Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not sure why we're still in Aries I... maybe the ranks update at the end of each Cup/season or something?

It's Raid period, all - time to babysit your devices all week! Don't forget you unlock a free Knight/Warrior/Greatsword MR VC if you beat the Lvl 5 Tonberry boss. Could be a good VC for Limited Battles where there is a lower VC cost. Also the new UR Raid armor is awesome and will get a lot of use in all modes, def try to grind one out during the week.

Hot tip for those who have him: you can beat the Lvl 99 Dark Ifrit in 6 moves with a solo 140 Ashen King w/ Leviathan equipped(Fire Eater, Esper Killer)
youtu.be

【ダークイフリートレイド】灰王、シュナクで単騎攻略。灰王の殲滅スピードが早すぎるww 他武具やVC、周回場所など【FFBE幻影戦争 WOTV】

初心者応援リスト➡https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI3hSD0fsVH2U34PRaDGZ0CYItZnUGrfHFFBE幻影戦争関連動画➡https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI...ツイッター➡https://twitter.com/...

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
New Jueme is taking Dark Ifrit to Task. Lvl 50 so far (only 3 rare raids though) and only taking 6 turns.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jeume makes sense as being pretty effective here because she's a modern unit who has the element that Dark Ifrit is weak to.

And tbh Leviathan could be used on a ton of characters in this situation and they'd get a big murdery boost in the raid.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I may have to also retire my lightning team from GB for now and give Alaya a rest. With so many earth teams coming out of people picking up Mont, soon it's not going to go well for them anymore.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This raid QoL is quite amazing. You can stack 20 encounters now. I'm already at raid 50 or something. If only it can auto replay to save the boredom but it's a nice QoL.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The increase in encounters you can bank is certainly a step forward as you can do longer bursts chaining raids... still potentially the dumbest content in the game, though.

But I badly need to restore my Visiore reserve so I guess this is my whole week.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you've been participating in Guild Battle since they started dropping Earth Veritas medals then you should be able to acquire him tomorrow. I'm at 194 medals.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I actually got him today. I think I get more medals as the leader or whatever.

As for the raid… I'm already done with 100 as of yesterday but the raid armour looks pretty strong. Physical and magical wise damage reduction… it's probably worth getting two copies of? You get one guaranteed at 100 but I'm thinking of buying another one.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I would get 2 of the army vests but I also don't have the marshmallow hat and that's tempting. But I need to figure out if I'd even be able to make one with the materials I have. I swear if you haven't done all the raids to level 100 it can be nearly impossible to ever build these older ones with how scarce the materials are. I still need like a thousand of the pink thread to make a survival vest, but even if I spent every one of my tokens on those threads I'd only get 600. And they don't come from anywhere else.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually got him today. I think I get more medals as the leader or whatever.
Nice! Gonna put him in the barracks asap tomorrow, seems like he'll be pretty useful.. could always use another tank. Though I wish his TMR was usable by more than like 4-5 units.
I would get 2 of the army vests but I also don't have the marshmallow hat and that's tempting. But I need to figure out if I'd even be able to make one with the materials I have. I swear if you haven't done all the raids to level 100 it can be nearly impossible to ever build these older ones with how scarce the materials are. I still need like a thousand of the pink thread to make a survival vest, but even if I spent every one of my tokens on those threads I'd only get 600. And they don't come from anywhere else.
At least the Army Plate doesn't require those threads, so if you do enough raids you can finish the second Army Plate with ease and then focus down the other raid piece of your choice.

I usually come out of these raids with like 2 million raid medals(I babysit the raid all day, every day, during these raid weeks.. I'm currently hovering around Rank 400 and I plan to come in under 500 for the Vis reward at the end), so I think buying those threads is conceivable if you can put the time in. I'm not sure if you know but you can set a background farm to collect 20 raid encounters while you're working through the previous 20 raids. You need to spend 400+ energy to bank 20 encounters. By doing this you can chain the banking and the raiding all day long, so you're never not raiding.

Just a heads up, apparently there is a 7-hour maintenance on Monday. Great planning, Gumi/SE.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I usually come out of these raids with like 2 million raid medals(I babysit the raid all day, every day, during these raid weeks.. I'm currently hovering around Rank 400 and I plan to come in under 500 for the Vis reward at the end), so I think buying those threads is conceivable if you can put the time in. I'm not sure if you know but you can set a background farm to collect 20 raid encounters while you're working through the previous 20 raids. You need to spend 400+ energy to bank 20 encounters, you can chain the banking and the raiding all day long.

Just a heads up, apparently there is a 7-hour maintenance on Monday. Great planning, Gumi/SE.

2 million? Jesus, yeah I don't have anything even approaching that kind of time. I'll likely wind up with around 150k after running the level 100 one a bit more.

And yes, I use the background farming, but the issue is I just can't babysit the game like that.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Totally get that. I don't use my phone for work or anything like that so I can just have it on the side of my desk and tap stuff when I need to. It's absolutely mind-numbing and when raid week ends I feel such a sense of relief from the sweet release of its grasp. I'll reiterate that it's just awful "content" that exists to create FOMO.

Anyways, I hope you're able to get what you need the most out of it.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I assume you're top 500 with the top bonus and VC? I only have the little leela vc you get from the raid as bonus so I won't go as hard.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest point bonus comes from Ashen King, and for Dark Ifrit that's my only bonus(he's using two non-bonus VCs, the free Nier card and new Lucio's card). I'm getting 800-ish points per Dark Ifrit run, so it's more about frequency with those. Initially I was only doing Ashen King for the Tonberry fights as well, but I just spent some time stacking bonuses for a party for that and I'm getting around 6000 points for those fights. Ashen King, Lucio, Kitone, Jeume for units, and for cards I'm using "A Moment's Peace," "Secret Orders," and "Fleeting Tranquility." I didn't even think to plug in the new VC since it's not leveled yet but I should throw it in there anyways. I don't have Dark Titan.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
My biggest point bonus comes from Ashen King, and for Dark Ifrit that's my only bonus(he's using two non-bonus VCs, the free Nier card and new Lucio's card). I'm getting 800-ish points per Dark Ifrit run, so it's more about frequency with those. Initially I was only doing Ashen King for the Tonberry fights as well, but I just spent some time stacking bonuses for a party for that and I'm getting around 6000 points for those fights. Ashen King, Lucio, Kitone, Jeume for units, and for cards I'm using "A Moment's Peace," "Secret Orders," and "Fleeting Tranquility." I didn't even think to plug in the new VC since it's not leveled yet but I should throw it in there anyways. I don't have Dark Titan.

From reading it, it sounded like you only needed the VCs on your account and not equipped to get the bonus. Is that not true?

Launch

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to have the Earth Veritas in the barracks now.

But jeez... we really should have won guild battle last night..

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to have the Earth Veritas in the barracks now.

But jeez... we really should have won guild battle last night..

Our problem is the people who have seemingly stopped playing not only aren't going on offense every night, but also have defense teams that haven't been updated in a long while and are getting steamrolled every night, so most of our opponents are max-starring agaisnt us. And the people with good defense teams can only fend off so many opponent attempts.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If it was easier to switch between accounts I'd be tempted to roll a second account just for filling out the Guild Battle roster...On the other hand it takes forever to get a new account up to parity, so screw that...

As for the no-shows, it's not like we can afford to get rid of them or else we don't get the daily check-in Vis. Tough situation. I'm wondering if it'd be easier to recruit quality randoms if we had a different Guild name. Something a bit more flashy and Final Fantasy-ish. Then again I've no idea how Guild moderation works, if you can even change your Guild's name, etc.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I can go ahead and remove so there's no more issues. Yeah, some proxy play teams are really weak. I don't think some update their teams at all. As for renaming the guild, I can probably do that. But getting members this late seems tough. I tried quite a few methods… maybe someone should advertise us on Reddit or something?

It all depends if people are okay with a name change though. I think this game is kinda dying off though. I remember when we used to have 25+ members but only a small few even did the guild battles.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How much gas this game still has in the tank, I'm really not sure. Though I am usually pretty surprised at how many new players bombard the global questions section of the official discord with "what do I pick from starting banners" type questions. Not so much an indication of how much money the game is making, but there does seem to be new blood coming in still. I wish they'd do a serious FFXIV rerun with a couple paid units, Yoshi-P's gacha stance be damned - that would probably bring in a glut of new and returning players that might spend to establish a team with those banners.

I'm really curious how much "road to worldwide" hurt or helped their bottom line in the end. I've read speculation that a month between JP->Global to localize and record dialogue just ended up being too much to handle and that's a major reason why they're killing English voices.

As for changing the guild name, that's up to everyone, and I'm not even sure that would help recruit any dependably active players in the end. But I'd be willing to shoot some advertising around in the places I frequent if we wanted to do a serious recruiting effort, like the official discord and reddit. All that being said, I could understand if you think it's not really worth the effort at this point since the game might be starting to feel like a waning distraction to some, or that its prime is behind it. I have fun doing Arena and Guild Battle but I personally don't take ranking up super seriously, so it's not a huge deal to me either way.

edit: Global client livestream was tonight.. most info is already known but here are the producer gifts coming
SFJzN3q.png
zxBg5us.png

Also they confirmed we are getting a free 10x pull ticket for Cloud and Sephiroth upon unit release, just like JP did. Good luck!

