• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2018
Its too bad Gura had to cancel the movie watching stream. 900k would've been a nice thing to celebrate at the end of it. I saw her in the live chat for Calli's concert stream so hopefully everything is okay now.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Its too bad Gura had to cancel the movie watching stream. 900k would've been a nice thing to celebrate at the end of it. I saw her in the live chat for Calli's concert stream so hopefully everything is okay now.
I don't think she likes celebrating her sub milestones. She never mentions it and a while back she ended stream early when she was about to hit one.

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
the reserved live video time changed to be in 16 hrs and 34 min from now so she's gonna try to do the watch along before the collab so stuff is probably fine in that it might not have been anything major.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

looks like Korone is doing Hyrule soon

Seems from a casual observer like HololiveEN has kinda taken over this thread huh?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I'm sort of dubious about the legalities of this, but someone seem to have compiled a top 100 song list for Hololive.

The snippets seem a bit too long but it might be cool to check out the songs the Hololivers have made/covered.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been lazily following this thread and this kind of content since the first wave I think, but never decided to go down the rabbit hole because every single time I thought about doing it some random controversy happened and I ended up saying to myself "nah, I'd rather not support them after this". But recently (two days ago / this week iirc) I ended up randomly watching one or two streams from the hololive EN ones before sleeping and now my entire youtube homepage is gone and all they recommend me is more vtube stuff, from original channels to compilations / translations.

RIP homepage, 2020 claims another one.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Ina's Hades stream was pretty fun yesterday. Hades is a great game and it was fun watching her getting familiar with all the systems.

Based on how fast she was clicking through some menus (like the renovation one) I knew she was accidentally gonna sell something that she liked a lot. And sure enough, that did happen lol
Pain Tako

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This thread is really wild to watch. I mostly stick to the NA, Indie folks and know so little about HoloEN so whenever I see someone post clips of them being vulgar I'm just so confused. These girls are absolute saints compared to the people that I keep on my radar. Calli and Amelia are fun in the clips I've seen since they're just weird as fuck and that's what I vibe with. Pika is hilarious, too.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So is HoloEN still based out of Japan? I only really watched Gura and Amelia, and I could have sworn they were from another English speaking country with how good their English is.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Only Kiara and Cali. Everyone else seems to be in North America.
Okay, that makes more sense.

Because I was reading that everyone or some people were based out of Japan, but then everything was being real contradictory. Like how they would always get tired and groggy at late night streams going into the am's, or the slight cultural aspects of how they were acting on stream (how they behave more American than Japanese, ect). Then how their YouTube profiles all said Japan on them or how they all spoke (I assume) decent Japanese at time during the streams.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, but it was really throwing me for a loop in the back of my mind. lol.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Okay, that makes more sense.

Because I was reading that everyone or some people were based out of Japan, but then everything was being real contradictory. Like how they would always get tired and groggy at late night streams going into the am's, or the slight cultural aspects of how they were acting on stream (how they behave more American than Japanese, ect). Then how their YouTube profiles all said Japan on them or how they all spoke (I assume) decent Japanese at time during the streams.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, but it was really throwing me for a loop in the back of my mind. lol.

Most likely they get their Youtube and some of their gaming accounts (like Ina's Mario Kart) from Hololive, which is why they say JP.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i think this is answered by the thumbnail above but in kayfabe marine isn't actually missing an eye right, it's just a style eyepatch bcos pirate?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you can really reach Chinese netizens if your jurisdiction is in Japan but it's better than not trying.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
ZUFZ6Py.png

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Kinda felt like they're all over the place now over-explaining to mostly set-in-their-minds audience.
Wasn't exactly happy with their trying to low-key bury the issue pretending it'll go away on its own but at the same time if they pick that as their strategy I wished they'd commit to it fully lol.

Ah well, still looking forward to Haato and Coco's return all the same.

Seiru

Oct 25, 2017
I've never given SC before, but I'll probably throw a few dollars at Coco's and Haato's return streams just to counteract the haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.