Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Try to imagine a decade ago saying Thor would rival Batman and Superman. It is crazy how much DC has derailed their big names.

If there is one bright star in this it is that Wonder Woman will get prominence.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why it needs to be "the end of the DC universe" if Thor beats it (which it probably will).

If it does bad, it's because of bad reviews, word of mouth, and people feeling burned out by previous movies. But just like Wonder Woman showed, if you make a good movie, that the general public enjoys, it will do well.

I don't really see the point of starting over from scratch, especially when people are saying they finally got Superman "right" in this one (CGI upper lip aside).

Real Hero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me how the hell the DC verse is this bad? Like is it Snyder, studio executives putting in their 2 cents, crappy writers, or all of the above? I mean for fucks sake, they have great actors playing some of the most iconic superheroes ever. It should be the simplest thing in the world to make good to decent movies revolving these characters in this day and age.
You are wrong making something good is hard and complex

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel has lapped them with what, 3 separate ensemble casts created from scratch, all with more interesting introductions, characters, chemistry and stories, and they can't even get one right with the most well known superheroes on the planet? There's one problem here and it ain't the properties.

Anas

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The fact that a Thor movie has a chance to outperform a Justice League movie is astounding. Tell that to anyone 15 years ago and they would laugh you out of the building.

Guardians of The Galaxy.. a bunch of unpopular superheroes were enough to outgross Superman's Man of Steel

If you tell that to anyone 15 years ago they would die laughing

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me how the hell the DC verse is this bad? Like is it Snyder, studio executives putting in their 2 cents, crappy writers, or all of the above? I mean for fucks sake, they have great actors playing some of the most iconic superheroes ever. It should be the simplest thing in the world to make good to decent movies revolving these characters in this day and age.

I can say the same thing about Sonic Team's games. How do you mishandle such a long-running and big name for so long so many times in a row

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Exclusive first poster of the next DCEU film:

latest

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Guardians of The Galaxy.. a bunch of unpopular superheroes were enough to outgross Superman's Man of Steel

If you tell that to anyone 15 years ago they would die laughing

"The guy from xXx and one of the theater people from Wet Hot American Summer are going to voice a talking tree and raccoon that have adventures in space with that professional wrestler Batista. It will make more money than Superman."

Oct 25, 2017
I've said this repeatedly since BvS came out but making their money back is not enough. This and BvS are poised to make less money then the last two solo Batman movies. You can't dump this much money, good will and franchise building into something that can't even match The Dark Knight Rises' box office.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Now I don't like quoting gossips sites at all, as I think alot of it is BS, but someone posted this site the other day, and this popped up today. Take it with a major grain of salt.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2017/11/blind-item-8_17.html

Obviously this is Christian Bale.
Bale's not coming back. He really doesn't strike me as an actor that works on projects for the money, and even less messing with the legacy he and Nolan built together.

I doubt WB is even offering anything, this is straight up BS.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Since when is Thor "B-list" tho?

I mean he's been A-list for marvel for a decade or two now.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Woman did amazingly well months ago. What happened here?
There is a pattern if you look hard enough. WW was directed by Patty Jenkins, and all of the other ones were directed by Zack Snyder. JL had a bit of Whedon's hand in it, and it's very likely that had it remained all Snyder the end result might have been even worse than we got.

The solution is pretty clear: get rid of Snyder, and put someone with a better vision at the helm. The actors aren't the issue, the direction is.
Ayer directed SS.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
This is an embarrassment, but it's 100% their fault. You can't out Marvel Marvel, and their stupid decisions about JL tone and length are gonna bite them in the ass.

Poor Zack.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This encapsulates the problems over at Warner/DC perfectly. They had the biggest superheroes so of course they expected to beat everyone else. Who cares about film quality, right? The fact that they STILL dont get that just brand name means fuck all is worrying.

HOW CAN THOR BEAT JUSTICE LEAGUE?

Well Marvel spent years and multiple movies building the world and the character. They took chances and gave it a director that you wouldn't normally pick for a super hero film. And all that love paid off because they hit it out of the park.

You on the other hand threw in every hero you could find and thought you could just bully your way to a franchise.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel just somehow makes it look so easy. But just getting films like this out the door is a Herculean task and DC/WB didn't take it seriously.
Aside from WW, they're basically making the same mistakes The Mummy and Dark Universe did, which is not wanting to do the groundwork that Marvel did to actually make their whole thing work

Marvel spent four years and five mostly separate movies establishing characters, where each movie aside from Iron Man 2 focused on the character and telling a concise contained story first and foremost. Look at how The Mummy spends like half of its movie setting up future movies more than it does caring about the actual threat and premise of its title, or the same concerns with Batman v Superman.

I'd argue that Man of Steel and Wonder Woman were pretty effective, but then Suicide Squad, BvS, and JL threw that whole thing out of whack, especially because they were trying to course-correct and build up to an Avengers-style movie at the same time

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's clear they're following in Marvel's footsteps while also rushing things for their cinematic universe. This leads to sloppy movies that try to appease everyone through sloppy editing after the production is over. Funny the only two movies that don't do this are their most critically acclaimed ones: MoS (which is fine at least compared to what we have now) and WW.

What Warner should be trying to do is set themselves apart from the Marvel formula of superhero movies like Fox is with a bunch of different genres of superhero movies than generic action featuring a god/alien that wants to rule the world. Even Marvel is experimenting with their generic formula and not playing it straight anymore (until Infinity War comes out). Their most successful movies as of late were about a weird space team featuring a tree and talking raccoon, a teenage hero stopping a guy who just wants to make money, and a comedy about gladiator fights and space epics. Compared what DC is doing to Marvel and Fox, and you can see how far behind DC is creatively. Even Wonder Woman had this problem, but at least it had the WWI period piece going for it and had a good lead in Wonder Woman.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who knew comedies could gross so much money

Kind of like how IT as a horror grossed so much money

Oct 25, 2017
Since when is Thor "B-list" tho?

I mean he's been A-list for marvel for a decade or two now.

A-list were Spiderman, Batman, Superman and the X-Men and maybe The Hulk, Cap and Wonder Woman.

The a-list stuff doesnt really work for the MCU since it couldnt use the x-men or Spiderman and it started off with Iron Man pretty much breaking the whole deal.