Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Gura and Ame might be my favorite pair in the EN squad, even when they're not doing a collab stream lol

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a couple remix contest entries that have a weirdly low number of views relative to how well-executed they are:

I literally cannot go through all of them with how many there are. Not without dropping everything else in the day, lol. Unfathomable.

Edit: Throwing in another. Why not?

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Ame & Gura: both sleep deprived for their streams today

Also Ame & Gura: both played a lot of minecraft both on and off-screen yesterday

Coincidence?

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
VOMs seems pretty Indie though I guess. Looks more like a collective than straight up corporations like Nijisanji, upd8 or hololive.
Little VOMS Project is such a "one-man show" (literally, in case of its sole manager) it doesn't even register yet in the most recent Japanese 'VTuber' companies valuation data and investors information compiled by INITIAL, Inc. through its market analysis:

initial.inc

市場勃興から3年。VTuberスタートアップの全体像 - INITIAL

スタートアップの最新トレンドがわかる週間企画「INITIAL Briefing」。 スタートアップの実態をとらえるタグ紹介、資金調達など抑えておくべき3大ニュース解説、注目スタートアップ紹介などのコンテンツをお届けする。 今回のテーマは、「VTuber」。VTuberスタートアップの資金調達動向、事業領域と主なプレイヤー、今後の展望について読み解く。 8月末〜9月1週目の3大ニュースでは、ティアフォー、スカイドライブなどモビリティ関連の大型資金調達を中心に解説する。...

https://initial.inc/articles/briefing01

As a curiosity, at the following links you can check the company profiles offered publicly for Ichikara Inc. and cover corp. (being both specially popular on this thread):

initial.inc

ANYCOLOR株式会社 - INITIAL

多種多様なインフルエンサーが所属するVTuber/バーチャルライバープロジェクト「にじさんじプロジェクト」の展開。 VTuberグループ「にじさんじ」によるYouTubeにおけるライブ配信を中心にグッズ・デジタルコンテンツの販売、リアルイベントの実施。 海外VTuber事業として、主に英語を用いて活動するVTuberプロジェクト「NIJISANJI EN」、および中国VTuberグループ「VirtuaReal」の展開。 「魔法のような、新体験を。」をミッションとする。
https://initial.inc/companies/A-29737

initial.inc

カバー株式会社 - INITIAL

配信システム開発、VTuber事務所の運営、コンテンツ開発など二次元エンタメを加速させるための多面的な事業を展開。 VTuber配信アプリやキャラクターモデル制作、バーチャルライブサービスを提供。 自社システムを活用したYouTubeなどで動画投稿やライブ配信を中心に活動する女性VTuberグループ「ホロライブ」、男性VTuberグループ「ホロスターズ」および音楽レーベル「イノナカミュージック」が所属するVTuber事務所「ホロライブプロダクション」を運営。...
https://initial.inc/companies/A-27236

If we're only so lucky. I wonder if they're going to meme or just do a low key thing when they able to stream again?
I'm expecting a low-key approach, if only because management will probably impose it. Inciting a new heightened response of the 'antis' immediately after things settling down a bit (during the timeout) could make the whole process of "defusing the situation" go to total waste.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Little VOMS Project is such a "one-man show" (literally, in case of its sole manager) it doesn't even register yet in the most recent Japanese 'VTuber' companies valuation data and investors information compiled by INITIAL, Inc. through its market analysis:

initial.inc

スタートアップの最新トレンドがわかる週間企画「INITIAL Briefing」。 スタートアップの実態をとらえるタグ紹介、資金調達など抑えておくべき3大ニュース解説、注目スタートアップ紹介などのコンテンツをお届けする。 今回のテーマは、「VTuber」。VTuberスタートアップの資金調達動向、事業領域と主なプレイヤー、今後の展望について読み解く。 8月末〜9月1週目の3大ニュースでは、ティアフォー、スカイドライブなどモビリティ関連の大型資金調達を中心に解説する。...

https://initial.inc/articles/briefing01

As a curiosity, at the following links you can check the company profiles offered publicly for Ichikara Inc. and cover corp. (being both specially popular on this thread):

initial.inc

ANYCOLOR株式会社 - INITIAL

多種多様なインフルエンサーが所属するVTuber/バーチャルライバープロジェクト「にじさんじプロジェクト」の展開。 VTuberグループ「にじさんじ」によるYouTubeにおけるライブ配信を中心にグッズ・デジタルコンテンツの販売、リアルイベントの実施。 海外VTuber事業として、主に英語を用いて活動するVTuberプロジェクト「NIJISANJI EN」、および中国VTuberグループ「VirtuaReal」の展開。 「魔法のような、新体験を。」をミッションとする。
https://initial.inc/companies/A-29737

initial.inc

カバー株式会社 - INITIAL

配信システム開発、VTuber事務所の運営、コンテンツ開発など二次元エンタメを加速させるための多面的な事業を展開。 VTuber配信アプリやキャラクターモデル制作、バーチャルライブサービスを提供。 自社システムを活用したYouTubeなどで動画投稿やライブ配信を中心に活動する女性VTuberグループ「ホロライブ」、男性VTuberグループ「ホロスターズ」および音楽レーベル「イノナカミュージック」が所属するVTuber事務所「ホロライブプロダクション」を運営。...
https://initial.inc/companies/A-27236

I'm expecting a low-key approach, if only because management will probably impose it. Inciting a new heightened response of the 'antis' immediately after things settling down a bit (during the timeout) could make the whole process of "defusing the situation" go to total waste.

