• Total voters

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
51500f03e8f87baea847089cc40575f7

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Gaming revenue was ahead of expectations primarily due to Call of Duty according to Amy Hood

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Gaming guidance for next Q:

Revenue for Gaming: Grow low-mid 40s, ~50 from Activision
Revenue for Gaming Content and Services: Grow high 50s, approx 60 from Activision
Revenue for Gaming Hardware: "Decline YoY"

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020

Revenue for Gaming Content and Services: Grow high 50s, approx 60 from Activision
Huh, kinda surprised that Activision is going to be responsible for all the positive growth. Last April-June was pretty barren for Xbox (though Game Pass was popping off) while this year is going to have Elden Ring DLC and the Grounded/Sea of Thieves ports which seem to be doing pretty well so far. Not to mention Fallout absolutely blowing up on all platforms right now…

What was there last year that caused this year to be lower?

NovaChrysalia

Dec 14, 2023
Gosh, Microsoft really needs to do the 360 trick again, anticipating the next generation.

I absolutely don't know what their plans are, but honestly, I would really like to see them just TRY. Now that they have everything to finally succeed: the studios, the services, the backward compatibility... it would really be a waste if they changed strategy now when they finally have all the cards to release their most beautiful generation in history.

Just out of curiosity, I would like to see what would happen with strong exclusives supported by their 40 studios, a super aggressive marketing and Game Pass.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Huh, kinda surprised that Activision is going to be responsible for all the positive growth. Last April-June was pretty barren for Xbox (though Game Pass was popping off) while this year is going to have Elden Ring DLC and the Grounded/Sea of Thieves ports which seem to be doing pretty well so far. Not to mention Fallout absolutely blowing up on all platforms right now…

Jedi Survivor? idk lol

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States

Would love to see them kickstart some sales this holiday with some COD bundles and roll it into an early launch for Nextbox and PassPort.

Last edited:

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023

Diablo 4 comes to mind, don't know how big that was on xbox tho

Lui

Sep 22, 2022

Street Fighter and Diablo? although I cant imagine street fighter was that was huge on xbox.

and Redfall of course

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Diablo 4 comes to mind, don't know how big that was on xbox tho
Ah, yeah, that's probably it then. But truth be told I'm still calling bull on MS's guidances for this quarter. I think that Sea of Thieves is going to sell at least a couple million units on PlayStation (being generous) and Fallout 76 blowing up is going to bring in hella MTX revenue across all platforms. I can't believe that Diablo and Jedi Survivor last year is the reason why this year is going to be down an estimated 10% without ABK.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Ah, yeah, that's probably it then. But truth be told I'm still calling bull on MS's guidances for this quarter. I think that Sea of Thieves is going to sell at least a couple million units on PlayStation (being generous) and Fallout 76 blowing up is going to bring in hella MTX revenue across all platforms. I can't believe that Diablo and Jedi Survivor last year is the reason why this year is going to be down an estimated 10% without ABK.
Maybe they'd already written their guidance before Fallout blew up, or they're being conservative with Sea of Thieves because it's unknown territory (or both).

Diablo and Jedi did sell very well, plus stuff like the wizard game was still selling.

Edit: Also, only a small portion of the 76 influx will actually buy MTX.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Maybe they'd already written their guidance before Fallout blew up, or they're being conservative with Sea of Thieves because it's unknown territory (or both).

Diablo and Jedi did sell very well, plus stuff like the wizard game was still selling.

Edit: Also, only a small portion of the 76 influx will actually buy MTX.
Yeah, that's actually a good point, they probably wrote this guidance last week some time, based on data compiled by the accountants a couple weeks ago and then all this week had legal looking over it to make sure nothing too bad is accidentally disclosed. So Fallout blowing up makes sense to not be accounted for, same with data on Grounded's sales if those will make any difference. Sea of Thieves it also makes sense for them to be conservative with as well honestly

Also, while only a small portion of Fallout 76 will engage with the monetization, the fact still remains that the peak concurrent CCU on Steam did more than double it's previous peak, and since the show has launched and the game started popping off again, it only ever goes below that old CCU at night in America and only by a few thousand players. And that's just Steam where people had to pay to get started to begin with. On Xbox and Playstation it's probably blowing up a similar amount, if not even more thanks to being on Game Pass and PS+ Plus. Even if only like 3% of players will engage with the monetization, that 3% of players now seems like a pretty massive number.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Yeah, that's actually a good point, they probably wrote this guidance last week some time, based on data compiled by the accountants a couple weeks ago and then all this week had legal looking over it to make sure nothing too bad is accidentally disclosed. So Fallout blowing up makes sense to not be accounted for, same with data on Grounded's sales if those will make any difference. Sea of Thieves it also makes sense for them to be conservative with as well honestly

Also, while only a small portion of Fallout 76 will engage with the monetization, the fact still remains that the peak concurrent CCU on Steam did more than double it's previous peak, and since the show has launched and the game started popping off again, it only ever goes below that old CCU at night in America and only by a few thousand players. And that's just Steam where people had to pay to get started to begin with. On Xbox and Playstation it's probably blowing up a similar amount, if not even more thanks to being on Game Pass and PS+ Plus. Even if only like 3% of players will engage with the monetization, that 3% of players now seems like a pretty massive number.
Yeah fair on 76. It's just not going to be anywhere close to a new game launch or something (obviously still better than it was though). And Fallout mania will continue even now the games aren't on sale anymore.

Also, being conservative makes sense because then you exceed expectations rather than risking falling short.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

Steam's peak is also a small number given the game is super low barrier of entry with the free codes from Amazon Prime and its including on GP and PS+ Extra. They're hoping people sub to Fallout 1st beyond the 50% off trial, which is prob where a lot of its revenue will come from due to those perks it brings.

I'd be curious how many F1st subs they have because the perks sound pretty good to have with the expanded storage and whatnot. Plus it gives you a bunch of Atoms for the shop, basically as much as you'd get with the money anyway (if not more), so it's kinda a "good deal" to the dedicated player but also brings in recurring revenue.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i wonder if there going announce the next batch of multi game at there showcase

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm reading it wrong, these still need a wired connection to work on Xbox though. Otherwise, they look awesome.
Yeah saw that after I ordered. Dang….

I really just want a competent, wireless, non Elite controller with back buttons. Seems like the only other good option is Scuf Instinct Pro but even that is pricey af. Waiting on Elite V3 I guess…

Zerpette

Jun 23, 2023
I really just want a competent, wireless, non Elite controller with back buttons. Seems like the only other good option is Scuf Instinct Pro but even that is pricey af. Waiting on Elite V3 I guess…
Yeah, I really love having back buttons to map for L3/R3 stick clicks. Also, I could really use a new Xbox controller because one of mine has mild stick drift and the other a sticky right trigger button, but I feel like the instant I buy a new one they're going to finally announce the Sebile controller.