• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
new season of she ra was good.
I take some issues with some things, but this series has always struggled with character writing at times. They do a lot of things right, but also do a lot of things wrong.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize Infinity Train started so soon so I missed the first two episodes and unfortunately they are not airing today before the next two which I kind of thought would happen. So I will watch from episode 3 forward and catch up on the first two on Friday when they repeat.

has anyone watched Summer Camp Island? I have a second season of it on my DVR and I'm not sure if I want to bother catching up or delete the whole thing and free up some space.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize Infinity Train started so soon so I missed the first two episodes and unfortunately they are not airing today before the next two which I kind of thought would happen. So I will watch from episode 3 forward and catch up on the first two on Friday when they repeat.

has anyone watched Summer Camp Island? I have a second season of it on my DVR and I'm not sure if I want to bother catching up or delete the whole thing and free up some space.
I hear it's nice and adorable, but I haven't heard any other details.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I hear it's nice and adorable, but I haven't heard any other details.
Ah okay. I powered through the first season when it aired but it was literally an all day thing because the whole thing aired non-stop that day. I liked it and would agree its adorable but just not certain if it keeps up the quality on the second season. I might as well give it a couple episodes and decide if I'll continue. When I have that many episodes lined up on my DVR I'm just a little intimidated about bothering to start it.

I already have other animation series I want to start up or catch up on that evaded my DVR.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Summer Camp Island is like the comfiest slices of animation anyone can ask for. And yet occasionally harbors a dark side: Hedgehog's relationship with her mom, Oscar's utterly debilitating co-dependence on Hedgehog and that whole Susie/Ramona mystery. I binged "Season 2" over the last week and did not regret it.

tumblr_pumi4suIV61vdzpsoo1_540.png

dc27c78dd2b68ca0cc6074cd77de512fef3bc84a.png

LocalA

Oct 29, 2017
Ah okay. I powered through the first season when it aired but it was literally an all day thing because the whole thing aired non-stop that day. I liked it and would agree its adorable but just not certain if it keeps up the quality on the second season. I might as well give it a couple episodes and decide if I'll continue. When I have that many episodes lined up on my DVR I'm just a little intimidated about bothering to start it.

I already have other animation series I want to start up or catch up on that evaded my DVR.

I've started to watch the second season of Summer Camp Island, and nine episodes in, it retains the charm of the first season
for sure, plus there seems to be a little development to the storyline and character development to a degree.

I'm not sure if you'd really call it lore, but there was an episode in S2 that explained the reasons for the island's existence as well as some flashback moments in other episodes.

It's still a breezy, cute show with some pretty good jokes occasionally, so clearly it's not headed for some Adventure Time-style pivot but compared with how I binged the first season over that weekend last year, I found the second season has stuck with me a little more, whereas I liked the first season but couldn't recall a lot about it aside from some jokes and the general fluffiness of the content.

Also, I seem to recall this was billed originally as the back-half of S1 and was supposed to air last year? Since it was delayed it's just Season 2 now.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Summer Camp Island is like the comfiest slices of animation anyone can ask for. And yet occasionally harbors a dark side: Hedgehog's relationship with her mom, Oscar's utterly debilitating co-dependence on Hedgehog and that whole Susie/Ramona mystery. I binged "Season 2" over the last week and did not regret it.

tumblr_pumi4suIV61vdzpsoo1_540.png

dc27c78dd2b68ca0cc6074cd77de512fef3bc84a.png
I've started to watch the second season of Summer Camp Island, and nine episodes in, it retains the charm of the first season
for sure, plus there seems to be a little development to the storyline and character development to a degree.

I'm not sure if you'd really call it lore, but there was an episode in S2 that explained the reasons for the island's existence as well as some flashback moments in other episodes.

It's still a breezy, cute show with some pretty good jokes occasionally, so clearly it's not headed for some Adventure Time-style pivot but compared with how I binged the first season over that weekend last year, I found the second season has stuck with me a little more, whereas I liked the first season but couldn't recall a lot about it aside from some jokes and the general fluffiness of the content.
I'm very happy to hear this. Sounds like I can expect good stuff from the season. I'll try to watch it over this weekend or start it up before then.

