• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
qoKsWjE.png

Djokovic saving championship point at Wimbledon.

DEEEEEEE-LICIOUS

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKEW7cCxxjk
Zanardi pass on the "Corkscrew" at Laguna Seca on the last lap

This is a great pass... but he also puts all four wheels outside the line, and two wheels all the way into the dirt. I get that Indy plays fast and loose with track limits, but that's a little much.

For me, it's this overtime. I was lucky enough to be in the building for it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOz-spE1Hs8&t=527s

Adam Henrique with a beard had more than a passing resemblance to Gordon Freeman.

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DJYbEcHMXA4

2. Hold the Rope, a documentary on Skip Bertman's run as baseball coach at LSU and them winning 5 championships in 10 years. My love of baseball is because of those teams.

3. LSU vs Texas 2009 World Series highlights

4. Astros Dodgers Game 5 from the 2017 World Series. Springer hitting a homer so hard and far it explodes in pyrotechnics, Altuve crushing, Correa being clutch as all fuck, and my dude Alex bregman ending the game

5. LSU football 2007 highlights, Jacob Hester vs Florida, going 5-5 on fourth downs that game, td with 1 sec left to beat auburn, Chad Jones committing murder on Bamas qb at the end of the game, and lsu beating the innards out of Ohio state in the national championship in New Orleans.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I'm not even a fan of either team but I love this clip. Just a perfect example of why football is the best sport in the world.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TnKvlQ2h7s

Yep. Was going to say Watford against Leicester. Single greatest moment I've seen in the sport. Maybe all sports. Terrible penalty call, a miraculous penalty save, an immaculate counter, and a bullet of a goal to keep their promotion hopes alive. There's just nothing else out there that represents the lowest of lows and highest of highs in such rapid succession. Something like 28-3 is insanely awesome too, but the whiplash of this happening in 20 seconds was unbelievable.

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
Absolutely this. I was watching it live and had such a sinking feeling. We were down 1-2 at 90 minutes, knowing anything other than a win in the game against QPR (a team that we should have confidently been beating) would mean missing out on our first league win in 44 years to our local rivals Manchester United. United had finished their final game at the top of the league, there were split screens of United fans in the stands anxiously waiting to hear what was happening, and City score two goals in extra time. The incredible high of pulling it back from the brink combined with seeing the utter disappointment as United fans, convinced they're about to get their 20th league win, realise that City have won was like nothing else. I've been a City fan all my life, I watched them at Maine Road as a boy, saw them relegated down to Division 2, grew up dreading derby games and having United dominate for years, that moment was like a tidal wave of relief for me and an incredible moment in the sport. You couldn't have scripted it better. City would go on to dominate in the years to come, but until that moment it was still "typical City" and there was a real sense it just wasn't going to happen for us.

Here's a video of the last 10 minutes of the game, but I've skipped ahead to a minute or so before the goal for those who don't care about the buildup:

View: https://youtu.be/xOt9dmkydwM?t=470

That completed my first season as a City fan, and cemented it for life. The first City game, or Premier League game I ever watched was Aguero's debut that season. I've watched the 93:20 documentary so many times. It's more emotional for me now than it was then, because I am a true fan now versus then it was very casual.

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
My other one that I don't believe has been mentioned, was Appalachian State beating Michigan at Michigan. One of the greatest upsets ever.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I didnt have an answer until I saw this thread:

www.resetera.com

Will a NBA team ever come back from being down 3-0?

History had a chance to be made last night, and it didn’t happen. It’s only happened 4 teams in sports history. (My Flyers being one of them) I guess the sports gods just will not allow an NBA team to do it?

I legit started laughing reading that title. Also the Cavs coming back from 1-3 to win the title.

Oct 25, 2017
This was 2 weeks after I lost my mom to cancer and had zero expectations going into this game. Kudos to Klatt and Johnson for letting the moment play out. There was no commentary needed. Yeah, I cried like a baby because I just needed something good at that time and this was a long time coming.
www.youtube.com

Jim Harbaugh, Michigan fans celebrate on field after beating Ohio State in ‘The Game’ | CFB on FOX

Michigan Wolverines head coach Jim Harbaugh celebrates on the field of the Big House after finally getting a win against the Ohio State Buckeyes in “The Game...

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
cavs vs warriors 2016 game 7
One of the few games the whole family watched together with everyone rooting for different people. I was rooting for the Cavs, partially for Cleveland to finally win a title and for hoping someone would find an answer to Curry. My mom and siblings were more anti-Lebron than anything for leaving to Miami in the first place. My cousin was rooting for Curry as that was the latest player to bandwagon on. And my dad was just hoping to watch a good game... which it was.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
While I love the Woah! meme, I can't help but be sad by this play. State player got his leg snapped by his own teammates in celebration.

He actually dislocated and broke his hip on the tackle. You can see he kind of goes down awkwardly when crossing the goal line. Obviously, being piled on by teammates after that still would have been excruciatingly painful!. On the plus side, Jalen Watts-Jackson will never have to buy a drink in East Lansing ever again.

Watched that game with an especially annoying UM fan (and to be fair, some decent ones as well), so yeah, WOAH! will always be that forever moment for me.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
2022 World series

2022 ALDS vs Mariners

Both having Yordan Alvarez hitting 3 run homers to take the lead.

And the combined no hitter in the WS as well

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
San Jose Sharks vs Las Vegas Golden Knights in Game 7 of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Sharks were down 3-1 in the series, and then pushed back to win Game 5 and 6 to force a Game 7. In Game 7, they were down 3-0 with about 10 minutes left in the game when this happened and called by Randy Hahn:

www.youtube.com

EXTENDED POWER PLAY: Game-Changing Power Play SPARKS SHARKS EXPLOSIVE Comeback

A 5-minute Major Penalty from Cody Eakin to Joe Pavelski forces the Sharks to come out swimming for the Hungry Knights!! And they made them pay for what they...
Hell yes brother. Greatest game in SJ history.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I find it interesting that so many people will rewatch sports stuff. I typically only consume sports stuff live or ASAP if a DVR is available and time zones or other events prevented me from viewing it live.

Will occasionally watch stuff older than a few days, but almost always only if it's new to me.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"James catches, puts up a three… won't go! Rebound Bosh, back out to Allen, his three pointer… BANG!!! TIE GAME with five seconds to go!!!"

Yes I literally have the announcer's commentary memorized because god damn that was such an electric final 15 seconds of regulation in that game.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018

View: https://youtu.be/6cnGl0XRGGQ

The 2011 game 162 recap never gets old. I was traveling for work and watched the entire night unfold in my hotel room and was jumping up and down screaming.

The wildest day in the history of baseball, a fitting send off to the pre-"one game playoff" era. From 2012 on, all four of the impacted teams (BOS/TB and ATL/STL) would have known they'd play each other in an extra game, and that game 162 would have been almost irrelevant (winning would make it more likely they hosted that extra game).

Also, I think Joe Girardi left Proctor in too long intentionally once Baltimore tied it up, on the hopes that Baltimore would complete the comeback and the Yankees could indirectly eliminate Boston.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
As a non-American watching this it just looks like a pass to a touchdown, can you explain why this is iconic?
To sum it up, it was arguably the most pivotal/memorable play in that championship game (one of the best ever played) and it was a total gamble. They fuck that play up and they they get no points and the other team (the favored Patriots led by Tom Brady) gets the ball back. But they did succeed and the Eagles (Philadelphia's most beloved team) ultimately end up winning that game in the end to win their first Super Bowl after 52 years of waiting.

But that would still be selling it a bit short.

If you want further context on everything that went into it

View: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1618769002947383296?t=Dt-V5B1lwjfE0FheXB1zQg&s=19

youtu.be

Philly Special: The Story Behind the BOLDEST Trick Play in NFL History! | NFL Films

Philadelphia Eagles head coach, Doug Pederson, made a bold call on fourth and goal in Super Bowl 52, by going with "Philly Special". This is the story behind...

youtu.be

What is the Philly Special? – The greatest and gutsiest NFL play call ever

In today’s video, we are going to look at one of the greatest and gutsiest play calls of NFL history—the Philly Special. In Super Bowl 52, right before halft...

youtu.be

Super Bowl LII, Philly Special "You want Philly Philly?" Eagles vs Patriots

Hey guys this is a play from Super Bowl LII, the Philly Special. Nick Foles asked Doug Pederson "You want Philly Philly?" It was 4th down. Enjoy the video. #...

ftw.usatoday.com

The Philly Special is the play of the decade

Here’s why it wins.

Jun 8, 2020

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e0rIiASFq4

I remember the pride and joy I felt that day and no sports moment has ever come close for me since then. We watched the game at the Skydome on the big screen, then we partied all night in downtown Toronto. So much fun. I watch the full game again every few years.

Same Same.
I'd only argue Grosso's 118 minute goal (Pirlo's pass) Italy-Germany in the semi is slightly more hype. I watch that goal 3x a year i think.

Aug 7, 2020
As a non-American watching this it just looks like a pass to a touchdown, can you explain why this is iconic?
It's a mix of timing, risk, and the absurdity of the play itself. The Eagles could've taken the safe route and settled for a 3 point field goal, so by going for an extra play on fourth down they risk failing and shifting all the momentum towards the Patriots before halftime. (There's other examples of teams blowing it at the goal line before halftime and losing momentum, like this).

The play itself is a trick play. The quarterback Foles yells "kill" while walking off as if he's changing the play, and ends up catching the ball wide open in the end zone. The defense was caught off guard when the ball was snapped and nobody thought to cover Foles on the play.

There's very few instances of position players throwing touchdowns in the Super Bowl - this is the only instance of a quarterback catching a touchdown in the Super Bowl, which is an absurd occurence even without the high stakes.