to an arcade every time I wanna play it tho

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I definately don't want them to straight port the Yakuza version of VF5, doesn't even have the costumes and shit the 360/PS3 versions had. Its just a barebones version of the game.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
Also please let us use retro models again, I loved how you could use VF1 costumes in VF4: Evolution

maxresdefault.jpg

I would love to be able to use those glorious model 2 VF2 models

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This game is already awesome on Xbox, and would be awesome on PS4. I pray this means a serious return for VF in the fighting scene.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's not just the barebones Yakuza arcade version and the one with the cups and the customization