That "about the author" is more dark than I'd expect from this show lol

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
Wait so Infinity Train season 1 started? I remember the pilot years ago.
Either I feel off my game letting shows slip my radar or is there no promo behind it?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Direct quote
What are you most excited for in OK K.O.! coming up? Obviously Sonic has happened, but what other fun stories can OK K.O.! fans look forward to?

Well now that we're through with Sonic, I'm really hoping that everybody binges, gets caught up, watches every week, and joins us for the series finale, which is gonna play later this year. It's the culmination of a lot of things that we've been working on, and it's just coming out to be a whole lot of fun. In OK K.O.! we do our big serious stories, but we always make sure that for every deep dark thing, there's like a million jokes to help you ride through. I hope everybody joins us for that.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Every now and then I check for information about Close Enough but looks like its still in limbo.

Wait so Infinity Train season 1 started? I remember the pilot years ago.
Either I feel off my game letting shows slip my radar or is there no promo behind it?
I only knew of it because I saw the promo when I watched OK KO from my DVR. By that point I missed the first two episodes. I don't recall seeing a ton of stuff showing it.

That is a little disappointing. I was hoping it would become a long standing series. It seems to have the ability to do that at least.

LocalA

Oct 29, 2017
Every now and then I check for information about Close Enough but looks like its still in limbo.

I only knew of it because I saw the promo when I watched OK KO from my DVR. By that point I missed the first two episodes. I don't recall seeing a ton of stuff showing it.

That is a little disappointing. I was hoping it would become a long standing series. It seems to have the ability to do that at least.

I've been trying to find any updates on Close Enough all year, from the last I heard there was a second season and both it and S1 are completed now?

It's odd there was no mention of it at this year or last year's SDCC after the trailer dropped two years ago, but I chalk it up to reorganization at Turner and since it sounds like TBS will eventually pivot towards more drama-oriented programming, I'm assuming if it does air there, it's going to be an arrangement like what they did with Final Space, where Adult Swim airs it first or concurrently with TBS, but who knows.

I'm sure it happens, it's just weird to let a show with (supposedly) two finished seasons sit on the shelf.

And that interview re: Sonic and OK KO was great - I still need to watch that crossover episode and catch up with what I missed in S2.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to find any updates on Close Enough all year, from the last I heard there was a second season and both it and S1 are completed now?

It's odd there was no mention of it at this year or last year's SDCC after the trailer dropped two years ago, but I chalk it up to reorganization at Turner and since it sounds like TBS will eventually pivot towards more drama-oriented programming, I'm assuming if it does air there, it's going to be an arrangement like what they did with Final Space, where Adult Swim airs it first or concurrently with TBS, but who knows.

I'm sure it happens, it's just weird to let a show with (supposedly) two finished seasons sit on the shelf.

And that interview re: Sonic and OK KO was great - I still need to watch that crossover episode and catch up with what I missed in S2.
Right! If they have multiple seasons then it would make sense to do the same thing they are doing now with Final Space or pass it to Adult Swim. At the very least, burn off the episodes quickly and be done with it if they don't want it. They already signed it to series so it would be odd if they didn't bother to use any of it.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Ian J.Q. is going to move on to another new cartoon...maybe he'll return to Steven Universe?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
So, apparently Powerpuff Girls (2016) is still getting new episodes and is over 130 at this point.

I heard so little from the show that I thought it was just canceled. I never see anyone talk about it.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Twelve Forever has a lot of baggage to overcome. the creator is toxic and has been dumped, the production studio shuttered, and Netflix doesn't have much faith in the series and what faith that is there is tainted due to the creator.
Can you go into more detail about this because I can't find anything about it, are you talking about Julia Vickerman?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
So, apparently Powerpuff Girls (2016) is still getting new episodes and is over 130 at this point.

I heard so little from the show that I thought it was just canceled. I never see anyone talk about it.
speaking of that mediocre show, what was even the point of giving them an older sister if she never shows up

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
good news, there won't be a rushed or abrupt ending

Geez, so it's really the end. I was wondering if the interview was a misquote where it was a season finale instead of a series finale.

I guess the show didn't have high enough ratings. But three seasons is a decent run. I suspect more people will come around to the show once it's over via streaming and word-of-mouth.

Still a shame though. I wonder if Ian will work on a new series or return to the new season/possible sequel series of Steven Universe.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The dialogue in that video could be seen as a spoiler.
In any case, more Infinity Train episodes coming later confirmed. I assume they will follow a different character.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if they're keeping Blue Sky, I'm hoping they use them for works that are more different than the usual Pixar and Disney fare.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Huh
The new Super Hero Girls episodes are interesting as they seem to chronologically take place before some of the previously released episodes.

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
Huh
The new Super Hero Girls episodes are interesting as they seem to chronologically take place before some of the previously released episodes.
Yep. For a long time I thought I had missed the episode where bumble bee got her new suit, i even wondered if it might have been one of the shorts, but no... they just release episodes at random i guess.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
in case you are a SU fan and aren't in the thread

aka if you care the spoilers will be in the wild for about a week before the movie airs to people not lucky enough to be in the LA area.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Care to elaborate more on your opinion? Was really curious about this movie. Happy to see that both Rocko and Zim got a good send-off.

The movie does a great job with not only recapturing the comedy beats of the original series (Gaz is still annoyed by Dib's buffoonery, Dib's father is oblivious, etc.), but it makes it a nice bookend that the show never received. Granted, this isn't the original planned series finale, but I understand they couldn't organically build up to it.

Without going into spoilers, they have taken inspiration from the comic book series and have soften Gaz enough so she (somewhat) doesn't come across as a bit fat jerk, and she did so much more during the span of the movie than what she accomplished in the original series. There were also several heartfelt moments sprinkled across the movie to balance out the lunacy and overtly long gags.

Such as the case of Gir's "Did we win? Did we win?! DID WE WIN?!?!?!?!" towards the end of the movie.

Oh, and one of my favourite production studios (Screen Novelties) had a hand with the film in a way I was not expecting. You'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I'm hoping Stactic Cling, Enter The Florpus, and the slew of original animated programing that Netflix has planned will lead to a revitalization of traditional animation.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
The movie does a great job with not only recapturing the comedy beats of the original series (Gaz is still annoyed by Dib's buffoonery, Dib's father is oblivious, etc.), but it makes it a nice bookend that the show never received. Granted, this isn't the original planned series finale, but I understand they couldn't organically build up to it.

Without going into spoilers, they have taken inspiration from the comic book series and have soften Gaz enough so she (somewhat) doesn't come across as a bit fat jerk, and she did so much more during the span of the movie than what she accomplished in the original series. There were also several heartfelt moments sprinkled across the movie to balance out the lunacy and overtly long gags.

Such as the case of Gir's "Did we win? Did we win?! DID WE WIN?!?!?!?!" towards the end of the movie.

Oh, and one of my favourite production studios (Screen Novelties) had a hand with the film in a way I was not expecting. You'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I'm hoping Stactic Cling, Enter The Florpus, and the slew of original animated programing that Netflix has planned will lead to a revitalization of traditional animation.
That's good to hear, now I'm really excited to see it.
I hope we continue to get new shows, i need to find something to fill the void that Ok K.O Series Finale will left on me :-\

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode of Twelve Forever and it didn't appeal to me. The dealing with growing up part wasn't handled in an interesting way and it otherwise felt like a bad ripoff of Adventure Time. Does it improve from there?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like The Proud Family is getting a second life.

An official announcement may be coming soon during D23.

Watched the first episode of Twelve Forever and it didn't appeal to me. The dealing with growing up part wasn't handled in an interesting way and it otherwise felt like a bad ripoff of Adventure Time. Does it improve from there?
Like you wouldn't believe. Binged the whole thing last week.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Is there a particular point where it gets better? I have very little interest in watching it right now.

