• No

Votes: 387 46.8%

• Total voters

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
IMO Doom should launch on everything day 1. You don't want to risk franchise contraction there, especially after you spent so long building Doom back up.

But that's me.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
although im much more interested in a Quake reboot that is more inline visually to the original a new DOOM is overdue
I am very much ready to rip and tear
hope that along side Doom Year Zero (for lack of a better name atm) and Quake 6 via Xbox Direct that Wolfenstein isnt dead in the water.
Youngblood was a baaad misstep, literally couldnt play more than like 30min and I know cyberpilot didnt do well but please please
dont just kill this franchise again. Could do enough for at minimum one more in the alt history of the last 2 main titles.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Doom will for sure be multiplat. In fact, I expect in the days following the showcase that it'll slowly come out that a bunch of the stuff shown will be multiplat day one as well, along with more back porting announced.

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
If you're going to release things on another platform eventually, just do it day one. Exclusives suck. Let everyone play your game and let the devs have as much success as possible.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I don't think stuff will be day one that isn't GAAS. Not yet. We are a little bit from that yet.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
I think everything should be multiplatform now.

If even before everything that happened those last few months Microsoft already expected that a game like Starfield wouldn't be a system seller, I doubt any game now will be, considering the people's perception about Xbox. Just pull the trigger and let's move on already.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Speaking of doom why isn't doom 2016 on pc gamepass?
The forgotten multiplayer mode that no one cares about used Steamworks for the matchmaking on PC, and presumably Microsoft/Bethesda figured it wasn't worth the money to either have a version of the game without multiplayer or to patch out the Steamworks support from the game and use a whole new matchmaking system.

I imagine it's going to end up being the same thing with older COD games on PC Game Pass too, but I could be wrong

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I think everything should be multiplatform now.

If even before everything that happened those last few months Microsoft already expected that a game like Starfield wouldn't be a system seller, I doubt any game now will be, considering the people's perception about Xbox. Just pull the trigger and let's move on already.

I completely agree, Series console sales are in the toilet. After what happened with Tango and Arkane Austin I want to see their remaining studios get as many sales from their games as possible. I don't really give a shit about "the brand" anymore so whatever about exclusives, open the floodgates already and call it a day.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Square Enix news could be good for Xbox-only people with a hankering for JRPGs.

Thread 'Square Enix is shifting to a multiplatform strategy' https://www.resetera.com/threads/square-enix-is-shifting-to-a-multiplatform-strategy.868902/

Honestly I need FF16 on Xbox. I can understand them not bothering with FF7R since it's 3 part but 16 is a big one and can make the way for other smaller titles to release on Xbox.

View: https://twitter.com/Knoebelbroet/status/1789908289825694143?t=1aBWIDIZfI8P9e7mgkqFYw&s=19

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
Thread 'Square Enix is shifting to a multiplatform strategy' https://www.resetera.com/threads/square-enix-is-shifting-to-a-multiplatform-strategy.868902/

Honestly I need FF16 on Xbox. I can understand them not bothering with FF7R since it's 3 part but 16 is a big one and can make the way for other smaller titles to release on Xbox.

View: https://twitter.com/Knoebelbroet/status/1789908289825694143?t=1aBWIDIZfI8P9e7mgkqFYw&s=19

Square Enix unleashed. Was about time. Ws always curious how a publisher can ignore so much income.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
For HD titles, the Group will aggressively pursue a multiplatform strategy that includes Nintendo platforms, PlayStation, Xbox, and PCs. Especially, in regards to major franchises and AAA titles including catalog titles, it will build an environment where more customers can enjoy our titles.
THEY OUTRIGHT MENTIONED XBOX BY NAME IN THE OFFICIAL COMPANY STRATEGY. I CANT BELIEVE IT.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox finally getting Square Enix titles after porting games to competition and killing their only Japanese studio.

It's sad what happened to Tango but Square is just following Sega, Capcom, Bandai and even Konami with their multiplatform success.

The age of exclusives is over. Let's just enjoy videogames.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
spencer in feb: games that are exclusive to one piece of hardware are going to become less and less

didn't take long for square!

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
Xbox really are pioneers in gaming. They go multiplatform and now everyone else is going multiplatform. Who knows maybe this time next year I'll be playing Spider-Man 2 on a Xbox. /s

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia
It's sad what happened to Tango but Square is just following Sega, Capcom, Bandai and even Konami with their multiplatform success.

The age of exclusives is over. Let's just enjoy videogames.
Absolutely. The option to play games on your preferred system is great and the more people play these games the better. That's why I have nothing against Xbox going multiplatform, I just find the timing funny. It seems like we might see more and more games on Xbox because exclusives are slowly going away, so it will be very, very interesting to see where Xbox sits in a year or two. Phil was completely right about the industry, but I hope they stop making baffling decision.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Xbox are going to stop selling consoles long before Sony is pressured to put all their games on them at this rate.

