• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 326 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 338 50.9%

• Total voters

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
So, based on the DF video it sounds like Xbox now has a way to detect the system running at 120hz as exposed to the game sdk. Must've been some sort of gdk update over the past few months. This should mean more 40hz modes on Xbox (see: Avatar and Fallout 4 if it werent bugged)

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
news.xbox.com

IGN x ID@Xbox Digital Showcase – See Everything We Showed in Our Second Edition - Xbox Wire

That’s a wrap folks! The second edition of the IGN x ID@Xbox Digital Showcase just ended - from bullet hell shooters to mascot managers, we had something for everyone. See everything we showed inside.

a bunch of cool stuff. humanity on game pass. Sulfur coming to Xbox (the demo is fantastic). also paging MCD since that volcano princess game looks like his shit

Oh shit Humanity was announced and its coming to gp?
didn't show up during the event, but it's coming it seems per the blog post.

Tommi813

Jul 19, 2020
I'm not a fan of the death of PS. I love you and Xcast. I listened to these podcasts for a reason: Informed hosts. Oftentimes, Games Daily was a mess because they didn't know about Xbox stuff or play it. And I won't check daily if the current episode has good guests/hosts or topics.

For years, Xbox fans, in particular in Germany, had no podcast about Xbox. All the other General gaming podcasts didn't discuss Xbox or had that much knowledge.

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
As an aside, is the achievements revamp officially dead? Would be really nice to have base game dlc separate from dlc like true achievements does.

I doubt it. Was only the end of last year that Spencer said there was a roadmap for improvements to achievements. I think there'll be something announced in the second half of the year. Personally I'd like to see the option of deleting games even if you've got a few achievements unlocked. I've got one or two achievements in kinect games that I'd really love to get rid of. To avoid abuse they could have it require 2FA and a time of say up to a week before they're removed.

I'd also like to see for games that have achievements that are impossible to unlock due to servers going or a feature being removed, to have it so those achievements aren't needed. If you've got the achievements prior to the feature being removed/servers going down, they'll still be there but those who haven't got those achievements don't need to get them to complete the game - Sea of Thieves PS5 port made me think of this in particular. On Xbox there are Arena achievements that can't be gained but on the PS5 port, you can get all the trophies as they didn't put the Arena ones in.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
news.xbox.com

IGN x ID@Xbox Digital Showcase – See Everything We Showed in Our Second Edition - Xbox Wire

That’s a wrap folks! The second edition of the IGN x ID@Xbox Digital Showcase just ended - from bullet hell shooters to mascot managers, we had something for everyone. See everything we showed inside.

a bunch of cool stuff. humanity on game pass. Sulfur coming to Xbox (the demo is fantastic). also paging MCD since that volcano princess game looks like his shit

Looked cool.

I loved Astor and Keylocker the best.

Paradise Killer next game is weird and quirky in a cool way and All You Need is Help song cracked me up 🤣

One nitpick I have about ID@Xbox is that we need more action games from the East. Something like AI Limit.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Kinda sounded like Todd is saying two fallout related projects are in the works. Feels like Fallout 3 remaster/remake may actually still be happening 🧐

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
City maps, big shipbuilding update and more coming to starfield soon. Prob in Beta this week.

Shattered Space in fall

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I love that Howard/Bethesda philosophy of letting the player "self direct", having a lot of content and the player being the one deciding how things are done and what to interact with.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Knowing Shattered Space is in fall means I'm gonna do a new character soon, whenever this update comes out. I was kinda delaying in case Shattered Space was soon.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how to enable controller support for Jedi Survivor (via Game Pass PC). This game is a shambles for connectivity, usually its supposed to be auto.. the game won't acknowledge controller at all.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Some modders already have the Starfield tools. My guess is so when the new creations thing launches, they have some mods ready to go and sell. Then the kit will drop at the same time.