• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-dc-hopes-land-a-punch-marvel-1058409

The November slugfest between Marvel Studios' Thor: Ragnarok and Warner Bros.' DC film Justice League is bigger than just the box office. It's a fight for comic supremacy.

On the Warners/DC side, the mood is about as jovial as a party thrown by the Joker. While Ragnarok is just the latest in a string of film hits for the Kevin Feige-led Marvel Studios, Warner Bros. is desperately hoping to continue the momentum from its first big success, this summer's Wonder Woman ($821 million worldwide).

"If a B character from Marvel shut downs and outperforms the A team from DC, that's an embarrassment," a Justice League source The Hollywood Reporter."It's going to be a stressful weekend for some [Warners] execs."
CGI me if old.

Last edited:

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
even as someone that likes MoS, WW and JL, they only have themselves to blame.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No shit. After that Thursday preview that was under Thor 3 (let alone BvS or Suicide Squad) the chances of it beating Thor 3 are effectively zero.

Heads are going to roll at WB over this films performance.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Hell, it'll get beat by Guardians 2 as well if that's the case.

If they do end this DCEU, I hope they keep Gadot on as WW for any future films.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that a Thor movie has a chance to outperform a Justice League movie is astounding. Tell that to anyone 15 years ago and they would laugh you out of the building.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Lol there was no chance of that happening. The new Thor smashed expectations critically and JL was about what everybody expected.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
It's not surprising at all. Ragnarok is in the top tier of MCU entries and DC has just one movie that comes close to that high end. People know what to expect from Justice League after Man of Steel and BvS. It was such a huge mistake to build a franchise out of Snyder's world.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Problem with DC is that they have no vision for the universe. They just try to play catch-up to marvel and it shows.

I saw it and i preferred BvS extended. But there are some good scenes in the movie. Its ok at best.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have the original source link to the Hollywood reporter article. Not saying it isn't true, but this is Comicbook.com. known for clickbait

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
No shit. After that Thursday preview that was under Thor 3 (let alone BvS or Suicide Squad) the chances of it beating Thor 3 are effectively zero.

Heads are going to roll at WB over this films performance.
Damn, even lower than SS? I thought Wonder Woman was gonna carry but I guess not. Time to hire Patty to direct JL2 so they can put "BY THE DIRECTOR OF WONDER WOMAN" in big ass font on the poster.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm really hoping that Thor massively outperforms JL, so that WB can end this shitty universe and reboot it with actual competent people heading it up(rather than Zack Snyder).

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's Thor and the Hulk.

I don't feel bad for Warner though. They have the stronger IP it was their battle to lose.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, even lower than SS? I thought Wonder Woman was gonna carry but I guess not. Time to hire Patty to direct JL2 so they can put "BY THE DIRECTOR OF WONDER WOMAN" in big ass font on the poster.
MUCH lower than SS.

SS had a Thurs total of 20 mil, this has 14. SS opened over 130 mil. This will be lucky to do 110 mil.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
How much you have to fuck up to say this?

You havelike 4 or 5 characters that sell movies on name alone

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Screw you WB. Seriously, screw you. You cut the movies, you messed up the scripts, you chose the wrong directors. You're responsible for all this damn mess.

Last edited:

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
It must suck that a Justice League film can't beat freakin Thor. Though I hope it does well, as I want a Teen Titans movie.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You know what? They fucking deserve it for putting Snyder at the helm of their cinematic universe.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Just waiting for the day when DC decides to sell to Disney too.

The world might literally explode then.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Should have done more world building. I'm nowhere near as excited for JL as I was for the first Avengers film.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
meanwhile at disney

4VaSu.gif

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It helps to have a platform to build upon to establish a character that can be popular with an audience. Marvel did this with Thor. Warner Bros. rushed their franchise to get to this point, despite the effort put forth with Wonder Woman (a welcomed effort at that, because that was an actual good superhero movie).

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
Can we get the hollywood reporter link in the OP if that is the original source? Thanks.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This year just proved the big gap between the MCU and DCEU. GOTG2 is considered the "worst" of the three, yet a vast majority will still easily prefer it to any DCEU movie maybe besides WW.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I actually hope that Thor wins so all of these incompetent executives finally face the consequences for ruining DC.