Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
Monday is just a projection. Disney was off by $5M on X-Mas. So we'll know more tonight.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the younger actors are meh, it is what it is.

"A lot" means Harrington, Clarke and Turner? :P

And the script is not particularly good, especially the last season. One of the troubles of translating it. I think Clarke's other two major roles are Terminator: Genisys and Me Before You. Kit Harrington's other major role is Pompeii. None of those are considered "good," and the actor choices were probably not the thing that brought those movies down.

It's true, the script on GoT isn't top notch (it isn't awful either), but most of the other actors have risen above it. They just aren't good actors. Personally, I would actually put Harrington way below Clarke even. Dude's just awful.

Bobby

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Portland
Still going to be Marvel's first bomb

Can't just pretend Inhumans never happened.

images

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Do we lump Inhumans in with the MCU films since the pilot had a theatrical showing, or do we dump it with their TV fare since it was technically a TV series?

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
MCU is able to take characters that the general audience does not care about or have no clue exist and make them marketable and a success.

Do we lump Inhumans in with the MCU films since the pilot had a theatrical showing, or do we dump it with their TV fare since it was technically a TV series?
Lump it in with a pile of shit.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Can you imagine how it would have been if Scott Buck had managed to actually land one of their movies at some point?

Holy shit. That would have been the true test of his dark powers.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine how it would have been if Scott Buck managed to actually land one of their movies at some point?

Holy shit. That would have been the true test of his dark powers.
How was he allowed to touch anything

(I know the real reason because both iron fist and inhuman were rushed and he was available )

Bobby

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Portland
If Inhumans hadn't been a fucking mess, and that limited IMAX run had made bank, it would be (rightfully) lumped in with the rest of their financial successes, despite that it was a production under Perlmutter's purview, and not Feige's. But it wasn't. At all. it's the biggest creative failure Marvel Studios has produced under its own banner, and I'm fairly certain it's their biggest financial one too.

That we're knowledgeable enough about the division of labor in the company to make those distinctions doesn't really mean those distinctions are all that worthwhile. It's still a Marvel Studios production. Marvel was in creative control, Marvel spent the money... Marvel made THAT with it.

(It's sorta like how I like to say "Clone Wars doesn't count" when we talk about Star Wars theatrical releases but it absolutely does so I'm full of shit)

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
At least they are keeping things relatively tame budget wise on the TV front outside of Inhumans.
When do New Warriors and Cloak and Dagger start?

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
At least they are keeping things relatively tame budget wise on the TV front outside of Inhumans.
When do New Warriors and Cloak and Dagger start?
Cloak and Dagger is planned for this year. We have no clue on New Warriors. It didn't get picked up by Freeform and I think Disney is still trying to figure out what to do with it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel still has Eternals, and with in a year they will have the Neo, and The Mannites,

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
kswiston I hate to do ask this of you but are you making that (amazing) thread about BO profit again this year!?

Also, happy new year to you and BO-ERA

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think given GOT has many great actors doing good work during its run, that excuse doesn't run with her. She simply has no presence or believabilty. She always just looks like she's following stage directions.
Maybe. I'm going to give her a couple more chances before I make a conclusion. The Solo movie I will feel will be the biggest indicator since I think Disney movies are so focus-tested.

Oct 31, 2017
Give the inhumans rights back to Marvel!

Actually I want them to make that crappy show non canon and reboot it under Feige's guidance like it was supposed to happen.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
They definitely have no interest in Inhumans, that was a Ike want and they really don't need it anymore except for Kamala

Bobby

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Portland
Maybe. I'm going to give her a couple more chances before I make a conclusion. The Solo movie I will feel will be the biggest indicator since I think Disney movies are so focus-tested.

Lucasfilm productions aren't focus tested at all.

I mean, outside of Kathleen Kennedy/Kiri Hart/Alan Horn/Bob Iger, but that's not what you'd really call a "focus group"

Oct 31, 2017
All of those shows are non-canon when it comes down to it.

So you're saying if Daredevil, Punisher, Runaways, etc were to come to the big screen they would just ignore everything that happened in the shows? I'm not sure about that. AoS has had a few shares of referencing the movies.

I doubt they are touching for a while especially when they can say mutants soon

They can do them in 2022 or whatever, after mutants have been established. Just do them right. They got me interested in inhumans only to throw the worst show of all time in my face.

OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
So you're saying if Daredevil, Punisher, Runaways, etc were to come to the big screen they would just ignore everything that happened in the shows? I'm not sure about that. AoS has had a few shares of referencing the movies.

The shows can reference the movies, but Age of Ultron pretty much demonstrated how much even Agents of Shield matters in the larger scheme of the films.

If Daredevil, Punisher, etc ever come to the MCU movies, they will completely ditch whatever the Netflix versions were doing, yes.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Inhumans are never becoming a thing again now that Marvel has the X-Men back. Thank god. They were becoming the Roman Reigns of Marvel Comics for a while now.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So when is the Black Panther salt controversy starting? I thought Fox News would've been on that shit already

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
As great as Daredevil and Punisher have been on Netflix, it would be a tough sell if Marvel put them on the big screen to carry a film (unless they make a small cameo).

Have to entice the masses to handover their cash on something different than what can be see on Netflix. All new versions that ditch any connection to their previous Netflix run.

Oct 31, 2017
The shows can reference the movies, but Age of Ultron pretty much demonstrated how much even Agents of Shield matters in the larger scheme of the films.

If Daredevil, Punisher, etc ever come to the MCU movies, they will completely ditch whatever the Netflix versions were doing, yes.

It's been awhile since I watched Age of Ultron, what exactly are you referring to?

I would be okay with them doing it that way, make it simpler. I actually hope Daredevil will show up in Homecoming 2.

The Inhumans are never becoming a thing again now that Marvel has the X-Men back. Thank god. They were becoming the Roman Reigns of Marvel Comics for a while now.

They need the inhumans if they want to do Illuminati and World War Hulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.