• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada

giphy.gif

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I also find that old games have much crispier images in general, the post processing of the latest generations can really destroy image quality on lower resolutions
Honestly not just that but the anti aliasing and 16x anisotropic filtering that the newer consoles do for the 360 games really does make a difference. I'll admit some games can still look rough, but the majority of 360 games I've played on One/Series look incredible. Like COD 2 in particular just looks incredibly sharp and really good, despite being a flat 720p and very much not looking that good on an actual 360

Concrete1337

Sep 1, 2020
Never played Fallout NV before so I thought now is the time and bought it for $3.

Holy crap - it looks so good on the Series X! Very crisp! So I guess they boosted the FPS and the resolution? A very nice surprise.

Ultimately I've decided to do a modded PC version. Just like bug fixes vs gameplay changes. But to a degree even the 720p game was enticing. Looked better than expected and the picture of my tv is a lot better than my monitor.

Now fallout 3. I loaded that one up for a few minutes. It looks super clean now. 4k 60fps. I think if I go down a real rabbit hole and do 3 or 4 after Vegas. I'll stick to Xbox.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Finally going to start playing Fallout 76...

It's a massive game at 113GB, but hopefully it'll be done installing by tomorrow afternoon...

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That's what happens when a content mill "has" to write a whole story about two quotes from an interview a different publication did. They editorialize to fill the space.

I know, I just don't understand why they'd frame it from that angle, but some of it is because I always expect better from Eurogamer, but the articles people keep posting in here, just show this actually is their level.

They used to have value.

Last edited:

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Picked up Wasteland 3 on Steam through the sale, weirdly, I didn't see State of Decay 2 on sale, or I would have grabbed that too just for posterity if nothing else.

Ah, found it. Nabbed that too.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

At least two of them are, arguably three. Lonesome Road is straight rubbish. All I remember is a linear path with bullet sponge enemies and listening to pretentious nonsense from Ulysses.

Honest Hearts > Old World Blues > Dead Money > Lonesome Road.

I thought Dead Money had the best characters and RPG design but the combat and bracelets were terrible. Old World Blues was hilarious with the Think Tank and other characters. Honest Hearts wins out for me with Joshua Graham and the setting. I'm a national parks guy, so getting to see a famous one like Zion in a Fallout setting was a special treat.

Granted, it's been like 10 years since I last touched them. My last time I booted up NV I kept to the main game. Maybe it's time for another spin. I've gotten all I can get out of Elden Ring for now.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
i need to see a Fallout 1 and 2 and 3 REMAKE!!!!! or some kind of remasters updated with recent engines, that would be a dream come true, but they will do it? who knows

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Any word on if the Fallout 4 update will be like Skyrim and have all the CC content as a paid upgrade? Everything else seems to be handled the same, but can't see any confirmation of that.

Jqydon

Apr 25, 2023
Here's a question: if Forza Horizon has shifted to 3+ year cadence and always gets announced at Showcase in June for release at holiday that year, should Horizon launch a port of the game in that 6 month period prior to June?

For example, FH6 is releasing this year (you know it is) and comes in November 2024.

FH5 will have been exclusive for 3 years at that point with no DLC since Q1 2023 (just live service stuff).

Would a FH5 releasing in April-May on PlayStation be a bad idea? They basically get the game very late similar to Grounded in a way but it's also more or less the complete package. Then, if they want the latest and greatest it's only available on Xbox for the first 2.5 ish years.

I think maybe they didnt do it this time (horizon too high profile/controversial, too many live servicey titles from them in April with these four )but following this pattern could be in the cards given where MS will be in .. 2027?
Losing exclusivity on the burger, fries and shake combo will be optically bad regardless. I wouldn't particularly mind if this was the case to me personally but I think Forza will definitely upset a lot of Xbox fans if going multiplat even only to a certain extent.

SteelOak

Oct 28, 2017

At least two of them are, arguably three. Lonesome Road is straight rubbish. All I remember is a linear path with bullet sponge enemies and listening to pretentious nonsense from Ulysses.

