• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I got prescribed hydrocodone last year, right after my wisdom teeth were removed. The pain wasn't annoying enough to justify taking them more than once, but when I did, I felt something. It was roughly a half hour of feeling like a happy child again. Warmth and good vibes.

I'd like to tell you I tossed the rest of the pills... didn't need them for their intended purpose, after all. I did not toss them. What followed was me finishing the entire bottle, within the next week or two. A pill once a day. I'd pop them in the morning with my coffee to get that fuzzy feeling of comfort again. I decided to do this because I'd been in a tough spot emotionally, and also figured it was no harm reaching the bottom of just this one bottle (I was not getting a refill).

No desire to do anything like that again, now that I've experienced it once. I'm thankful it showed me what others go through, however. Opiate addiction is no joke, and I can see why those in worse emotional situations than myself (with easier access to these pills) often travel that path.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I don't feel like Tylenol or whatever does anything at all to help minor pains like headaches. I almost never get headaches though. I'm never really in pain I guess in general.

Deleted member 15948

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get killer migraines, and for some reason ibuprofen is the only one one that has any effect on the pain at all.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Has to be Dilaudid in the hospital since it's intravenous and I don't put needles in my own arm.

After that Fentanyl but any opiate will do.

What I actually use though is Ibuprofen and weed since I have an opiate problem so it's better for me to avoid them. Have to be careful with Ibuprofen though, or any OTC that affects the thinness or thickness of blood.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Morphine when I had kidney stones. That's about it though pretty much everything else has fucked with me in some way whether it be nausea or really bad acid reflux.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Dilaudid is nice. I don't experience the "high" aspects of opioids like many do. They just cut down my chronic pain.