MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Saving up for a house in the DC/Northern Virginia area. Realistically I'm aiming for a 8-10% down payment

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Wanna buy a house in a few years, saving up so I can put up a big down payment. Housing prices are ridic in the Boston area

Same here, Leeds UK. Only have 8 grand saved so far and I'm struggling to keep myself from spending what I would save on records each week because I NEED A TREAT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ANYMORE.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Solid. Your plan sounds great.

How long do you think you have until you pay down your debts?
About 3 years on my student loans if I stick to the payment schedule. I've kept paying them this year despite the COVID forbearance, which is nice because it's all been going to principal. I also occasionally kick more towards it when I have some kind of windfall, like tax return or an extra pay period for the month. Once those are paid off, I'll probably increase my auto loan payments (about 5 years left) and my savings/retirement contribution, and keep a little extra into my discretionary spending.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I wanna pay off my mortgage as soon as possible.

I'm in a good spot with my savings and retirement, so rather than continuing to put the extra money there, I'd rather start cutting into my mortgage since the interest will save me money in the long run (I'm still adding money to my retirement and savings, though)

Only 28k left, which is... a lot, but I should be able to do it in a few years

Last edited:

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 34 and my wife is 32. Our current goal is to completely pay off our Townhouse by end of next year. Got about $91,050 or so left. So, we will try to put everything we have towards that goal. I very much think we can do it.

If we can do that, that will free up about $6,000 per year that we don't need to keep paying out to the mortgage. That be great when it comes to trying to do nice vacations, but even more important will be huge when we eventually start trying to have kids.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I need to find 200k extra to fund house renovations thanks to all the covid delays causing prices for materials and trades to skyrocket. lol

Help.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
Put the kid thru college and retire into a lifestyle where I can travel a lot of cool places (that have excellent wifi so that I can game on fastest laptop money can buy).

I'd like to be the first live game streamer from either the South Pole or Mt. Everest's summit.

I'm a simple man.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
Over the next six months I want to get my personal debt paid off.

Over the next three I was to pay off my home.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Pay off my credit card debit
Pay off my car
Pay off my Student Loans
Save enough money to put down for a house

The first two are easy as long as I watch spending, I'll probably be saddled with my student loans for years, if not decades to come. Downpayment on a house comes after the car and credit debt is cleared.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Being able to pay rent this month so I don't get evicted 🤷‍♂️

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
max both 401k and roth next year for the first time ever hopefully (35 so better late than never i guess)

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting ready to sell my house, (I'm moving to another one next week) which means I need to hire a bunch of people to fix it up. Painters, people to refinish the floor, a roofer, and someone to just give the whole thing a deep clean before I put it on the market.