ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah not sure what they are thinking here, because absolutely no one is going to cheer for Shayna over Iyo. Shayna is supposed to be a tweener, but is about as interesting as watching paint dry.
You seriously insult every woman on the roster who isn't Japanese. It's a level of misogyny that's pretty horrifying, honestly.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
You seriously insult every woman on the roster who isn't Japanese. It's a level of misogyny that's pretty horrifying, honestly.
Dude. Shayna has never been over on the main roster. That's pretty much an objective fact. Well, strike that, she's been cheered once, against Nia Jax. I'm just outright saying what is blatantly obvious. Triple H REALLY likes Shayna, but she's also not someone you can put another heel up against (unless you are Nia) and expect to see them root for her. WWE has been trying off and on for four years to get her over, and she's an excellent wrestler, but her style is a very poor fit for WWE and its audience. Let's not forget how Shayna basically killed the NXT Women's Division when she was champion and it took a combination of Rhea and Iyo to salvage it.

And I'm fiercely defensive of Japanese/Asian talents in WWE, because out of all the minorities on the roster, they by far still get the worst treatment when it comes to booking. When was the last time a Japanese woman or man was the face of the company? That's right. Never. They had an opportunity last year to put the title on Shinsuke, because he was red hot, and fatigue was setting in for Seth's reign at the time (and worst case scenario he could have regained it later). What did they do? Chump Shinsuke out multiple times to Seth. And then you have Iyo who despite being a world champion, was constantly booked to look significantly lesser than compared to Bianca, Becky, Charlotte, etc. It's amazing that Triple H saw what Iyo could do in NXT if she was pushed as a face of the brand (especially since he was behind her push there, even if he had to be dragged kicking and screaming towards it if the build was any indication), and was like "yeah nah, I'm good", and continued to portray her as significantly lesser than a lot of the other women on Smackdown. Hell, that applies to pretty much all of Damage CTRL right now. The stable had absolutely massive potential, but they have done nothing but be chumped out for almost two years now. They've won tag titles and Iyo has won the women's title once, but it didn't make any difference in their booking as they continued to be fed to Bianca, Charlotte, etc even after that. And that Mania match against Bayley did Iyo absolutely no good, because Iyo is lower on the card than she was previously.

If I wanted to be misogynist, I would be shitting on women's wrestling in general. Which I don't. Because I still enjoy it a hell of a lot more than a lot of the men's stuff in WWE these days, even if I'm not a fan of the women who are being pushed. Hell, NXT is one of my favorite brands at the moment, as I'm enjoying where they are going with Fallon Henley, and also Roxanne Perez's eternal feud with management. If you want to see true vicious wrestling fans, just go look at that TOXICATTRACTION account on twitter, which is arguably the most high profile "diva stan" twitter account, and actively took pride in harassing Sareee enough to the point of where it was a key factor in her deciding to go back to Japan. And the guy behind that account does it to a bunch of other women as well like Roxanne, Meiko, Cora, Iyo, Kairi, Asuka, etc.

Last edited:

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
So ... if I understand properly Woods was going to enter, but his match with Gunther storyline injured him and Kofi took his spot and has so far beaten Rey (surprisingly good result). But I just don't get why because as far as I can tell Woods is still touring with them, or at least.

Also, what is even this Sunday event? Surprised some of these matches aren't happening tomorrow. Is the PLE just going to be the finals for King and Queen?

I really like Baszler, but I just hear Naruto.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
So ... if I understand properly Woods was going to enter, but his match with Gunther storyline injured him and Kofi took his spot and has so far beaten Rey (surprisingly good result). But I just don't get why because as far as I can tell Woods is still touring with them, or at least.

Also, what is even this Sunday event? Surprised some of these matches aren't happening tomorrow. Is the PLE just going to be the finals for King and Queen?
The Sunday event today was just determining the RAW side of the quarterfinals. The actual quarterfinals start tomorrow on RAW. They couldn't spend more than a week per unless they had people working double duty, which WWE generally likes to avoid.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A Town Down Under has my favorite entrance currently, I love how waller poses behind Theory

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
As someone who doesn't have twitter and is too lazy to scour through youtube, I appreciate everyone posting these clips from the live events.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Listened to Cody's MMA Hour interview for the first time yesterday and at the end they're about to play some darts and Cody dropped a Julian Bashir reference.

Didn't know Cody was a Trekkie, and a DS9 fan at that! Instantly more likeable for me haha

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Listened to Cody's MMA Hour interview for the first time yesterday and at the end they're about to play some darts and Cody dropped a Julian Bashir reference.

Didn't know Cody was a Trekkie, and a DS9 fan at that! Instantly more likeable for me haha

EDWovYCU0AA7FGv

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I guess they are setting up something for Bron but it really doesn't make sense, they also have Lyra on the women's side.
At least on the women's side you can argue that they don't have enough people anyway.

Obviously the only reason Bron isn't in the tournament is because they don't want him to lose, but they don't want him to win either. But they could've come up with a better reason. Say he picked this stuff before the Draft and figured Bron might still be on Smackdown or something.

AllezLesVert

Mar 30, 2024
Stoopid is one of those words that makes Drew's accent go haywire

Normalise eejit, you're friends with Sheamus and you're Scottish, you're allowed that one

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Taylor 'Not so' Swift. Dammit Gable lol. I love his heel turn. Hopefully him and the Creed Brothers happen soon.