• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

malyse

Community Resetter
Everyone who votes, post your voting stories/pictures here!

Incidentally, my dad hugged me and I think my sticker came off, so instead here's the story of me meeting my city mayor last night: I met the mayor of my city in Food Lion last night. He didn't recognize me at first, but he remembered me as my father's son.

It's not a great story.

Also, I voted in Virginia.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Voting in NC in a municipal race later on today- trying to eliminate the last Republican from the city, though with the weather and the primary results I don't think it's going to happen.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I voted a couple of weeks back in my local council elections. Since we have compulsory preferential voting we have to number every box in order of preference. Since I was paying no attention to the candidates I just looked for a how-to-vote card for the Labor candidate and followed that.

Democracy in action.

The Llama

Oct 27, 2017
I voted in Philadelphia. I saw two people leaving as I walked in but otherwise no one was there around 745am. So I suspect turnout here won't be very high lol...

Edit: And you better believe I got a sticker!!

HylianTom

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
Early voting in New Orleans. We have a pretty gentle mayoral race going-on where I'm not crazy about either candidate.

We have a really shady D.A. (a man known for issuing fake subpoenas and who is being considered for a U.S. Attorney position by the Trump administration); he's been fully embraced by one of the two mayoral candidates, which tells me everything I need to know about her judgment.

Go vote. New Jerseyans, you just might save the Democrats a Senate seat if the Governor's mansion flips. And Virginia.. the choice couldn't be more stark.

Oct 26, 2017
Vote in OHIO!!!

============IMPORTANT================

If you are not aware of your voting pricint or havent registered to vote where you live you can still vote!

Head done to your local board of elections and bring ID and documentation and you can VOTE!

NO EXCUSES

Todays ballots effect you more than national ones, read up on the issues and people running. Be informed!

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
Voted in Colorado by mail. Nothing major for my local elections besides school board (the woman running is qualified; the guy running is GOP level of bad), allowing term limits (voted no), and allowing the city to offer fiber internet (I'd vote yes but I'm right outside the provided area so I don't get an opinion).

Vote y'all!!!!

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I voted.

For Mickey mouse and bugs Bunny because NYC does not have competitive general elections!

Supha_Volt

Nov 3, 2017
Voted early in Salt Lake and boy was it was not good. I spent days trying to research the candidates for the city council in my district and couldn't find much about either. Even on the .gov site there was like a paragraph for one of the candidates issues and that's it.

Good thing that I also vote by mail because that was the only option they had for this election as there was not a place to vote in person other than to drop of mail ballots.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got my ballot and voted here in Washington state something like two weeks ago. A quick plunk into a drop box and you're done, no lines, no waiting. <3

The sticker is in my heart.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Did my part in NJ this morning. Pretty busy this morning, but I also live in an area that leans R, so that's not ideal

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Looking into Prop 3 for NY, and there's "no opposition could be found" so I guess that means it's a good thing haha

It just lets people who live in the Adirondacks do some road work and power line improvements. They need voter permission to do that because it's a protected forest.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Voted in my city election today, which is just mayor, city council, school committee. No non-binding or binding resolutions, simple ballot. Local elections this year are kind of a shoe-in because the only dramatic election, which was for mayor, changed drastically two weeks ago when one of the candidates pulled out of the election (he was the arguably the only prominent Republican, but he's also mentally unstable and a fucking asshole). I was the only person in my precinct at ~7:30 today, and I doubt we'll get more than a few thousand votes for that precinct for an off-cycle election. Technically our city council/mayor, school committee, and any other elected city positions are non-partisan.

I, uhh, don't take the stickers tho or post pictures of me voting. For one, it's against the law in some states/districts to take photos inside of polling areas, and it's also against the law to photograph ballots or voting equipment in some states/districts.

*edit*

On an aside, I think sticky posts often miss the point of why they're sticky. Most people have a mental filter ignoring sticky posts ("banner blindness" affect), and so for posts that seem important, it's usually best to float them in the general discussion area.

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Looking into Prop 3 for NY, and there's "no opposition could be found" so I guess that means it's a good thing haha

It just lets people who live in the Adirondacks do some road work and power line improvements. They need voter permission to do that because it's a protected forest.

OK thank you! I was going to vote no to protect forested land, but that doesn't sound too bad.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
OK thank you! I was going to vote no to protect forested land, but that doesn't sound too bad.
The proposition was co-written by environmentalist groups and took years to negotiate. Seems to be okay to vote yes on.

I was initially going to vote no on it, as well, due to wanting to protect the forests. But it seems like they worked out an agreement.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
I voted, but I forgot to grab a sticker. I realized it while leaving the building, but decided against going back for just the sticker.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm voting this afternoon, once my girlfriend gets back from work. We're gonna help Northam pull this out, because it's too damn important.

SleazyC

Oct 26, 2017
US of A
First time voting (in person) since I moved back to the US from two and a half years overseas! Wearing my "I voted sticker" around the office with pride!

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
Voted for my mayor today in NC. Nothing else on the ballot this year.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
Does a vote by mail from weeks ago in NJ count as a vote today for thread purposes? If so then yes I voted and proudly voted straight D in NJ.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Will be voting after work today. Since this is a non-presidential election, I expect to be in and out faster than it takes me to drive their from my house. Also, hi all my fellow NC voters!

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing doing in my county to vote on today, but take this country back for those in states and districts that have the chance!!

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I was worried about how I was going to vote today since my son is so little and goes to bed early. Lucky for me he woke up at 5 AM today so I had plenty of time to get to the polling station before work.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
I voted in 2017, but the general election for me was back in May. We flipped city council and the airport authority board to Dem control. Yay for small victories lol.

Last edited:

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna vote after my dentist appointment. Hopefully it won't be too packed because it's not a major election.

Mostly ballot measures here in Texas, nothing too crazy as far as I can tell.

Edit: BTW, anyone from Texas Era got any good places to go to be reminded and kept up to date on politics around here?

As much as I hate to admit it, it's hard for me to keep up with elections and ballot issues at the local and state level.

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna vote after my dentist appointment. Hopefully it won't be too packed because it's not a major election.

Mostly ballot measures here in Texas, nothing too crazy as far as I can tell.

Edit: BTW, anyone from Texas Era got any good places to go to be reminded and kept up to date on politics around here?

As much as I hate to admit it, it's hard for me to keep up with elections and ballot issues at the local and state level.

Ballot-o-pedia is good, but it's usually community run and so it depends on folks to keep it up to date and relevant. Around me in the North East it's usually pretty active, relevant, and unbiased. Your local newspaper is typically the best bet, though. Most will run election previews on the Sunday before an election.

ExMachina

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Voted in Fairfax County, Virginia right when the polls opened... and heck yeah, I got a sticker. Not too many folks around so it was super quick, but there were both groups handing out Republican and Democrat ballots, along with literature on gerrymandering.

Got to work early and decided to grab some breakfast from the cafeteria. The lady at the register saw my sticker and mentioned that while she can't participate, she convinced her son to vote later today. The conversation put a smile on my face; hopefully the turn out picks up after work.

Oct 27, 2017
Leaving work an hour early this afternoon to go vote here in Kansas City. Voting whether or not to approve a new airport terminal is the big here this time,

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voted here but only against one issue, the rest I left blank.

Is it just me or is there more and more "campaigning" going on at polling places? I thought this was illegal but the last two elections (including last presidential) have had all kinds of kooks in the parking lot pestering everyone heading inside. Today was some goon running for city council pretending to hand out "ballot slates" which is just a list of shit that's up for vote and then he'd go into his pitch about wanting your vote. I blew him off easily enough but it's annoying to have to deal with at all.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Ballot-o-pedia is good, but it's usually community run and so it depends on folks to keep it up to date and relevant. Around me in the North East it's usually pretty active, relevant, and unbiased. Your local newspaper is typically the best bet, though. Most will run election previews on the Sunday before an election.

Thanks y'all.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Was number 10 at my polling location.... This was an hour after opening so not high hopes for turnout here.

This is north of Pittsburgh.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I voted in NYC today. Need to get DiBlasio out of there (even though he is currently projected to win by a landslide). I am a registered independent who leans left, and I voted for his rival under the "Down with DiBlasio" party... lol!

Also, any other NY'ers who happen to read this, please vote NO on the constitutional Convention, as well as the use of forested land for other uses. The pension question, about forfeiting pensions of public figures convicted of a felony is up to you, as I am not sure how that would affect other, non public figures...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Turns out that when I got my ID here in MA (after moving from PA) the RMV did not actually register me to vote like I thought I had marked - I think they sorta rushed through getting my forms handled and I didn't raise any questions because I was so sick of waiting by that point.

So my participation this week is just registering to vote for next time, which is unfortunate but at least I know that's handled. Wish I'd been smart enough to check before the registration deadline for today, though.

EDIT: Though I'm not sure I have something to vote on today anyway since I live just slightly too far outside of Boston? I wish this information was a little clearer. I'm registered now in any case.

Last edited: