• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This was an amazing episode. Much better than the last few.

I knew they wouldn't keep the Barren for more than an episode, the makeup is too expensive.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Surprised they killed the Barren so quickly. I guess they're building up his "Familiar" to be something big. How many episodes were ordered this season? 10 or 12? I just know I need more!

Mark Proksch is really great as himself in the 'On Cinema at the Cinema' web series.

You mean that wasn't W.C. Fields?

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Binged every episode so far today, fantastic show. Gotta say, after V:TMB 2's announcement I was really craving some Vampire related media and this is really hitting the spot.

Apr 8, 2018
Just read about the second season renewal. Fantastic news! I was a little worried it wasn't going to get renewed tbh.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this episode was amazing! They got so many different actors to reprise their famous vampire roles. I was fucking dying at Wesley fucking Snipes as Blade! Danny Trejo's reaction was great.

Tilda Swinton: "Hey he is a half vampire. His opinion still counts."
Danny Trejo: "Yeah well I'm only listening to half his opinion."

Edit: Collin Robinson also remains the best character

Last edited:

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
That episode was incredible. Honestly one of the coolest things I've watched in awhile. The cameos were great but the episode still maintained a lot of humor (LED lamps in the basement, Guillermo as lunch, the Baron's familiar speaking, ravens, baby vampire, etc.)

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I really need to not come into this thread until seeing the episode. Doesn't matter though, I know it'll surprise me enough when I do!

Oct 26, 2017
Another good episode.

I wonder what the series will do with Guillermo. And the girl that was turned into a vampire some episodes ago surely will have to reappear again.

DirtyManos

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god that episode was amazing.

Bautista was great as the guy accused as turning a baby into a vampire (my fav joke of the episode).

The council was glorious, loved that they used their real first names.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Nandor came through for Guillermo and didn't let him get eaten, even though I don't see him turning him anytime soon.

The baby vampire bit was funny, although it would really suck being stuck that way for eternity.

Great guest-stars throughout.

Colin shaking the shoe box and calling it a vampire roller-coaster was the best.

Oct 26, 2017
A motherfucking Theremin for Barren's funeral

f5kSz6w.png

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, this is a TV show now? I watched the film about a month ago randomly and Only just saw this. Do any of the film cast have a role in this in any way? I see the main cast seem to be different.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I love that it's implied all the famous vampires of cinema actually exist. I'd love to see an episode where Blade tries to kill Nandor and crew.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hm, reading through the comments here tells me I need to use today to watch the two episodes I have remaining.
So far it's been great, but seems the best is yet to come.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, this is a TV show now? I watched the film about a month ago randomly and Only just saw this. Do any of the film cast have a role in this in any way? I see the main cast seem to be different.
The main cast *are* different. But Taika and Jemaine both write and direct on a number of episodes, if not all of them.

That's all you need to know. Well, that, and so far I legit think it's better than the movie.

Fxp

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain all the cameos from latest episode? Not sure I got all of them :)

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
The main cast *are* different. But Taika and Jemaine both write and direct on a number of episodes, if not all of them.

That's all you need to know. Well, that, and so far I legit think it's better than the movie.

Only Jemaine is doing the writing, and Taika only directed the 1st episode , while both serve as producers. But yes, the show is amazing.

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I was so happy when I saw Viago, Deacon and Vladimir among the dancers, and I haven't stoped smiling from that point through all the episode. The other cameos were cool, too.

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain all the cameos from latest episode? Not sure I got all of them :)
• Tilda Swinton (Only Lovers Left Alive)
• Danny Trejo (From Dusk Till Dawn)
• Paul Reubens (the Buffy the Vampire Slayermovie)
• Evan Rachel Wood (True Blood)
• Wesley Snipes (the Blade movies), via Skype
• Clement, Waititi, and Jonny Brugh (the What We Do in the Shadows movie)

"Kiefer" (Sutherland, of The Lost Boys),
"Tom and Brad" (Cruise and Pitt, of Interview With the Vampire),
and "Rob" (Pattinson, of you know)

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
The most jarring thing was realizing I actually like the TV cast more than the movie cast now. Like much more.

Did the Barren's eyes light up during the blood scene? Is he still undead?