Oct 25, 2017
The damage is not too strong. As long as the foundation is strong, we can rebuild this cinematic universe. It will become a haven for all directors and storytellers of the universe.

*Justice League comes out*

Oof. Sorry.

Nov 13, 2017
It's time to bring out the big guns:

DAKXIIpUIAAbxT0.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought this would actually happen, but wow. Warner Bros really screwed the pooch on this one.

Rum Diet

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope WB ends DCU right after this and then hopefully Marvel starts going down as well. Tired of these boring comic book films.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Get the stress balls ready.

Honestly, I thought JL was passable. But it seems BvS hurt it's prospects. Crazy that films featuring a Batman vs Superman fight as well as the Justice League will not sniff a Billion.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be below Thor, and Spider-Man, maybe even Wonder Woman.
Hell, it's going to be a fight to beat GOTG 2.

Could anyone imagine 10 years ago being told a justice league movie would maybe not be the 3rd or 4th highest grossing super hero movie of the year....and lose to a movie about a talking racoon?

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me how the hell the DC verse is this bad? Like is it Snyder, studio executives putting in their 2 cents, crappy writers, or all of the above? I mean for fucks sake, they have great actors playing some of the most iconic superheroes ever. It should be the simplest thing in the world to make good to decent movies revolving these characters in this day and age.

Oct 27, 2017
Considering that i couldnt see Justice League last night because all my local showings were sold out, i think it will be fine.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Can someone explain to me how the hell the DC verse is this bad? Like is it Snyder, studio executives putting in their 2 cents, crappy writers, or all of the above? I mean for fucks sake, they have great actors playing some of the most iconic superheroes ever. It should be the simplest thing in the world to make good to decent movies revolving these characters in this day and age.
It's Snyder. They put up a director who is pathologically incapable of making a good or even comprehensible movie.

Oct 25, 2017
They need to reset everything and go back to the drawing board. That might not be the case but it feels like they're just randomly picking movies to make.

I know they have plans for other movies but if you ask me, Batman, Wonder Woman 2 and Aquaman since that one is already filming is the only movies they should keep.

Man of Steel wasn't a good movie but I felt they could build off that. Surprised it's somehow gotten worse than that. Still looking forward to Batman.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Woman did amazingly well months ago. What happened here?

There is a pattern if you look hard enough. WW was directed by Patty Jenkins, and all of the other ones were directed by Zack Snyder. JL had a bit of Whedon's hand in it, and it's very likely that had it remained all Snyder the end result might have been even worse than we got.

The solution is pretty clear: get rid of Snyder, and put someone with a better vision at the helm. The actors aren't the issue, the direction is.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

They rushed it because they wanted that Avengers money without putting in half the effort to build up to it.

Nov 1, 2017
Massive mismanagement at the executive level, a universe built around a hack director and an overzealous desire to try to beat a competitor that has been at this longer and with more success.

Oct 25, 2017

You need people who understand the material well to adapt it well. I'm not informed enough to make any specific accusations, but there does seem to be a lack of that understanding on some important level.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Hulk effect continuing to pay dividends!

But yeah, what a crazy time we live in where Thor is a bigger draw than the iconic Justice League.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now I don't like quoting gossips sites at all, as I think alot of it is BS, but someone posted this site the other day, and this popped up today. Take it with a major grain of salt.

Provided he can lose the weight and grow back his hair from his current role, this foreign born A list mostly movie actor is set to be offered the most money ever paid an actor for any role if he returns to the superhero franchise he walked away from. Other names might be thrown out there, but our actor is going to be offered $50M just to show up the first day of work and could stand to make another $100M if the movie does as well as would be expected. All of that for just one movie.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2017/11/blind-item-8_17.html

Obviously this is Christian Bale.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
I still can't believe that a Thor movie can performance better than a Justice League movie. That's insane