• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
A damn good episode, but I have no complaint with it being pulled.

They should be snarky and dub over it with another artist
If it was just a scene they could. but since Bart tells the whole neighborhood that Homer is bringing Michael Jackson.
They would need to re-do the animation since some of the characters had records of his and banners for him.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Funny enough, I thought it was just an impersonator who voiced that classic character lol.

I too get that Lisa It's Your Birthday song in my head all the time

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
"Lisa, her teeth are big and green.
Lisa, she smells like gasoline."

Fantastic episode, but yeah, definitely the right choice.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait... that wasn't Michael singing? I knew it, it sounded too good for Michael at that time, lol!

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
That was a really good episode of golden age Simpsons.

But I have no objections to this.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Such a fantastic episode, but I have no issue with them doing it.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Now what does "circulation" mean, does that also mean you can't access it for streaming on their special Simpsons website anymore? Will it get pulled from digital stores? I don't have paywall access so I can't access the full article.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loved this episode, love the song, but, well

flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like an easy PR move for the Simpsons folks, but is Azaria still voicing Apu 👀

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
With the amount of Celebrity guest stars the Simpsons uses this'll probably happen a lot going forward. I guess the fallout of Dustin Hoffman getting called out for sexual harassment wasn't enough to get Lisa's Substitute pulled.

Seems like an easy PR move for the Simpsons folks, but is Azaria still voicing Apu 👀
Character was written off the show last I heard but I don't watch.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Can I ask why this is a good thing? I feel like people think just getting rid of everything that ever had a bad person involved will make the problem go away. The episode is an artifact of its time, where people were obsessed with Michael Jackson as a celebrity and personality. What is accomplished by removing the episode? I'm not trying to be dense or insensitive, I'm just curious what people feel is accomplished by this.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Ws journal is sub only. What's the reasoning for this?

Edit:. Damn first im hearing of this doc.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I've kinda missed the entire Leaving Neverland talk do to busy schedule, but is the evidence in the documentary that decisively damning for MJ? My impression (albeit not totally informed) was that the case was just one big grey area, but has the doc proven otherwise?

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
To be honest, I always thought it was kinda creepy how much "Michael" emphasized Lisa getting her "first kiss from a boy". It's a great episode and a nice song, but that line always creeped me out, especially since he makes a point to repeat it twice.

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
Holy shit, I've kinda missed the entire Leaving Neverland talk do to busy schedule, but is the evidence in the documentary that decisively damning for MJ? My impression (albeit not totally informed) was that the case was just one big grey area, but has the doc proven otherwise?
For me it has and I've only watched the first half. The first half goes from mild to hard to watch at times.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
A damn good episode, but I have no complaint with it being pulled.

They should be snarky and dub over it with another artist

Yup. Although I haven't said my piece regarding the resurfaced MJ allegations and haven't watched the documentary (don't have HBO unfortunately), this was certainly the right call.

I still get a kick out of the pink shirt gag and Bart answering the mental health survey for Homer, but still the right call.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to expunge it entirely from existence (like from future home video releases) or just the reruns? It's still a part of the show's history, a good episode and it would be a shame for it to become inaccessible for future generations.