• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017

Junko Takeuchi is kind of a legend in Japan, she voiced a bunch of characters in the first Digimon Adventures series, with the Gomamon and its digievolutions being the main ones, but she is specially known for being the voice of Naruto for like 20 years.
But both Jun Fukuyama and Nobuhiko Okamoto are also very famous seiyuus.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Finished Fallout just now and wow. That was superb. People saying it doesn't fit into the lore are nuts. It clicked quite well imo. Could go deeper into that but will leave it there for now. I had an audible gasp at the ending. So, so good.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Totally random but I FINALLY won a sweepstakes from the Ambassadors program! I won Grandia HD Collection! POGGERS 😁

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Alright, won't wait for the F4 update to play the DLC and will (finally) play Fallout: New Vegas, which I only started once before many years ago. I was in the area last year so it will be extra cool!

Does anyone know that if I download the Game Pass version from Austria that I'll have an uncut experience? I don't think they ever removed the censorship from the German version you can buy on the Xbox store today, right? It's not the Ultimate Edition. I do own the game.

Last edited:

Ara63

Nov 21, 2023
Either they have the data that shows people like real tracks, it was cheaper to make them, or it's just the direction they went in this entry. Or a bit of everything

There's two distinct parts to this:
  • The more "sim" you make your racing game, the more the playerbase tends to turn their nose up to fictional tracks of any kind. As Turn 10 were positioning this game as more of a full sim, it makes sense they'd focus more on the real tracks.
  • We know from other devs that city tracks, specifically, take forever to make now because of the building density and the detail required to make the surroundings at the requisite detail levels. There's a reason Gran Turismo also only has one city track, and Tokyo Expressway basically only has plain rectangular buildings around the track.

bb1173

May 1, 2022
honestly if it exists, Beth should annouce Fallout 3 remake this year.

I also have the fallout itch, (can't scratch it since I'm currently quite far into Infinite Wealth) and while I could go back to 3/4/NV, I have actually replayed all recently (past 2 years)

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
honestly if it exists, Beth should annouce Fallout 3 remake this year.

I also have the fallout itch, (can't scratch it since I'm currently quite far into Infinite Wealth) and while I could go back to 3/4/NV, I have actually replayed all recently (past 2 years)
I really think, if it (still) exists, it'll get announced at the showcase. I also think there's a non-zero chance that an Obsidian Fallout gets announced with a 30 second CGI teaser.

I've always felt the Fallout 3 and Oblivion remasters (again, if they still exist) could be held on to and saved for when there's a gap in the schedule, but clearly the value of Fallout 3 would be to put it out soon and take advantage of the show hype (unless they save it for Season 2, as they won't have the Fallout 4 next gen update to rely on then and 76 etc. won't get as big of a boost as they are getting now).

Edit: Fallout 4 next gen + Fallout 76 resurgence for Season 1, Fallout 3 remaster for Season 2, New Vegas remaster for Season 3, new Obsidian Fallout for Season 4, Fallout 5 for Season 5.

Last edited:

Mcbel

Sep 6, 2023
I really think, if it (still) exists, it'll get announced at the showcase. I also think there's a non-zero chance that an Obsidian Fallout gets announced with a 30 second CGI teaser.

Is there rumor about Obsidian doing a Fallout spin-off? I'd be very surprised if it's true: they're working on two big games and probably a couple smaller games not related to Fallout, so I can't see them working on a Fallout game even if it's on the smaller side if things.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Is there rumor about Obsidian doing a Fallout spin-off? I'd be very surprised if it's true: they're working on two big games and probably a couple smaller games not related to Fallout, so I can't see them working on a Fallout game even if it's on the smaller side if things.
Beyond Grubb saying they at least were talking about it a few years ago, no. But Avowed and TOW 2 are coming to the end of their development cycles so they will be starting to think about what's next (if they don't already know).

Obviously the game would be 4-6 years away. But a new Obsidian Fallout is one of the few examples where in 2024 it makes sense for Xbox to announce a game very early. In an ideal world, Josh and a small team are prototyping and concepting now so that the Avowed and TOW 2 teams can roll onto Fallout when they are done.

This is all assuming they want to do it, but given Fergus' previous comments, I feel like they do.

Mcbel

Sep 6, 2023
Beyond Grubb saying they at least were talking about it a few years ago, no. But Avowed and TOW 2 are coming to the end of their development cycles so they will be starting to think about what's next (if they don't already know).

Obviously the game would be 4-6 years away. But a new Obsidian Fallout is one of the few examples where in 2024 it makes sense for Xbox to announce a game very early. In an ideal world, Josh and a small team are prototyping and concepting now so that the Avowed and TOW 2 teams can roll onto Fallout when they are done.
Ah I see, you're talking about a game in the prototyping stage. Not sure if that's a good idea.

Mcbel

Sep 6, 2023
Why? It would satisfy and reassure the Fallout fans who want to know there's going to be something between now and Fallout 5. There's no real downside for this specific game.
Because game ideas get killed all the time in prototyping stage, and they haven't even released their game yet so it's not like they'd be hiring for the Fallout game.

EDIT: Unless you expect Obsidian to start hiring for another team?

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
thankyoumerzbow i think we should stop saying stuff is coming to game pass because they always don't come when we do. spyro, octopath, silksong and neon white are NOT coming in the next drop!!

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to post my own tweet but I figured people here might relate lol

View: https://x.com/MrEvil37/status/1780187099515261094

That's me as well. I'm in the mood to play Fallout 3 the most, but because of the potential remake/remaster, I also kinda wanna wait. New Vegas is always worth another playthrough and I belong to the group that love Fallout 4, but it's also one I replayed not too long ago.

I wish they had remasters ready for some of the older games, so they could be played on console with a controller.

Last edited:

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
i saw a person on klobrille's post on twitter saying that the service (game pass) is becoming like games with gold in answer to this drop and, man, imagine being like that lol

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Hmm. Not mentioned but showing up on PCGP for EA Play is Populous the Beginning, Sim City 3000 Unlimited, and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

monarch10

Jun 23, 2022
i saw a person on klobrille's post on twitter saying that the service (game pass) is becoming like games with gold in answer to this drop and, man, imagine being like that lol

Meanwhile, I'm over here like

yACLdPC.gif

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
yeah lol April hasn't been crazy for me or anything, but there are some good titles there I might check out.

- Superhot: Mind Control Delete#
- LEGO 2K Drive
- Lil Gator Game
- EA Sports PGA Tour^
- Kona#
- Botany Manor*
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider#
- Harold Halibut*
- Orcs Must Die! 3
- EA Sports NHL 24^
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes*
- Another Crab's Treasure*
- Manor Lords*
- Have a Nice Death

That's 14 titles, 5 day one titles, and 3 repeats (though SOTTR is now the definitive edition with DLC unlike before), and 2 from EA Play. Seems decent though maybe a bit sparse given EA just being included and repeats being repeats, depending on your history.

I've only played Botany Manor from this month and will check out Harold Halibut but honestly hearing that its like 14 hours long AND pretty slow/narrative heavy kinda worries me. I just played RE4 Remake and that allegedly took me around 12 hours and felt kinda long. And that's an action packed game.