So despite the western perception Nijisanji is still by far the biggest Vtuber company out there. Interesting.

I wonder if the success of HoloEN is giving Nijisanji some thoughts. I know they have an english division but it's a rebranded india division iirc.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017

They'll definetly try but after a 3 weeks abscence and given their popularity i don't think that'll be an easy task. They'll get attention.

Last edited:

Refrain

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Kiara and Subaru are so natural together. I can't believe this is their first time doing collab.
She even called Subaru "omae" lol
It's like they are sisters
She doesn't use keigo with Subaru at all like any others would when talking with a senpai.
Also I like how Kiara just speak Kansai-ben sometime.

Last edited:

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
No idea what's being said but you can tell they just mesh. Also it was pretty obvious that Kiara was the most fluent in Japanese out of EN before, but wow you can really tell now how good she is in this environment.

And of course Huke-papa wasn't going to miss this.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Kiara and Subaru are so natural together. I can't believe this is their first time doing collab.
She even called Subaru "omae" lol
It's like they are sisters
She doesn't use keigo with Subaru at all like any others would when talking with a senpai.
Also I like how Kiara just speak Kansai-ben sometime.

I'm a little worried antis might latch on to this, thinking the newbie is being too disrespectful to her senior or whatever.

masaa

Oct 27, 2017
France
So I started watching last week...
Here's my experience so far:
Day 1: *clicks on a Suisei video recommended in my feed* Whoa! Those are pretty good Tetris skills.
Day 2: Oh, she's doing some collab videos too. Maybe I should check them out.
Day 3: OKAKORO MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS
Day 4: I keep hearing this strange laugh in my sleep with visions of arrows. Oh well, might as well watch more since I can't sleep anyway.
Day 5: Maybe I should expand to Nijisanji vtubers too...
Day 6: Oh there's an ERA thread. *proceeds to start reading from the beginning*
Day 7: *Feeling of dread sinks in as I realize how deep I am into the rabbit hole*

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1: *clicks on a Suisei video recommended in my feed* Whoa! Those are pretty good Tetris skills.
Day 4: I keep hearing this strange laugh in my sleep with visions of arrows. Oh well, might as well watch more since I can't sleep anyway.
Day 7: *Feeling of dread sinks in as I realize how deep I am into the rabbit hole*

And another one fell in...
Welcome to this wonderful and cozy place. There's no escape btw. Enjoy your stay ^_^

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

marine's origin story

Wow, Amelia looks exactly how I expected her to.

Welcome! There's no escape but it's nice and cozy so enjoy

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
I fear the day Hololive EN Gen 2 is announced. I might have to quit watching actual anime to make time for more vtubers. And when Gen 3 comes out...might have to quit video games too.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
welcome to the hole, you're probably only ankle deep right now with a ways to go. Enjoy your stay!

here's a cute clip of Lamy and Botan singing her membership song

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
dF7Jgn1.png

Moona got big boost thanks being Peko construction subsidiary

Favio Bolo

Banned
Aug 17, 2020

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I fear the day Hololive EN Gen 2 is announced. I might have to quit watching actual anime to make time for more vtubers. And when Gen 3 comes out...might have to quit video games too.
This was already the case for me before JP Gen 5...
I hope the EN girls start collaboring soon with the ID branch, Risu and Iofi need more love
I think there was tentative plans to do a big Among Us collab after their month-long debut isolation was up with the other English speakers? So probably waiting for Coco and Haachama (I guess?) at this point to make a full group of 10.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
This was already the case for me before JP Gen 5...

I think there was tentative plans to do a big Among Us collab after their month-long debut isolation was up with the other English speakers? So probably waiting for Coco and Haachama (I guess?) at this point to make a full group of 10.

Dual monitors so that you can multitask.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I like that Sora is just wandering around the server off stream lol. Also Moona's giant pack of dogs is hilarious.

SemRockwel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little worried antis might latch on to this, thinking the newbie is being too disrespectful to her senior or whatever.

I think it is kind of expected for westerners to not be good at keigo. I wouldn't be surprised if that is a limitation in Kiara's Japanese.

Proper manners in Japan can be complicated beyond the basics.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
think Calli mentioned that in a recent stream too. slipping from formal to casual or vice-versa

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
Question: Does Pekora jump everywhere in Minecraft because it's some pro-gamer move to go faster, or is it because she's a rabbit?

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Pekodam gonna be the weapon to surpass Metal Gear. Peko Minecraft streams are really fun and chill.
Also Moona traveling across the map to get a dog and then gifting it to Peko was really cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.