entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Save up more cash reserves?

Pay down debt?

Save up for a homedownpayment?

Save up for big expense such as car, ,education, dream vacation (LOL), home remodel, mega expensive hobby (wine collecting, sailing, etc)

Increase retirement savings?

Increase income via job, career growth, side hustles, etc?

I have a 3 month cushion but COVID19 made me realize how fragile it is. I know some folks with a year of cash reserves. I can't swing that short term, but will slowly boost it over the next few years to 6, then 9, then eventually a year.

No plans for homeownership as I live in a market that makes more sense to rent.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I would like to retire in my early 50s so maxing that as much as possible. Also trying to pay down my house.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I would like my next move to not be a rental, but to be something that I buy. I think i'm at a job now that I would like to stay at for the long haul, so actually putting down some roots would be nice

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately just staying cash positive at this point. In addition to my own expenses, I'll need to dip into savings soon to help put my sister through university and help my mom pay her bills.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'd really like to pay off my mortgage in the next ~8 years. It's a huge stretch, and I'm not good at giving up on fun things (I need a new iPhone and PlayStation, of course), but maybe there's a path?

Feel like if my mortgage was paid off and all I ever had to pay was yearly property tax, I'd feel so much more empowered to say "fuck you" at work and in my career/life.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly retire in 15 years. Probably still have at least a part time job each just to avoid boredom but not ever worry about being able to go on vacation when we want.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
To get off hourly and get on salary with this organization would be a start

From there, Just doing what i can to have it keep going up. As long as i can pay rent, Feed myself, and cover the few bills ill have, im good.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
See if I can live 4 more years with my parents before my RothIRA can kick in and buy me a home... Hopefully I have a place in mind I want to live by then...

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Not work another day in my life.

I've already been "retired" for ~5 years (since 35) and have paid off my house.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Buy a house. Cost of living in the area isn't crazy expensive, hopefully within the next five years.

kelik

Oct 27, 2017
Save up emergency fund to cover 6 months. Then save up for wedding in 2022 <_<

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
My dog needs neutered, a tooth pulled and vaccinations, besides rent and other bills that's the main thing. I couldn't live without him so I don't mind that it'll be expensive

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Savings, savings, and savings. No idea what will happen to my employment and the economy at large in the next six months.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Be debt free...refinancing our house right now and looks like we will be able to get 15 years at 2.75% and enough cash out to pay off all our credit card debt (had unexpected health and other issues in the past decade)...so hoping it all goes through and we can start being in more saving mode rather than paying off mode...

Nov 5, 2017
Finish paying off my student loans. This upcoming summer, I can apply for the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. With the amount they give out to a teacher with my qualifications, it would wipe out the rest of what I owe. It would be simply marvelous.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Make enough money to pay for $70 standard edition next gen video games and still be able to eat.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
Short term - Pay for LG CX and PS5.

Mid-term - Buy a 90's BMW as a project car.

Long-term - Nothing really, have enough money to be able to buy a better apartment, and have a nice cash cushion in the bank.

Jul 24, 2020
Any food pantries in your area? Are you on SNAP? The US has terrible safety nets, but don't starve, my friend.

Nah I'm in Australia. We still have been given some extra cash given every fortnight for COVID and it still isnt enough I'm finding and that'll last just till December...

To be honest, money isn't really a problem in the absolute sense though. I can make money with my skill-set. I just despise working for money-men (but starting my own thing takes quite a long time) and also working for below what I'm worth.

But ... its looking more and more like I have to compromise with this time-frame and considering how I'm already struggling.

Deleted member 59

Buy a house, which should happen in the next few weeks.

Been difficult with covid and mortgage lenders here in the UK not wanting to lend, but nearly there now. Just waiting to exchange contracts and agree on completion date.

After that, maybe learn to drive and invest in my pension.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get my cash savings to the 6 digits. I have zero debt. Only the car I guess. We are DINKs at our 31 so we are doing pretty good at the moment. Both work from home so we only have one car. My 401k is also a goal and I am already up to 9% per check. Trying to push for 12.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel weird not owning a house when our financials are in really good shape but the market here is nutso.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopes of having enough $ to do anything large died about 3 years ago. Now Im struggling just to make ends meet.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
Short term goal is saving for a big trip to Canada. We had planned on going this year but with COVID that wasn't an option, I think now it will be 2022. I actually checked airplane ticket prices today and the prices are about €1600 cheaper now than when I last checked. I'm sure it won't be like that when I'm actually booking.

Long-term, to retire at 60.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
I just want to live a little more comfortably. Put away a bit more, have a bit more disposable. I switched jobs a little while ago and make a little more money, so now it's just figuring out my budget once things settle down and hopefully I can breathe a little easier.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really have one. Used to be paying off my mortgage but that's already done. Once my car's paid off early next year I'll be debt free.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I want to be able to buy a house, which is pretty unattainable if I continue living in the bay area. If I continue living here then it's pretty hard to set goals. I make more than enough to survive, but basically anything else is out of reach.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
Right now I'm biding my time a little bit and trying to decide if my company is going to stay as busy as it has, but my main goal is to give myself a set salary instead of just taking out enough to pay the bills and buy groceries. After that I'm shooting for health insurance and then paying down credit cards.

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC
affording a new video card. 3080 hopefully.

Also, should probably try to own a home at some point too I guess.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just started a new job after not having one for about a year (getting Master's degree on scholarship). Goal is to pay off the remainder of my undergrad student loans by the end of the year (about $10k left) by putting most of my salary for the rest of the year toward it.