Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say how amazing Sheeva looks in MK11. I can't wait for her to become playable asuming the DLC datamine turns out to be accurate.

2019.04.20-01.26-boundingintocomics-5cbb1e092e7cb.jpg

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Syldat needs to learn that insulting people for disagreeing with them is not the right way of talking to people. That said, this is a friendly reminder that Syldat is intersex and does not like being called by traditional gender pronouns.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I just want to say how amazing Sheeva looks in MK11. I can't wait for her to become playable asuming the DLC datamine turns out to be accurate.

YISS!

I was shocked by how good (and how short) Sheeva looked! Best design! Gonna put some time in with her when she comes out.

Oct 27, 2017

It was really cool how they turned a character I hated into something that is great. She had one of the worst outfits in a fighter. Same goes to how bad she looked in general.

This however has tons of personality instead of "female Goro".

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, have you seen the new character in Persona Royal?

Yikes. Another strike for Atlus.
That's even worse than Phantom Thief Anne.
What bugs me is that I can't even tell the thief motive here. Like even with Ann, all characters are based off of either styles of thievery or certain characters. Here...it just looks like a mess that doesn't have a direct parallel to anyone. It's a leotard and a coat that turns to frills?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What bugs me is that I can't even tell the thief motive here. Like even with Ann, all characters are based off of either styles of thievery or certain characters. Here...it just looks like a mess that doesn't have a direct parallel to anyone. It's a leotard and a coat that turns to frills?
I think she's meant to look like a magician's assistant.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Even worse:
-New party character Kasumi Yoshizawa, 1st grade high schooler who moved to Shujin the same time as protag

So, she is even younger than Joker, Anne and Ryuji.

Yeah, this is terrible.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even worse:
-New party character Kasumi Yoshizawa, 1st grade high schooler who moved to Shujin the same time as protag

So, she is even younger than Joker, Anne and Ryuji.

Yeah, this is terrible.

Yeah, given that she's the second youngest cast member the fact that she also gets a skivvy outfit bugs me.

Oct 27, 2017

Looking at the Catherine situation this doesn't suprise me. She is supposedly the opposite of Joker in the design so what they hell is exposed thighs and high heels doing here?

I want to say disapointing but after all the shit Atlus did I can't say I am disapointed. Not sure what the right word for this is. Just ugh.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
It's sad how much potential some of these games have, both in terms of gameplay and storytelling, but they always throw it under the bus with skeeviness and poor writing.

What I'd give for a Persona or Atelier game that isn't made by pervs.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to lie, i'm buying and playing this anyway but that costume is....not good. I like the coat and the mask but that's about it.

She is meant to be a gymnast or dancer of something so they mixed ballet shoes with...high heels? like what?

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Not going to lie, i'm buying and playing this anyway but that costume is....not good. I like the coat and the mask but that's about it.

She is meant to be a gymnast or dancer of something so they mixed ballet shoes with...high heels? like what?

You never heard of the long lost practice of Japanese high heels gymnastic?

But seriously, yeah it's bad. But very consistent with what Atlus is usually doing, so I'm not really surprised...

They will begin to take notice of the criticisms when their western sales get lower because of things like that, but I don't think it will happen with this title, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017

It's triggering me, and it takes alot to annoy me when it comes to outfits for women in games. But holy fuck, they basically said, she will look like the MC, just with no pants.

I mean...SMT IV: Apocalypse had some of the less popular Persona stuff added in. Also SMT is full of weird things they have against female protagonists.

SMT is weird. Chiaki is def the best girl. Isabeau, was a none character in 4, but got better in apocalypse. Nozomi, was great in both. ....Asahi was something.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's triggering me, and it takes alot to annoy me when it comes to outfits for women in games. But holy fuck, they basically said, she will look like the MC, just with no pants.

SMT is weird. Chiaki is def the best girl. Isabeau, was a none character in 4, but got better in apocalypse. Nozomi, was great in both. ....Asahi was something.

I and II definitely has some skeevy shit in it.
I's female protagonist: I have been training for this all my life but because "PROPHECY" I will reliquinsh all my control and power to this high school kid who just found out demons existed about 2 hours ago
II's female protagonist: I fall in love with my own son.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I and II definitely has some skeevy shit in it.
I's female protagonist: I have been training for this all my life but because "PROPHECY" I will reliquinsh all my control and power to this high school kid who just found out demons existed about 2 hours ago
II's female protagonist: I fall in love with my own son.
Can't remember 1 or 2. They were a blur to me, I don't think I finished the first game, pretty sure i beat the 2nd. Atlus is weird, they can make some games that treat women well, then do some stupid shit later.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I mean...SMT IV: Apocalypse had some of the less popular Persona stuff added in. Also SMT is full of weird things they have against female protagonists.
SMT is more than Apocalypse. The post I was replying to was about "skeeviness and poor writing" anyway (and probably character design considering where it came from).
I'm not sure which weird things you're talking about though (outside of a bit in Apocalypse). There's no female protagonists anyway.

edit:
SMT is a very different game to Persona, though?
In which way? Your post was about gameplay, which Persona pretty much copied, and since your post had both Persona and Atelier in the same sentence, I'm not sure what you were looking for (since those two games are really not similar outside of being JRPGs with young protagonists, like SMT).

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It's sad how much potential some of these games have, both in terms of gameplay and storytelling, but they always throw it under the bus with skeeviness and poor writing.

What I'd give for a Persona or Atelier game that isn't made by pervs.
Aren't previous atelier games good on that regard though? I remember ayesha barely having perv stuff then coming back to see firis release and ignoring the series exists ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Five billion hours in photoshop.
I gave her a bit longer jacket and pants, since it looked ridiculous.

royal1-c1-img2-e3b3733557b1d6a686f3b6e92c45dfea.png

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Aren't previous atelier games good though on that regard though? I remember ayesha barely having perv stuff then coming back to see firis release and ignoring the series exists ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hadn't touched the series since the PS2 games, until recently starting Rorona, and there's just this juvenile undercurrent of perversion that's extremely off-putting. Like, the game can't go a single cutscene without some kind of molestation gag?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I hadn't touched the series since the PS2 games, until recently starting Rorona, and there's just this juvenile undercurrent of perversion that's extremely off-putting. Like, the game can't go a single cutscene without some kind of molestation gag?
Yikes, i didnt know that, ayesha was pretty ok aside from some dialogue so i thought they'd be mostly safe

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
SMT is more than Apocalypse. The post I was replying to was about "skeeviness and poor writing" anyway (and probably character design considering where it came from).
I'm not sure which weird things you're talking about though (outside of a bit in Apocalypse). There's no female protagonists anyway.

edit:

In which way? Your post was about gameplay, which Persona pretty much copied, and since your post had both Persona and Atelier in the same sentence, I'm not sure what you were looking for (since those two games are really not similar outside of being JRPGs with young protagonists, like SMT).
Though I mainly mentioned Atelier since, as mentioned above, I started playing one of the later games and I'm still shaking my head at the...issues, they both revolve around time/life/relationship management, whereas your usual SMT game is a standard JRPG.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

the leotard is presumably related to how she's a dancer or a gymnast or whatever
but it's still like super sketch

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Five billion hours in photoshop.
I gave her a bit longer jacket and pants, since it looked ridiculous.

royal1-c1-img2-e3b3733557b1d6a686f3b6e92c45dfea.png
So much better, why couldn't atlus do that?

the leotard is presumably related to how she's a dancer or a gymnast or whatever
but it's still like super sketch

Even then, why the thigh highs? Her outfit just doesn't mesh very well. They could have done something like Zatanna, that probably would have worked better.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
for what it's worth, chinatsu kurahana, the character designer for fire emblem three houses, is a woman, and presumably some of the Incredibly Dumb design elements are at the behest of the game's director, who knows the fire emblem brand is mad horny now

Status
Not open for further replies.