• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
looks almost like a new Painkiller. I love that series and Bulletstorm so I'm so in.

Oct 29, 2017
I believe it's in game. We might've just got a glimpse into what possible PS5 games will look like. No platforms confirmed and if it's a 2019 game it could release on a potential PS5 at launch.

Oct 25, 2017
I can and I am. Why should a GamerGater (as this dev apparently is, I'm only hearing about it now) be given the stage at The Game Awards? Especially at this year's event which went pretty far to celebrate inclusivity. I'm a little disappointed in Geoff to let someone like that in just to get the reveal trailer.

Not like he was the only crappy person there. The guy that won Trending Gamer vehemently defended Pewdiepie after he said the n word.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I believe it's in game. We might've just got a glimpse into what possible PS5 games will look like. No platforms confirmed and if it's a 2019 game it could release on a potential PS5 at launch.

I think this might be possible this gen. Vanishing of Ethan Carther was looking quite awesome as well and they use a lot of photogrammetry.

I'm up for another Painkiller-like shooter! Hopefully with a fun multiplayer aspect as well.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
4c2o6n.gif

599qz5.gif

15tp45.gif

21bqbv.gif

3alqh0.gif

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy moly this looked amazing. The visuals :O

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks fantastic and I have zero doubt it was all ingame footage. Glad the walking sim phase is behind them (eventhough I enjoyed Ethan Carter).

Oct 28, 2017
That gameplay at the end looks an absurd lot like Shadow Warrior 2 to the point where I thought it was running on the same engine since it it felt like a reskin. Still should be decent regardless. Other than that I'm going to be cautious since I remember Adrian Chmielarz (questionable opinions on other topics aside) saying ages ago that after Painkiller he was tired of making that type of game (see: his Bioshock Infinite comments), so who knows if he still has that spark in him depending on how heavily involved he is with this.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
The long enemy attack animations, the leaping attack, and the dodging in combat are giving me major "Dark Souls but an FPS" vibes.

Looks awesome.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
"From the makers of Vanishing of Ethan Carter"
*snore*
"and the makers of Painkiller and Bulletstorm"
I'm in.

Oct 28, 2017
This was definitely the coolest NEW IP reveal we've seen tonight. I really hope it plays more in the vein of Painkiller or other old school shooters rather than a newer-school shooter, but assuming it does, you have my attention.

Hope it plays more like Bulletstorm, one of the most underrated FPS in the history of gaming.

This looked so fucking good. Gave me Clive Barker Jericho vibes aswell. I love shooters with stronge and unique looks and Witchfire (The devs really have a knack for awesome sounding titles, Painkiller, Necrovision, Bulletstorm..) looks like its up there aswell. Looked amazing. Oozes cult hit potential.

One of the best looking UE4 games after Paragon and Days Gone.
I agree. The artstyle in this one is really cood. ''Dark Fantasy'' is a style you dont often see in games.

Shame. I refuse to support GamerGaters.

Ugh, same. I couldn't remember who The Astronauts were, outside of ex-People Can Fly folks, and was praying it wasn't them. So long as no one from Flying Wild Hog shits the bed, we can at least hope for the legacy to live on somewhere.
Sigh. Just because one of the people has had a part in Gamergate (Apparently a very mild one) should not cast a shadow (Given the kind of game this is, that's quite ironic) on Witchfire. Judge the game on its merits, not the people (Of which only one spoke about Gamergate) who make the title in the first place.

Why'd you even give these guys the stage, Geoff?
Because the game is awesome as fuck? Should Geoff have announced before hand ''One of these guys here had an opinion about Gamergate and you won''t like it''? Its about the game, not about one of the people at Astronauts has said.

I dislike how that literally was the only thing purseowner felt needed to post. Nothing about the game, just a drive by post stating ''Oh but i dont like Gamergaters''.

I can and I am. Why should a GamerGater (as this dev apparently is, I'm only hearing about it now) be given the stage at The Game Awards? Especially at this year's event which went pretty far to celebrate inclusivity. I'm a little disappointed in Geoff to let someone like that in just to get the reveal trailer.
Because it has nothing to do with the game. Wanna talk Gamergate about this dev? Make a different thread for it. I don't want that kind of discussion in a thread that should be focussed on a game announcement.

Creative director was an outright gamergater, siccing followers on people and everything. It might have been a while since he's done anything shitty (last thing I specifically remember him doing was around the latest Deus Ex?) but it's hard to tell whether that means anything given that GG itself has died down, you know?
So why the need to fuel the fire again? Why even answer his question in the first place? That discussion, if there is a need for it, can be done elsewhere.

People dismissing Ethan Carter makes me sad :C
Political sidecomments on Gamergate are more important than discussing how AWESOME this game looks. JK. But seriously, this game looks awesome. Im glad we have these new IP's with very imaginative artstyles popping up.

Graciaus

Oct 27, 2017
I only played Bulletstorm of those games but that trailer looked great. Really liked the movement.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
This looked so fucking good. Gave me Clive Barker Jericho vibes aswell. I love shooters with stronge and unique looks and Witchfire (The devs really have a knack for awesome sounding titles, Painkiller, Necrovision, Bulletstorm..) looks like its up there aswell. Looked amazing. Oozes cult hit potential.

I agree. The artstyle in this one is really cood. ''Dark Fantasy'' is a style you dont often see in games.

Sigh. Just because one of the people has had a part in Gamergate (Apparently a very mild one) should not cast a shadow (Given the kind of game this is, that's quite ironic) on Witchfire. Judge the game on its merits, not the people (Of which only one spoke about Gamergate) who make the title in the first place.

Because the game is awesome as fuck? Should Geoff have announced before hand ''One of these guys here had an opinion about Gamergate and you won''t like it''? Its about the game, not about one of the people at Astronauts has said.

I dislike how that literally was the only thing purseowner felt needed to post. Nothing about the game, just a drive by post stating ''Oh but i dont like Gamergaters''.

Because it has nothing to do with the game. Wanna talk Gamergate about this dev? Make a different thread for it. I don't want that kind of discussion in a thread that should be focussed on a game announcement.

So why the need to fuel the fire again? Why even answer his question in the first place? That discussion, if there is a need for it, can be done elsewhere.

Political stances are more important than discussing how AWESOME this game looks. JK. But seriously, this game looks awesome. Im glad we have these new IP's with very imaginative artstyles popping up.
Just one? You mean the co-owner of the studio? Yeah...
A mild one? You mean the guy how drove the "war" against FemFreq?
But yes, this gamke is fucking awesome looking, that's the most important thing....

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. I wasn't certain with ports in general, but I've just seen that Ethan Carter is on PS4, so w/e.

Wow, you are right. I thought Ethan was also on all three. I just googled and it seems Xbone did not get it due to MS parity clause? Which I think was abandoned, hopefully.

But yes, this gamke is fucking awesome looking, that's the most important thing....

That sounds serious. How did he "drive a war" against FemReq?

It honestly isnt relevant in a game announcement thread. It has been a while since he said it, so why do we need shed light about it again, and also on GG in general?

It is. Political discourse about GG or how the co-owner/Jazz Jackrabbit/Frogger of this studio said statements in regards to Gamergate in the past can be done elsewhere in a seperate thread.

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I think this might have been the most exciting announcement out of The Game Awards, and there was a lot of cool stuff shown.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK

No, I noted what a shame it is. This game does indeed look awesome. But I can't support those with opinions that seek to bring harm to or discriminate against others - simple. And judging from this thread, I'm not the only one who feels that way.