• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Today Variety.Com reported that the Company - Rooster Teeth, known for producing web based series has revealed its brand new Logo and Branding for the future:
Rooster-Teeth-New-Logos.jpg

In a statement by Matt Hullum who is the chief creative officer at Rooster Teeth. Probably we've been a little bit overdue for a fresh coat of paint because we've been so busy evolving and staying ahead of the internet and all its changes." The new Rooster Teeth branding is aimed at preserving the company's original spirit of playing around with friends, he said: "It's always been about fun." The new Rooster Teeth icon, a capital "R" stylized as a rooster's head, nods to the original logo. The vivid orange-red and electric-blue color scheme is intended to bring "new life and energy to the brand," with an updated look that "reflects Rooster Teeth's desire to stand out as opposed to blending in," according to the company.

The article goes into more detail which you can find here about the decision making process and the future of Rooster Teeth as a company:
variety.com

Rooster Teeth, on Eve of 20th Birthday, Unveils Rebranding With New Logos and Tagline (EXCLUSIVE)

Say goodbye to Rooster Teeth’s longstanding rebus-style logo of the rooster and the windup chattering teeth. The fandom and comedy entertainment company, a division of Warner Bros. Discovery,…

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Logo is fine but the colors....
this is actually painful to look at on my monitor brightness lol

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The old one is very cheesy, but this could also be a logo of like, a right wing news company, the R with a red flame... The blue on red logo type if rough.

Oct 27, 2017
That's... uh.
That sure is a logo.

I feel like they've got a lot more to worry about than logo design these days though. I don't know how things like Achievement Hunter are still going.

Oct 29, 2017
Man that is a logo that will be just absolutely eviscerated by jpeg compression.
Also… wasn't there articles like… last month about how Rooster Teeth is in massive financial trouble, and is dealing with lots of internal harassment/toxic workplace environments? This reeks of painting over the rot rather than addressing the issue

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
The rooster R is pretty clever, but looking at that hurts my eyes. Those shades of red and blue make for a poor combo.

Meeps

3D animator
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The red one is hurting my eyes on mobile. Glad that was reviewed.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Logo whatever, colors too much. Especially the freaking orange-red and blue combo.
cat-light.gif

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like a restaurant and holy fuck would someone get their designer to take a color theory class. That's genuinely an awful color combo and has gone through zero consideration for accessibility.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Logo looks ok to me, but the full name spelled out in that font is pretty bad. And yeah, the colors are hard to look at. Reminds me of a mid-tier-league football team or a Dave and Busters, neither of which I think they probably want to evoke.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone got paid thousands of dollars for this.

The logo is "okay" but the font part is an eyesore.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
this looks like something someone would kludge together for their flag in nationstates.net

Oct 29, 2017

dav

Oct 27, 2017
Logomark is fine/good but that red and blue are way too bright. Not enough contrast to be using them on top of each other like that either...

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Brand New Branding looks alright! Is it entertainment? I wouldn't have thunk! But hey, it beats the old one
rooster-teeth-layoffs.jpeg

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the most abrasive font/color choices I've seen on a brand in a long while.

Jera

Sep 19, 2022
you can rebrand all you want and diversify, but holy fuck.

Your name is literally a play on cockbite. That's the point.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this was talked about in the subreddit and it's nuts that an external company got paid for that.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
Man those colors are not pleasant. I was kind of hoping they'd just never rebrand because there was something comforting and classic about the previous logo. I think the Rooster R is decent but man I do not like those colors or that font choice. Also I miss the teeth.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Aside from the garish color combination, the logo itself looks more like something for a fast food restaurant or a service rather than an entertainment company/studio...

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
What's baffling is that the agency that worked on this actually does some pretty decent work. I somehow doubt that this will go on their frontpage.

www.guerillasuit.com

Guerilla Suit

A creative agency in Austin, Texas. We are a curious collective of designers, strategists, creatives, entrepreneurs and problem killers who do what it takes to develop and grow businesses today. From a simple name to a full spectrum launch strategy all the way to events and yes, best in class...