I thought Dead Money had the best characters and RPG design but the combat and bracelets were terrible. Old World Blues was hilarious with the Think Tank and other characters. Honest Hearts wins out for me with Joshua Graham and the setting. I'm a national parks guy, so getting to see a famous one like Zion in a Fallout setting was a special treat.

Granted, it's been like 10 years since I last touched them. My last time I booted up NV I kept to the main game. Maybe it's time for another spin. I've gotten all I can get out of Elden Ring for now.

I think the unavailable ones were preorder bonuses from different retailers.

They are fantastic. The unavailable ones were retail exclusive pre order bonuses. Those bonuses are packaged together in the Courier's Stash DLC.

Thank you all, will check them out.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
I bet I could play so many games if I didn't spend 500 hours every year playing EA's football titles. I probably would've had my NG+ runs of Starfield done already. People who hate Madden and FIFA/FC have it made.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I bet I could play so many games if I didn't spend 500 hours every year playing EA's football titles. I probably would've had my NG+ runs of Starfield done already. People who hate Madden and FIFA/FC have it made.
This reminds me that I've been meaning to download one of the newer Madden titles... I had Madden 06 as a kid on the 360 and my older sisters and I would play that one a bit and it was pretty fun, I've been meaning to see if the newer ones are worthwhile or not...

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
This reminds me that I've been meaning to download one of the newer Madden titles... I had Madden 06 as a kid on the 360 and my older sisters and I would play that one a bit and it was pretty fun, I've been meaning to see if the newer ones are worthwhile or not...
Madden has this mode in ultimate team where you draft players and play online, and draft increasingly better players as you progress. The goal being to hit a 6-win streak against other players.

It's my life now.

FilthyCasual

Aug 30, 2021

Testify! I had pretty much the same reaction.

I don't ordinarily care for survival elements, but the claustrophobic atmosphere of Dead Money really sold it to me.

Old World Blues is probably my favorite of the NV DLC, but I really enjoyed the story, environment, and arc in Honest Hearts.

Lonesome Road was a disappointment after the other three, but I guess obligatory to wrap things up.

FilthyCasual

Aug 30, 2021

I mean, to paraphrase Parkinson's Law, The Backlog Expands to Consume All Available Time.

If you're happy playing that much time playing Madden/FIFA, then it's all good, right?

Ratuso

Nov 27, 2021
I was checking Steam's most wishlisted and I noticed that 5 out of the Top 10 are coming to PC Game Pass day one! (Manor Lords, Silksong, Frostpunk 2, Stalker and ARK.

The last 2 years there have been quiet a few popular PC games dropping day one on gamepass.

View: https://imgur.com/a/BHERvSx

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
more like 4 years. in 2019 Compulsion was still finishing up We Happy Few's DLC. Then they began expanding... i expect the game to come out in 2025 but wouldn't shock me if it didn't show up in June
It could be a Developer Direct thing like Indy this year, but I'm expecting it to release in the first half of 2025 so I think it'll be at the showcase.

🙌 February 🙌

As much as I am expecting TOW 2 at the showcase, I've also got a feeling that it could skip the showcase and be the TGA/DD game, as it's probably fall 2025.

Last edited:

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Lonesome Road is my favourite of NV's DLCs, followed closely of course by Dead Money. Honest Hearts and Old World Blues are tied just behind that. But none of them are bad by any means.

Adilson

Jul 28, 2022
So, we are two weeks away from the announcement of the xbox showcase, the announcement of the 2023 showcase was on May 4th, correct? Imagine if they already confirmed the presence of Avowed, Indiana, State of Decay 3, among others and new features, it would be a great day lol

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
So, we are two weeks away from the announcement of the xbox showcase, the announcement of the 2023 showcase was on May 4th, correct? Imagine if they already confirmed the presence of Avowed, Indiana, State of Decay 3, among others and new features, it would be a great day lol
I doubt they confirm much besides what's in the key art (presumably something Fable-y but perhaps a tiny tease of something else). Unless there's a standalone Direct double bill of course, then they would confirm whatever that's for.