Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
World War Hulk was a pretty dumb event to begin with. I don't see how that would work as a film.

Bobby

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Portland
Any "Hulk" centric aspect is getting wrapped up in the Infinity Wars, I'd bet.

Wrap up Black Widow and Banner's storylines, actors bail, whatever happens after that (legacy characters, retiring characters) won't likely deal with even the most superficial aspects of either "Hulk" event.

Marvel Studios has never been all that interested in actually adapting their events or runs. Just taking the titles and loose concepts/imagery, and using that as a marketing hook more than anything.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lucasfilm productions aren't focus tested at all.

I mean, outside of Kathleen Kennedy/Kiri Hart/Alan Horn/Bob Iger, but that's not what you'd really call a "focus group"
As I was typing it out I was thinking that The Last Jedi wouldn't have been as divisive if it was really focus-tested.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't just pretend Inhumans never happened.

images
Iron Fist came before Inhumans

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Bobby

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Portland
I'd bet they're going to use Kelly Sue DeConnick's Carol as a basis and build from there. Which should be weird as I'm not entirely sure DeConnick & Marvel had an amicable split. I dunno.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
How 'stand alone' is BP likely to be? I don't remember any other MCU characters in the trailer, though I'm not very familiar with them.

Oct 31, 2017
How 'stand alone' is BP likely to be? I don't remember any other MCU characters in the trailer, though I'm not very familiar with them.

I feel very confident that either
Bucky
and/or
Cap
will make an appearance.

Plus the movie leads directly into IW, there might be way more appearances, mid and post credit scenes are going to be great.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
It's likely it's going to feature the last Infinity Stone, but other than that it'll probably be very standalone (Thor 2 and Doctor Strange both had Stones but were entirely standalone).

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Probably about as stand alone as ant man

BP already has the most tie in for any movie to date. He already got a full arc in Civil War, plus it's looking to feature a pretty heavy part in IF.

I feel like we're supposed to go in full well knowing who BP is already. At the very least, watch Civil War before you go to it.

It's probably going to be the set up for the Earth side of things as well before Infinity War takes place.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone having a heart attack about TLJ, despite it still doing great numbers. It's a Star Wars movie, of course it's going to do gangbusters no matter if it's a bad movie or not (ymmv with it).

I'm just happy Jumanji is getting the love it deserves. I think everyone expected to be a flop and suck, but it's a surprisingly good movie and the box office is reflecting that.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I want the Inhumans to be on the big screen for the sole reason to have Black Bolt and T'Challa to work together. That would be hype as shit. Plus it would also been amazing to have him scream directly into Thanos face, but that ain't gonna happen.

People saying Inhumans shouldn't be a thing, y'all suck lol. Need my Black Bolt.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Reboot Iron Fist. Give the people an Asian-American Iron Fist, give it a bigger budget instead of $50, and go all in on the fantasy and mysticism. Basically do Doctor Strange but with kung-fu.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Are people presuming the demographic will be notably different than the other MCU films?

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I want the Inhumans to be on the big screen for the sole reason to have Black Bolt and T'Challa to work together. That would be hype as shit. Plus it would also been amazing to have him scream directly into Thanos face, but that ain't gonna happen.

People saying Inhumans shouldn't be a thing, y'all suck lol. Need my Black Bolt.

It would be awesome for them to adapt the Paul Jenkins/Jae Lee run of Inhumans into a mini series or something and give it the proper budget and creative team. But that ship has sailed now.

blackpanther.gif.aspx

Also it's mcu it's not going to make people that uncomfortable

I really hope Coogler nails it and makes a monster hit. I have faith in him.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Black Panther OT is going to make the TLJ thread seem like it was a mild disagreement.

In for the legendary meltdowns.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
The Black Panther OT is going to make the TLJ thread seem like it was a mild disagreement.

In for the legendary meltdowns.
Let's get some things out of the way:
People will complain about the villain, even if he is great.
People will complain that there are too many jokes.
People will complain that the film is too safe and doesn't try anything new.

Did I miss any of the regular talking points for an MCU film?

I do wonder how long it will take before race becomes part of the conversation in that OT.

EDIT: Actually, the hot takes will begin once reviews start dropping, so probably even before the OT starts.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The villain is probably safe, as everyone seems to love Andy Serkis.

I can't stand that dude, zero charisma.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

I do wonder how long it will take before race becomes part of the conversation in that OT.

EDIT: Actually, the hot takes will begin once reviews start dropping, so probably even before the OT starts.
Add how Wakanda strains believability

ReconYoda

Lupe’s Angel
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Preparing to dismiss any and all criticism isn't a good look. I hope I like BP but there is no way in hell im voicing any criticism with y'all crazies on the internet.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
tbh as much as we joke about it, I don't think there'd be a loud backlash against Black Panther. while you had creep takes for Get Out and Wonder Woman last year (!!) the demographics weren't super lopsided. I mean, hopefully I'm not wrong. or hopefully I am. I...don't know. deep down I'd be happy if people accept it for what it looks to be: a really dope superhero movie with a great director based on a great character. But I know people want meltdowns and such.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the BP hot takes won't be crazy on ERA but social media will be abysmal for a few weeks

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Well the lack of a good villains have plagued the MCU for a while. They seemed to do a lot better this past year, Ego was great and Vulture was interesting. (I haven't seen Thor 3: The Dark World 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.