While it didn't quite catch me in the first few episodes, it did snagged me in by the end. It's a situation where you have to watch and let it sink in.

For me, the show's biggest strength is how it tackles more mundane problems, such as Todd dealing with a very stressful home life as the rock of the family (Todd's older brother) is leaving for college and he has to fill that role. Reggie in particular is at that age of adolescence where she's self-assured and confident in herself, but she can come across as being equal parts selfish and aggressively stubborn in her ways. As Reggie's friends are growing up and maturing, she's stagnating when confronting with situations that comes from being a pre-teen. She's not sure what to do because she has no idea what it IS.

If the show gets a second season, there's a lot of content that warrants a continuation, such as Reggie slowly coming to terms with maturing and growing as an individual.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i didnt really dig 12 forever because it never felt like reggie was ever growing as a person from any of the episodes i watched

granted i watched like four but it just didnt grab me like it did with other people, maybe ill give it more of a shot later on but it just did not appeal to me personally which is a shame because i sensed promise in the pilot and the show has a very unique feel to it

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
Just watched the first minutes of the Invader Zim Special and WOW, the animation is incredibly good, like this isn't the level of quality i was expecting going in this movie.
Also i thought Justin Roiland appearing in Star Vs earlier this year was random enough, but now he even got a guest appearance in Zim lol

Deleted member 59

The entirety of Bob's Burgers has been added to Amazon Prime UK and Archer season 10 to Netflix. That's my animation sorted for the next few months!

Looking back over the past 5-10 years, i feel like I've missed so much. I've watched a lot of the biggies like Adventure Times, Gravity Falls, Regular Show, Rick and Morty, Archer etc as well as others (big mouth, Final Space) but I'm not sure what true 'gems' I've missed.

At the moment I've added Over The Garden Wall and Hilda to my Netflix queue but I'm not too sure where i should start after that. Steven Universe, Summer camp Island and Star vs The Forces of Evil seem like my best bets going forward.

Any big titles from the last 5 years you'd recommend?

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
The entirety of Bob's Burgers has been added to Amazon Prime UK and Archer season 10 to Netflix. That's my animation sorted for the next few months!

Looking back over the past 5-10 years, i feel like I've missed so much. I've watched a lot of the biggies like Adventure Times, Gravity Falls, Regular Show, Rick and Morty, Archer etc as well as others (big mouth, Final Space) but I'm not sure what true 'gems' I've missed.

At the moment I've added Over The Garden Wall and Hilda to my Netflix queue but I'm not too sure where i should start after that. Steven Universe, Summer camp Island and Star vs The Forces of Evil seem like my best bets going forward.

Any big titles from the last 5 years you'd recommend?
If we were strictly talking about shows of the second half of the 2010s, boy you basically missed a whole lot of cartoons, but as this decade was the big renascence of American cartoons and i can't remember for sure when each show aired, i will list everything notable that came from the 2010s.
Some of the highlights for me were:
Ok K.O (Wich will end this year), Season 5 of Samurai Jack, BallMastrz: 9009, 3 below, trollhunters, Bee and PuppyCat, Love death and robots, Buddy thunderstruck, Constantine: City of demons, F is for Family, Major Lazer, Mao Mao, Megaman Fully charged, Moonbeam City, Motorcity, She-ra, Star Wars rebels, Dragon Prince, Captain Underpants tv series, Victor and Valentino, Sonic Boom, We bare bears, Craig of the creek, the amazing world of gumball, Young Justice, Ducktales, the Looney Tunes show, Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated, Summer Camp Island, Clarence, Rocko static cling, Invader Zim Enter the florpus, The loud house, Harvey Beaks, Teenage Mutant ninja turtles 2012 (i would i also recommend watching rise of TMNT, it's a different show with an different vibe but really fun), legend of korra, Milo Murphy's Law, Flapjack, Tuca and Bertie, Bojack Horseman, Disenchantment, Spectular Spiderman, DC superhero girls, Ladybug, big hero six tv series, tangled tv series and Wonder over yonder.

Last edited: