Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
y'all shitting on Rage 2 made me boot it up and play it for a couple of hours... I'm digging it lol. It looks, runs and plays great, I'm just running around doing random ass ?s on the map and getting upgrade materials and whatnot, I haven't even gone to the first main mission after you can go out into the world.

You can have my massive /shrug #sorrynotsorry
to me the game is really, really fun. The closest I got to a Bulletstorm 2.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Rage 2 is just like every Avalanche studios game for the past decade, completely mediocre. Definitely found Rage 2 a big misstep after enjoying the first one.

Last edited:

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
y'all shitting on Rage 2 made me boot it up and play it for a couple of hours... I'm digging it lol. It looks, runs and plays great, I'm just running around doing random ass ?s on the map and getting upgrade materials and whatnot, I haven't even gone to the first main mission after you can go out into the world.

You can have my massive /shrug #sorrynotsorry
I didn't like my time with it, I loved it! I don't know, I really enjoyed the upgrades and using them in combat. 🤷🏻‍♂️

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
So many pages to catch up on. I can see you all had a lot of time playing good stuff on Game Pass during the easter break. Meanwhile, I almost finished Cuphead with my nephew :D I'm never getting around to these latest additions at this rate and holy Game Pass Tuesday is upon us again.

Last edited:

Astronomer

Aug 22, 2019
Thanks! Good suggestions I've definitely played and enjoyed several of these games. Perhaps I'll have to give lonely mountains a try too. I definitely have a few puzzle games on my list, but several of them are kinda high octane too XD. Tetris Effect and Lumines are good too, but I need like a zen mode haha.

Actually, related but different question. Which games in the library would people classify as "uplifting"? Like, positive all the way through, rather than just at the end (like I found the end of Superliminal positive, but several chunks of the game are rather tense and foreboding). I think Donut County feels that way to me. Maybe even overcooked, even though it's hectic haha. Would people even be interested in more of those types of games?

Great. And you are right: game like Lumines, Tetris Effect, Zuma, etc. are fun and cheerful but, at the same time, also challenging.
Overcooked is quite challenging. I think that move out is more simple and zen. The king of zen still remain Unpacking
Donut County is surely "uplifting". Can't remember any stressful moment.

In my opinion, even if I don't play a lot of this kind of games (usually), I would be interested. We need also game like this

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Definitely bland, but the gameplay is fantastic and carried the game for me. Perfect as a palate cleanser. May be held back by the Xbox One version though on Series S? I know back on PS4 Pro when I played the game it was targeting 60 so it must be playing like a dream on XSX.

Right now I only have a PS4 Pro and Series S, so Rage 2 would be better on Pro then?

I wonder how many other games that's the case for. I think the recent Need for Speed remaster is also 60fps on Pro and capped to 30 on Series S

ThisIsPrfct

Jun 9, 2019
Finished Turnip Boy, good game and fun... took 4 hours going slowly and chill, it has an endless mode at the end that can be fun. Currently there are 2 achievements bugged that can't be unlocked but the game can be continued after finishing it so if you play it now you can come back to finish those achievements after they are fixed, doesn't look like it has missables neither.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021

May is looking pretty decent so far. Have been very much looking forward to Trek to Yomi since it was announced. Do enjoy the Sniper Elite games, they're nothing fancy but they do what they do well so it's great to have the new one coming day and date to Gamepass. Pac Man Museum im looking forward to for finally getting a chance to try Pac N Roll. Really interested in Citizen Sleeper though. Been curious about it for a while so looking forward to trying it, though I am worried it'll be a bit convoluted with how it'll play on console.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Right now I only have a PS4 Pro and Series S, so Rage 2 would be better on Pro then?

I wonder how many other games that's the case for. I think the recent Need for Speed remaster is also 60fps on Pro and capped to 30 on Series S
I think so yeah. Bare in mind it's pretty far from a locked 60fps on Pro (well I was playing with an increased FOV and it obviously aggravates the fluctuations), but still a way more comfortable experience.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
That's a pretty big miss for the last half of the month.

The service overall has been losing steam as of late.

Lmao at the little blurb for AC Origins. Getting a 4.5 years old game that you can buy for dirt cheap isnt worth highlighting. I hope this isnt a sign the direction of the service is going to be trending further down.

Last edited:

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty weak. Blog also mentions;

More Ubisoft Games Coming to Game Pass

I'm excited to share that we're working with Ubisoft to bring even more incredible games to the Game Pass library! In the next two months, Assassin's Creed Origins will join the library for cloud, console, and PC via Ubisoft Connect app. We will also bring For Honor: Marching Fire Edition to PC via Ubisoft Connect app, and upgrade to the Marching Fire Edition for cloud and console.

Idk what via the Ubisoft Connect app means though

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
The quality drop continues. I think they have big plans for the summer, no other explanation.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thank you GP for giving me a few lame months so I can catch up on other stuff/my backlog

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, since March we have gotten:

Guardians of the Galaxy
Young Souls
Weird West
Tunic
Norco
Crusader Kings 3 (Console Edition)
Life is Strange: True Colors
MLB: The Show 22
Lost in Random
FAR: Changing Tides

which is a pretty good line-up to me lol

Admittedly, this second batch of April games is kind of weak for me (already have Turnip Boy on Switch and Bugsnax on PS5), but Unsouled looks solid at least.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Assassin's Creed Origins is getting Next Gen upgrade, but the date was unknown. Maybe the upgrade will be released alongside Game Pass.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Guardians of the Galaxy
Young Souls
Weird West
Tunic
Norco
Lost in Random

Admittedly, this second batch of April games is kind of weak for me (already have Turnip Boy on Switch and Bugsnax on PS5), but Unsouled looks solid at least.

Yeah overall it's still been a great 6 months, and I don't have time for 3/4 great games every month anyway. I'm still playing Tunic right now and I started that after GOTG, and I have Young Souls downloaded to play with my girlfriend after we're done with Stardew

We can probably have another 2 weaker months before I'm done with all the things I want to play. It's still a great deal

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy
Young Souls
Weird West
Tunic
Norco
Lost in Random

Yeah I dunno how some of you are coming to this conclusion that we're now into months of weak releases. There's literally more quality games in GP than you're ever going to play.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Assassin's Creed Origins is getting Next Gen upgrade, but the date was unknown. Maybe the upgrade will be released alongside Game Pass.

I don't know about it officially getting a next gen upgrade; Ubisoft only said they were looking into it. Though it's nice that they announced the game's arrival to the service two whole months in advance…it very well could be the upgrade!

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Give me more interesting AA and indies titles, this is what I'm here for and what I love about my Game Pass subcription. For me it's not the big hitters I'll be buying and playing anyways, even if you need them in a subscription service as well. Second half of April batch is disappointing indeed, but it gives me time to catch up at least. I've enjoyed the Game Pass curation this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I dunno how some of you are coming to this conclusion that we're now into months of weak releases. There's literally more quality games in GP than you're ever going to play.

quiet periods always end up in this lol, i was checking april from 2021/2020 and it was mostly a similar, "weaker" line-up overall. it really depends on each person's tastes, although this specific drop was pretty weak.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok with things being light as I've done nothing but Elden Ring since launch there. Trying to see what I've missed the past few months.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy
Young Souls
Weird West
Tunic
Norco
Lost in Random

Heh, yeah this. No doubt we've gotten spoiled with all the great offerings, and I'll also be the first one to admit that it has given me the memory of a gold fish the second I see a weaker announcement. I was about to post a 'meh' type post and then I remembered I only just downloaded Life is Strange and haven't even gotten around to playing GotG, Tunic or Norco because I'm drowning in other great games.

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
People neglecting to realise that stalker 2 would have dropped in this window. They probably didn't have time to organise another large scale AA to AAA level game drop for late April after the studio delayed it.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Elden Ring took a lot of my game pass time too and now I'm stuck ignoring new releases and balancing backlog and recent releases like Tunic and Far.

It's ok to have weaker months now, I'm more worried about older additions leaving soon, like probably FF13, more Yakuza or even Scarlet Nexus in case I dare try it out.

Oh and that ass creed future drop is hilarious in a bad way. I already played it pretty late back when I did, ages ago. I'd have appreciated Odyssey at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.