• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anything unique in the actual text file or is it generic?

Just opened it, it's a plain text document

begins with "RAR registration data" then my name (what I registered under), then "Single PC usage license" followed by a line that says UID and 398-character Alphanumeric string that I assume is the actual key.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just opened it, it's a plain text document

begins with "RAR registration data" then my name (what I registered under), then "Single PC usage license" followed by a line that says UID and 398-character Alphanumeric string that I assume is the actual key.
Huh. I don't know why I find that so fascinating but thanks for the answer!

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Used foobar a bit during the whole customize and showoff desktop kind of thing.

Stopped caring and went back to good ol winamp

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
tinyfoobar.png

https://www.foobar2000.org/

Foobar2000 is still being updated.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Also Foobar is only the best player if a primary requirement is customizing it for neowin.net screenshots.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I never stopped using it, use it every day (5.5.72 or something), so this is... good. I'll probably just continue to use the updated classic player, I couldn't care less about streaming.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the club of "still use it, won't stop until you pry it from my cold, dead hands". Can't wait to make new One Piece and DMC5 skins, yeah!

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Winamp is still great when you want a no-nonsense media player. The skins were amazing.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
am I the only one who still uses winamp to play all of their mp3s?

hell, am I the only one still using mp3s?

pooptest

Oct 27, 2017
Last good version(s) was anything before 3.

I use VLC now and am perfectly content staying. Good on them for reviving it, though. Awesome news.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
The original app, last updated in 2013, still works, but to say it's long in the tooth would be something of an understatement.
OH WOW

I still use Winamp and certainly not the 2013 version, I use Winamp v2.95 from 2003! A full decade earlier.

It does everything I want a music player to do and NOTHING more that I don't want it to do. I'll probably continue using Winamp v2.95 as long as a windows OS can run it. If I had to switch it'd probably be to foobar2000, but I just like Winamp better so I don't have to switch.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I'll try it on mobile tho nothing really beats Eleven in terms of lightweight and customizing.

On desktop, VLC completely whipped the llama's ass around 10 years ago - and that's coming from a huuuge winamp user.

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm still using Winamp today.
How else would I listen to SPC and GSF files and all those other console and handheld game sound formats?

Falcs

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I was excited for a moment, but then I remember that I stream all my music now.

Hopefully it is integrated with online streaming services, otherwise I don't really see the mainstream value. Most people don't listen to local MP3s anymore.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, I didn't realize it was uncommon to use Winamp in 2018. :\

I mean, I still use Spotify for convenience most of the time, but if I'm at home, on my PC, and looking to listen to some older/independent stuff? Whip that llama's ass, baby.