Last edited:

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't really feel like it's dying? There seems to still be a pretty dedicated and active community for the game. The subreddit is still pretty lively. Still a bunch of active content creators which I never saw for games like Nier Reincarnation or Sinoalice. Just not as much interest on Era lately.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Era has never been good about anything related to mobile when it comes to gauging interest. That being said I have no idea how well the game is or isn't doing. It definitely doesn't seem dead and there's more interest than I saw when I played Opera Omnia or Record Keeper, but that's just what I personally see, no hard #s behind it.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
The game isn't really dying. They're just trying to save money to keep it going. At least until the FFT remaster comes out. 😉

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
How much gas this game still has in the tank, I'm really not sure. Though I am usually pretty surprised at how many new players bombard the global questions section of the official discord with "what do I pick from starting banners" type questions. Not so much an indication of how much money the game is making, but there does seem to be new blood coming in still. I wish they'd do a serious FFXIV rerun with a couple paid units, Yoshi-P's gacha stance be damned - that would probably bring in a glut of new and returning players that might spend to establish a team with those banners.

I'm really curious how much "road to worldwide" hurt or helped their bottom line in the end. I've read speculation that a month between JP->Global to localize and record dialogue just ended up being too much to handle and that's a major reason why they're killing English voices.

As for changing the guild name, that's up to everyone, and I'm not even sure that would help recruit any dependably active players in the end. But I'd be willing to shoot some advertising around in the places I frequent if we wanted to do a serious recruiting effort, like the official discord and reddit. All that being said, I could understand if you think it's not really worth the effort at this point since the game might be starting to feel like a waning distraction to some, or that its prime is behind it. I have fun doing Arena and Guild Battle but I personally don't take ranking up super seriously, so it's not a huge deal to me either way.

If you help with the recruiting and all then i'm so down. It will even help me gain the interest I need to continue playing this game. Ranking up isn't a huge deal to me but I also dont want the guild to lose constantly. My recommended name change would be Spira's Aeons. I'm an FFX geek so that's my suggestion... unless you have something better, xD. I would be willing to even make you lead the guild or someone else to better manage it or the other option is to promote you and someone else as sub leaders in the game. I think sub leaders have permission to play proxy battles and check defense teams and the like just like the leader. Era interest seems to have died out. I think we should change the guild name at this point for more chances at recruiting. I didn't mean to say the game is dying out literally. I just thought it isn't doing well because the removal of English voices which is coming up. FFBE itself may also die soon and I imagine they sacrificed a lot of that game to work on this one. I dont know how many years are left for WOTV but we can try making it more fun if people want more competitive battles.

It doesn't really feel like it's dying? There seems to still be a pretty dedicated and active community for the game. The subreddit is still pretty lively. Still a bunch of active content creators which I never saw for games like Nier Reincarnation or Sinoalice. Just not as much interest on Era lately.

I was recruiting on wotvwiki for months and I never got a single member to join the guild. I tried the world chat too.... it's a cesspool so I stopped recruiting there as well. It is quite literally full of trolls. If there's an active community on reddit... then I think that's our best shot.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you help with the recruiting and all then i'm so down. It will even help me gain the interest I need to continue playing this game. Ranking up isn't a huge deal to me but I also dont want the guild to lose constantly. My recommended name change would be Spira's Aeons. I'm an FFX geek so that's my suggestion... unless you have something better, xD. I would be willing to even make you lead the guild or someone else to better manage it or the other option is to promote you and someone else as sub leaders in the game. I think sub leaders have permission to play proxy battles and check defense teams and the like just like the leader. Era interest seems to have died out. I think we should change the guild name at this point for more chances at recruiting. I didn't mean to say the game is dying out literally. I just thought it isn't doing well because the removal of English voices which is coming up. FFBE itself may also die soon and I imagine they sacrificed a lot of that game to work on this one. I dont know how many years are left for WOTV but we can try making it more fun if people want more competitive battles.
I'm happy to help recruit! Especially if a more active and competitive guild would help everyone here feel more engaged with the game. I'd feel a little weird about being Leader seeing as how I'm still one of our newest players, so there would probably be others more appropriate to take up that mantle.. but I'd happily be one of the Sub Leaders if you wanted to hand out a couple of those. I don't think I've missed a Guild Battle since I first understood how it works so I'd help with proxies and such.

