shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Between smoking and a freeway - I'll let you decide which of the two produces more smoke and which is the ultimate "fuck you" to humanity.
cool so I'll do both then

Lol read the posts before and after yours. Every thread that mentions smoking turns into a smoker bashing thread.
smoking is objectively dumb and it's foolish to act as if you are beyond criticism or pity for doing a dumb thing, addiction aside

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
look at some of the other posts lol. This is Era, if you smoke you have 0 redeeming qualities and are quite literally the worst thing that's ever happened to society.

Lol read the posts before and after yours. Every thread that mentions smoking turns into a smoker bashing thread.
You know, maybe just maybe if most of them weren't inconsiderate as fuck.. But we're being the bad guys here.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Era is fucking fascinating when it comes to this topic. Go into practically an other thread about drugs and healthcare and you see people almost unanimously agree that drug addiction should be treated as a medical issue.

Not nicotine addiction though! If you smoke then you obviously don't give a shit about yourself or other people, you're practically evil personified. Clearly the only reason people smoke is to piss off non smokers and not because they have an actual addiction that many people find extremely hard to over come. It's 100% impossible to be addicted to nicotine and still be a decent human being according to Era, unlike every other drug where addiction is rightfully treated as a medical issue.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Era is fucking fascinating when it comes to this topic. Go into practically an other thread about drugs and healthcare and you see people almost unanimously agree that drug addiction should be treated as a medical issue.

Not nicotine addiction though! If you smoke then you obviously don't give a shit about yourself or other people, you're practically evil personified. Clearly the only reason people smoke is to piss off non smokers and not because they have an actual addiction that many people find extremely hard to over come. It's 100% impossible to be addicted to nicotine and still be a decent human being according to Era, unlike every other drug where addiction is rightfully treated as a medical issue.
Call me when a heroin addict accidentally stabs you with his needle when you're waiting for your bus

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

You can't get second hand opioids.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land

Because it's easy and socially acceptable to do so.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
You know, maybe just maybe if most of them weren't inconsiderate as fuck.. But we're being the bad guys here.
Fuck off? Way to generalize every smoker. I'm actually a very considerate person in all my daily activities. When I smoke it's either in my car while parked in away from most other cars, or far away from everyone in my work parking lot. I always throw my butts away. I even carry an empty Altoids container for stowing butts away to be thrown away later.

Every ERA thread about smokers reminds me of this South Park episode..

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
Have I ever blew smoke in your face? If not I don't see why "all smokers" is a thing. It's a pretty appalling generalisation.

Oh please, you sound like the people defending police, "No really it's only a few bad apples!" Uh, yeah no shit. I think people have the capacity to understand that not every x is doing y.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#notallsmokers

Nah. It's a pretty fair assessment.

No, it absolutely isn't lol.

Oh please, you sound like the people defending police, "No really it's only a few bad apples!" Uh, yeah no shit. I think people have the capacity to understand that not every x is doing y.

Looking at the posts in this thread I don't think they do. I would have absolutely no issues with people saying "Some smokers are inconsiderate assholes" but that's not what's happening in this thread or any other thread where smoking gets brought up. According to Era, if you smoke you're an asshole. Like the guy a few posts below who thinks "just stop" is the answer to nicotine addiction.

Hassel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vaping and smoking are the best ways to identify an asshole. If you do either, just stop

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off? Way to generalize every smoker. I'm actually a very considerate person in all my daily activities. When I smoke it's either in my car while parked in away from most other cars, or far away from everyone in my work parking lot. I always throw my butts away. I even carry an empty Altoids container for stowing butts away to be thrown away later.

Every ERA thread about smokers reminds me of this South Park episode..

We have someone who does this at our office and he reeks when he comes back in. You can smell his car when you walk by even when he's not in it.

Sherlocked

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That is really a pretty bad habit that people are that lazy that they throw trash at the streets they are walking on. It is really disgusting and I actually confront people doing that on train stations and so on.

Ryu_Ken

Oct 30, 2017
Because they don't give a shit. This applies to everyone who throws shit out of their cars and IME that is a large percentage of people.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
They don't care. It's as simple as that. They don't want them in their vehicle, and think that nobody will mind and it won't hurt anything. Or they don't care if anybody minds.

It was a learned practice and habit for so many years and still is to a degree. People used to always throw cigarettes out their windows.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Because they don't care .

The dipshits in the apartment above me keep dropping their cigarettes off the balcony onto my patio.

It's freaking gross.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Because they don't give a shit, just like they don't care about their own own health.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
There are very few things people get holier than thou about than smoking. It's absurd considering the multitude of fucked up things that we all accept in our daily lives every day that affect our health, environment, etc.

The good part about it though is that it likely does help prevent people from smoking.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Era hates cigarette smoking because it's something poor people do to relax when everyone knows they could just do tantric yoga or spend $60 on a new video game.

TheWraith

Oct 28, 2017

This has got to be the best one. If you'd be a "very considerate person", you wouldn't smoke, end of story.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Why do smokers think it's okay to throw their butts on the street in front of our building, resulting in us getting fines for not having a clean street? Cause they're selfish assholes who think it's a victimless crime.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People literally just empty their cars shit out all over the street. I don't really care about the cig butts.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
This has got to be the best one. If you'd be a "very considerate person", you wouldn't smoke, end of story.

Me reading this thread in a country that doesn't give a shit if you smoke or not:

Elaine-Benes-and-Jerry-Seinfeld-Sitting-on-Couch-Smoking-Cigars.gif

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Because assholes do asshole things.

It's not really a smoker thing though, I usually keep a Coke can or similar in my car to use as an ashtray(since my car doesn't have an actual ash tray). If people cared just enough to have a little foresight they could do the same, instead of being jerks and throwing them out the window.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Is it okay to ask the same about dog owners who literally let their shit stay on a public street?

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
My wife orders bacon egg and cheese biscuits at McDonald's but doesn't like eggs, so she always just flings the egg out of her car window and it drives me crazy. At least it's biodegradable, but still...

nded

Nov 14, 2017
People are lazy assholes in general and smokers are no exception, though they are amusingly defensive about it.