• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
Question: Are Vtubers also somewhat rising among non-japanese speaking creators? Like, do e.g. native english speakers come up with VT personas as well, successfully? If so, are they all anime still? Or is it still mostly a Japanese thing among some Japanese publishing companies and private vtubers?

well, Hololive (Japanese vtuber company) have an English branch. Outside that there is also plenty of English vtuber already. Nyanners, Melody, Iromouse to name the few and they are pretty successful.

Vtuber is here to stay, it provide alternative to those who don't want to show they real face

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
well, Hololive (Japanese vtuber company) have an English branch. Outside that there is also plenty of English vtuber already. Nyanners, Melody, Iromouse to name the few and they are pretty successful.

Vtuber is here to stay, it provide alternative to those who don't want to show they real face
Im aware of holo en, just wondering if it takes foot outside of japanese creators and companies as well.

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've even seen some brazilians Vtubers around like Ume Maia (she speaks english on her streams too) and Batata com Pepino (she swears A LOT)

And I'm pretty sure there's a lot more that I don't even know of right now.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
Im aware of holo en, just wondering if it takes foot outside of japanese creators and companies as well.

There are plenty of Western vtubers, but they're generally independent streamers.
If you were ineterested, you can check the vtuber reddit, which has a flair or the vtuber wiki to find English speaking vtubers.
There are, of course, others who don't show up in either place like Hanayome Kamakiri.

The vast majority of them will be generically anime inspired, but there's always going to be variations in style, even within Japan.

Izkda

Oct 25, 2017
Question: Are Vtubers also somewhat rising among non-japanese speaking creators? Like, do e.g. native english speakers come up with VT personas as well, successfully? If so, are they all anime still? Or is it still mostly a Japanese thing among some Japanese publishing companies and private vtubers?

There is a spreadsheet with around 800 documented english speaking vtubers

Refrain

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I didn't go to sleep and was able to witness Pekora killing Lamy to protect Speedwagon while Lamy was trying to protect her from him lol
That happened right after she extorted some gold from Lamy and was trying to find a way to improve her image as a senpai too.
This is just comedic gold.

Seiru

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I didn't go to sleep and was able to witness Pekora killing Lamy to protect Speedwagon while Lamy was trying to protect her from him lol
That happened right after she extorted some gold from Lamy and was trying to find a way to improve her image as a senpai too.
This is just comedic gold.

I saw this coming a mile away when Pekora started walking towards Gen 5's house...poor Lamy, she was just trying to save her senpai.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hololive is fairly tame compared to some of the Nijisanji streamers tbh. I remember there are four or five of them that talk about really candid sexual stuff. Utako Suzuko might be one of the more well known ones, she made a whole English playlist of her various videos and roleplaying.

Seiru

Oct 25, 2017
Which vtubers are well-known for making dirty jokes or aren't afraid to talk about lewd stuff? From what I've seen there's Coco, Marine, Matsuri, and Amelia

Kagura Mea is pretty out there. She mimed performing a hand job in her debut video, and it's been a wild ride ever since.

www.youtube.com

【NSFW】That handj*b caused a broken hand [Englishsub][The legendary debut stream]

#VtuberEN, #KaguraMea, #神楽めあ, Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KagurameaF?s=05 If you plan to watch Mea’s livestream, here’s the translation of the:...

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Nijisanji has some absolute out there ones. I think Kagura Mea claims to never bathe iirc. Anyway, Himari Mochizuki is pretty funny on the dirty/lewd side. Like building a top tier eroge machine:

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, very, very much so. At the moment there is a huge wave of Twitch streamers rebranding as Vtubers/Vstreamers (especially art streamers), so much so that artists and the few people who rig Live2D models are not only swamped with work for months to come but prices just keep spiralling upward with the demand (good luck getting a quality model that is rigged and ready to go for less than $1500-2000 now). There aren't any groups though, so it's all just indie streamers.

It'll be interesting to see if it's a bubble that will burst and everyone reverts back to being a normal streamer, or if Vtuber avatars are here to stay and become the next thing that new streamers are expected to invest in to grow their audience.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
playboard.co

Most Super Chatted Channels in Worldwide - All-time

Worldwide YouTube Channels all-time ranking and analysis reports.

Those of you interested to know, Looks like Rushia is quickly gaining on Coco for Worldwide Superchats. This 3-week suspension was ultimately going to be a major blow. Give it a week and I can definitely see her overtaking the #1 spot.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
What does Pikamee have left to finish in Mario 64? Rainbow Ride and Bowser in the Sky?

Korone, Fubuki and Gura are in a race to a million subs. Might be able to reach it by the end of October/early November. (not a competition but it's still fun to watch)

Last edited:

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
5AYmXhE.jpg

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Which vtubers are well-known for making dirty jokes or aren't afraid to talk about lewd stuff? From what I've seen there's Coco, Marine, Matsuri, and Amelia
Ironmouse is the most entertaining to me out of the filthy pervert English-speaking vtubers I know.

As far as Nijisanji goes there's the (in?)famous SKB club, though I'm pretty sure this doesn't even scratch the surface.

Feb 22, 2018
Ina is currently singing "Im Yours"
She is singing it amazingly

Hate the song though cus it plays like 10 times every day at work. Lol.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I remember that by the time Sakura Miko (hopefully soon) returns, Hololive went through introducing 2 generations and had like a half dozen controversies since her break.

Status
Not open for further replies.