As for a new name, I know we also have a lot of IX fanatics in here so maybe a IX/X fusion name could be fun? Like... "Terran Anima", "Spiran Genomes", or.. "Blitz Waltz" is pretty cool sounding and looking. Otherwise for a purely X-based name I've always loved the Sphere Grid, so "Sphere Grid" is kind of simple and cool lol. We could hold a poll in here if people decide there's a couple candidates they like. I do quite like the word "Aeons" though(as far as FF summon monikers go), so I'm definitely not opposed to a name with that in there.

Dec 15, 2017
Germany
Maybe get a discord channel for your guild? We have 5 guilds of different strength on our discord server even though the really active ones on discord are just the 2 strongest basically and members can go to a stronger or weaker guild depending on how things are looking for them. A lot of the other top guilds get organized through discord or similar channels as well.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a genius idea, and honestly a necessity if we were to branch out beyond just Era members. Would be crucial for posting strategy and tips, helping guild mates(especially if they are newer players), and setting reminders for stuff like setting up Limited teams.

edit: speaking of which, Limited is coming up quick.. pretty sure the only limitations this time are certain elements.

Last edited:

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Yea I imagine at least a few people would be interested in joining a relatively chill Aries(?) tier guild. I know we struggle in guild battles sometimes but we are fairly well ranked for not being an outright beluga whale group. Era isn't the best place for gacha related stuff (completely fair but also not helping lol)

Launch

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down for a discord channel and a name change. I can also help recruit in the world chat and on the wotv reddit.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess you all want to stay together in your current guild instead of all joining an existing one?
Like, all of us joining another guild together? It'd be tempting, but as others have said we're actually pretty competitive as things stand, so it seems a little hasty when the alternative is to just work on what we already have going for us. We also have most of our statues leveled up pretty far, so it'd be a waste in more ways than one. Really appreciate the offer, though.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm happy to help recruit! Especially if a more active and competitive guild would help everyone here feel more engaged with the game. I'd feel a little weird about being Leader seeing as how I'm still one of our newest players, so there would probably be others more appropriate to take up that mantle.. but I'd happily be one of the Sub Leaders if you wanted to hand out a couple of those. I don't think I've missed a Guild Battle since I first understood how it works so I'd help with proxies and such.

As for a new name, I know we also have a lot of IX fanatics in here so maybe a IX/X fusion name could be fun? Like... "Terran Anima", "Spiran Genomes", or.. "Blitz Waltz" is pretty cool sounding and looking. Otherwise for a purely X-based name I've always loved the Sphere Grid, so "Sphere Grid" is kind of simple and cool lol. We could hold a poll in here if people decide there's a couple candidates they like. I do quite like the word "Aeons" though(as far as FF summon monikers go), so I'm definitely not opposed to a name with that in there.

Terran Anima sounds very good, imo. How do I create a poll in the thread?

I guess you all want to stay together in your current guild instead of all joining an existing one?

We have been a guild since the game launched so there's a lot we worked on already even if some people are new. Not looking to sacrifice all that really.

A discord is a good idea in general. We are casual with competition at best so if there's any others that play in the same way then it should be easy to recruit them.

Dec 15, 2017
Germany
I can ask if your guild can join a discord that already has several guilds, might be easier to get more members that way. Unless you rather want to try from scratch.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm.. unless you're able to edit the OT to have a poll(might need mod help for that?) you'd probably have to do an external poll on one of the many quick "make a poll" sites out there... no idea which is the best one to use these days, though.

I can help with making the discord server once we have a name, unless you'd like to do that!

edit: or we can do what Fuchiko just suggested, that might work out even better for us

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I wouldn't mind joining a Discord. I do agree I'd rather not give up our guild, but it might be possible to find more people for it in a place like that.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
I'd rather stick with the current guild tbh, less hoops to jump.
Sorry couldn't help more with promoting though, barely ever use discord and Era is the only social media I'm still somewhat active in.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
RNGesus blessed me today with probably the best luck I've ever had (and will ever have) in this game. Although tbh, my gacha luck for VII events in every gacha game I've played has been great. Must be due to stanning VII since 1997 lol.

Got the vision card on the first step, and picked up Cloud on the second pull with the paid ticket. Only ~1300 vis spent I think? Should have enough for Seph now, and I was planning on skipping him.

As for the guild, maybe we can join another guild group as an affiliate? That way we keep our guild, but join a group of others for sharing strats, or recruiting members, etc. Idk how often guilds do affiliates though, just something I've heard some content creators mention now and then.

Last edited: