Status
Not open for further replies.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit are you hot and bothered by Jumanji's BO run.
Breh, I've been on the Jumanji is going to do well train from pretty much the start (though I thought it would do Goosebumps well, not this well). Nor do I care much for Star Wars.

I think you might be seeing something that isn't there.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Star Wars holds onto this 3-day and 4-day, but Jumanji's run is one for the books. I expected Central Intelligence+ in terms of box office.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I haven't seen it in about 10 or so years, but I remembered quite liking Peter Pan with Jason Isaacs.
large_kN9nWy36vyCJyMTRjQPgolxEr8l.jpg

Obviously a revisit might change my opinion.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
So that train movie with Liam Neeson is at 71 on RT. Another potential hit?
Liam Neeson doing something action in Jan or Feb usually leads to a hit, and on a modest budget to boot.
There are bits of the trailer for The Commuter that look lame, but it looks like it could be very fun overall.

But best January release Liam had was The Grey, which was a modest success. It is obvious why that film wasn't a huge hit though. It wasn't exactly cheery.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking like TLJ will sit around 4th all time domestic. Cameron still smiling.

Oct 27, 2017
I keep seeing Insidious ads on Hulu; I want to see a new horror film in theaters but it doesn't look all that great tbh. The series has been pretty successful this far so it'll probably be the first hit of 2018?

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So that train movie with Liam Neeson is at 71 on RT. Another potential hit?
Surprising considering it looked like a mix of The Murder on the Orient Express and Speed.

Unfortunately she's not a very talented one. I'll be glad when the more subpar GOT cast members no longer get cast in major things because the show is current and big.
Lots of actors need the right script and director in order to do a decent job. This could easily be the case for Emilia Clark

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Looking like TLJ will sit around 4th all time domestic. Cameron still smiling.
You really think TLJ is going to earn over 135 million dollars in 2018 domestic? This is a crazy prediction IMO, R1 went into the new year with better tracking and only ended up with around 100 million after tge New Years weekend. I know kids are off school in much of tge country this week but not enough to make up for the mediocre/bad legs the movie has had. I can say with confidence TLJ will not hit 650 million.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Unfortunately she's not a very talented one. I'll be glad when the more subpar GOT cast members no longer get cast in major things because the show is current and big.
She is like an anchor on better actors within the show. Peter Dinklage was forced to be her scene partner for so long that when he finally got to act opposite to Lena Heady again it felt like a breath of fresh air.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Surprising considering it looked like a mix of The Murder on the Orient Express and Speed.

Lots of actors need the right script and director in order to do a decent job. This could easily be the case for Emilia Clark
Game of Thrones has had like a dozen different directors.

Her and Kit Harrington really bring the show down, especially last season when they've had so many scenes together.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones has had like a dozen different directors.

Her and Kit Harrington really bring the show down, especially last season when they've had so many scenes together.
And the script is not particularly good, especially the last season. One of the troubles of translating it. I think Clarke's other two major roles are Terminator: Genisys and Me Before You. Kit Harrington's other major role is Pompeii. None of those are considered "good," and the actor choices were probably not the thing that brought those movies down.

OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
Kristen Stewart has always had the ability to act. She was pretty good even when she was a kid.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Jumanji was surprisingly good? Jack Blacks performance was actually really entertaining.

Oct 25, 2017
Kristen Stewart has always had the ability to act. She was pretty good even when she was a kid.
I wonder if Twilight was worth it with the career trajectory she's had. If she really enjoys what she's doing now, then i'd say yeah. but the series did make her into a sort of a joke in america during its release period.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think it's any coincidence her worst performance on the show by far is the season that gave her the worst material to work with (S2). She's become a much better performer and more interesting to watch imo since then.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did not know she had been a kid actor. Interesting.
I wonder if Twilight was worth it with the career trajectory she's had. If she really enjoys what she's doing now, then i'd say yeah. but the series did make her into a sort of a joke in america during its release period.
She likely doesn't have to work unless she wants to, I'm sure she made quite a bit of money filming those.
I don't think it's any coincidence her worst performance on the show by far is the season that gave her the worst material to work with (S2). She's become a much better performer and more interesting to watch imo since then.
I feel like her character hasn't moved much in the show since Season 1. I probably need to do a rewatch to actually evaluate the acting of actors. However, acting has really been a blind spot for me unless it's something extraordinary.
Going to see TLJ for the 2nd time tomorrow.
It's better the second time, it turned from a C to a B movie for me.

Oct 25, 2017
You really think TLJ is going to earn over 135 million dollars in 2018 domestic? This is a crazy prediction IMO, R1 went into the new year with better tracking and only ended up with around 100 million after tge New Years weekend. I know kids are off school in much of tge country this week but not enough to make up for the mediocre/bad legs the movie has had. I can say with confidence TLJ will not hit 650 million.
Quote it.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

I think given GOT has many great actors doing good work during its run, that excuse doesn't run with her. She simply has no presence or believabilty. She always just looks like she's following stage directions.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
*notices Bobby Roberts is back*

The final puzzle piece...box office talk is complete again.

6wAdeJH.gif

Welcome back, Bobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.