PsyDec

Jun 3, 2019
I'm team timed exclusive for DOOM. I think this tracks with some comments a while back about Xbox titles being first and best on Xbox.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I'm team timed exclusive for DOOM. I think this tracks with some comments a while back about Xbox titles being first and best on Xbox.
Doom will be interesting because it'll be the first time Bethesda have shipped a new game in an established franchise since being acquired. All the new IPs have been exclusive but I do wonder if the backlash to exclusivity would be worse for an established IP.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Don't even know if Xbox consoles would be around when the day Sony is feeling pressured to go multiplatform comes. Maybe off Steam on the PC with a Xbox sticker slapped on it.
I still believe that by the time PS6 launches, Sony will have ported at least one non-MLB non-Bungie game to Xbox. Probably Helldivers 2 or Concord or something like that. I know it's not a popular view here but I really do think it's the direction the industry is going and Sony is not immune to the trends.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
They will build the fanbase again with Game Pass like LAD and Persona did.

I hope so! LAD and Persona aren't for me personally, but I'd definitely be there day one on Xbox for Final Fantasy. I have a PS5 and play them there because I have to, but I'd prefer to play them on Xbox.

Xbox really are pioneers in gaming. They go multiplatform and now everyone else is going multiplatform. Who knows maybe this time next year I'll be playing Spider-Man 2 on a Xbox. /s

Now that you do bring that up, I could totally see Disney pulling an MLB scenario and forcing Sony to make the franchise multiplatform to be bring in more revenue. And vice versa with Xbox and Blade, though that may end up being multiplatform anyway.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
MS is openly speaking about the elephant in the room basically and gets "hated" for it while other companies just follow suit over time and noone complains anymore out of a sudden. Very entertaining to watch each time.

It's because Microsoft are always ahead of the curve, perhaps too fast.

Ahead with online, digital ecosystem, TV TV TV, subscription and now multiplatform.

They also pay special attention to trends. Example:

View: https://twitter.com/AUTOMATON_ENG/status/1783422326392189072?t=2gIQ-YCuf-siQOmZ-Vw4Ww&s=19

Sounds familiar?

View: https://twitter.com/Andy_VGC/status/1772684405007433981?t=9NcTfrpdFTFu8-n3gp1iUg&s=19

I'm not against exclusives, it's just that Microsoft are a bit aggressive in how they do things. Difficult to balance I guess when you aren't the market leader and got a console to sell.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
There are three platform holders and only one of them is going this direction at the moment.

Now that you do bring that up, I could totally see Disney pulling an MLB scenario and forcing Sony to make the franchise multiplatform to be bring in more revenue. And vice versa with Xbox and Blade, though that may end up being multiplatform anyway.

We know from the Insomniac leaks what that would take and it's pretty unlikely.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Now that you do bring that up, I could totally see Disney pulling an MLB scenario and forcing Sony to make the franchise multiplatform. And vice versa with Xbox and Blade, though that me end up being multiplatform anyway.
This is very possible. Likely in the short term? Probably not, but medium to long term? Very possible.

Edit: Especially when Insomniac moves away from Spider-Man.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
I still believe that by the time PS6 launches, Sony will have ported at least one non-MLB non-Bungie game to Xbox. Probably Helldivers 2 or Concord or something like that. I know it's not a popular view here but I really do think it's the direction the industry is going and Sony is not immune to the trends.
The only one that seems at all likely would be HD2, and it's still really low.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
It's because Microsoft are always ahead of the curve, perhaps too fast.

Ahead with online, digital ecosystem, TV TV TV, subscription and now multiplatform.

They also pay special attention to trends. Example:

View: https://twitter.com/AUTOMATON_ENG/status/1783422326392189072?t=2gIQ-YCuf-siQOmZ-Vw4Ww&s=19

Sounds familiar?

View: https://twitter.com/Andy_VGC/status/1772684405007433981?t=9NcTfrpdFTFu8-n3gp1iUg&s=19

I'm not against exclusives, it's just that Microsoft are a bit aggressive in how they do things. Difficult to balance I guess when you aren't the market leader and got a console to sell.

Yep agree somtimes they change strategy far too quick. I think that's the due to being one of the richest companies in the world. They can afford to risk that much.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017

Good to see. I have FF7 Remake on PC but will double-dip if it comes to Xbox eventually. FF 16 will likely be the first to be ported in any case.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
All of the live service games are equally likely. There is no reason why it makes sense for Bungie and not for the other live service games.
We know why it 'makes sense' for Bungie and not others, though. Bungie has autonomy over their release platforms (for now, but that's a whole other kettle of fish).

Last edited:

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair