Status
Not open for further replies.

fartynoob

Banned
Jul 1, 2021
*insiders*

People really need to stop giving a select group so much attention and credit and let these things happen naturally. Acquisitions are notoriously difficult to track, especially now. No one is going to know.
I stopped trusting insiders long time. Remember that 28 studios people screamed about? Well where are they now?

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Forum members need to stop putting words in these people's mouths. They never said what people here think they said.
Granted I haven't read every single post the past few pages but did anybody say that MS was 100% acquiring them or was the debate that they were up for sale and it was just speculating on if MS will/wont?

Regardless, clearly they are not for sale so its all a moot point.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Granted I haven't read every single post the past few pages but did anybody say that MS was 100% acquiring them or was the debate that they were up for sale and it was just speculating on if MS will/wont?

Regardless, clearly they are not for sale so its all a moot point.

People saw a document that said WB was potentially interested in selling NR, TT, and even some of their other studios. That's it. Nobody said MS was buying them or had bought them.

MS is looking for acquisitions we already know because both Satya and Phil have said it.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
People saw a document that said WB was potentially interested in selling NR, TT, and even some of their other studios. That's it. Nobody said MS was buying them or had bought them.

MS is looking for acquisitions we already know because both Satya and Phil have said it.
I know... I was just asking you if anybody here said they were bought as a result of Jez's comments. Or maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by:
They never said what people here think they said.

fartynoob

Banned
Jul 1, 2021
to be fair Jez was just reporting, its everybody else that needs to stop
Jez, Grubb are what people look for information. If these 2 open their mouths, I expect r/gaming leaks and rumor's to be on work.
I cant stress how many times of grubb news I used to see on that Sub. Right now, the new moderation is doing good work. So the sub kinda looks like dead with small news, because no one quoting these guys nonstop.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
The takes are reaching ridiculous levels again. First, Jez is not an "insider", he is a reporter doing his freaking job. Stop using this term, you are using it wrong.

Second, if he says he saw documents, then that's a fact, no matter what you, as an entitled gamer demanding binary information, think. He clearly never said this will result in anything, no one ever did, it's just the typical "let's jump to conclusions" syndrome that exists here every time. I saw the document as well, it's legit, but whether if it was old or whatever is something I don't know.

Third, and I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated, Xbox getting more studios is not an if situation - it's when. This is official information available to anyone. It's common sense. It's common knowledge.

Fourth, everyone in here, including the people criticising him now, happily took his info on Contraband, IOI and so much more. Some of the statements I'm seeing now here have a hollow ring as a result.

This forum seems to have huge problems lately creating proper quotes by industry people and reporters. I also see allegedly statements by Jeff Grubb quoted here all the time, which, if I take the time and actually check the source, don't exist in that form or are so heavily changed that an opinion is suddenly inside information.

All these people don't owe you anything. They are doing their job. It's up to you individually to ignore them if you don't believe them, but as soon as they have an exclusive scoop, you will come back crawling again anyway.

very well said!

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
Seeing peoples list for games coming up they are going to play.

I think everyone is sleeping on OMNO on the 29th July. Game looks gorgeous! And Day 1 gamepass

May 8, 2021
User Banned (Permanent): Troll Account
Update: Remi Sklar from Warner Bros. Games contacted TheGamer in response to the rumours, saying: "I can confirm NetherRealm Studios and TT Games will continue to remain a part of Warner Bros. Games, and all are included in the Warner Media Discovery merger."

Sometimes i just feel sorry for Xbox fans. At this rate they just giving tooooo much attention to Xbox insiders for damn clicks. Xbox insiders lie to them on a daily basis multiple times a day just for cliks. It is disgusting

Mw9XnJ1.jpg

Sep 7, 2020
Sometimes i just feel sorry for Xbox fans. At this rate they just giving tooooo much attention to Xbox insiders for damn clicks. Xbox insiders lie to them on a daily basis multiple times a day just for cliks. It is disgusting

Mw9XnJ1.jpg
I don't think this applies to just Xbox fans. Didn't we go through the same situation with the Switch pro and Bluebox. I think video game fans need a reality check, not just Xbox fans.

May 8, 2021
I don't think this applies to just Xbox fans. Didn't we go through the same situation with the Switch pro and Bluebox. I think video game fans need a reality check, not just Xbox fans.

I dunno, but i just see on social media across the board a lot of loud Xbox insiders who just seeking for any attention. Still waiting on that Sekiro for Gamepass basically confirmed since March. :/

But i agree, some game fans needs a reality check.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017

Mw9XnJ1.jpg
Havent seen this. How are they looking into it if they were never for sale to begin with according to WB's statement?

This stuff all gets confusing. I used to be so hyped on acquisitions but its exhausting these days. Going to ignore the acquisition talk for a while.

Got a billion Game Pass games to play this summer into the fall anyways.

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
Havent seen this. How are they looking into it if they were never for sale to begin with according to WB's statement?

This stuff all gets confusing. I used to be so hyped on acquisitions but its exhausting these days. Going to ignore the acquisition talk for a while.

Got a billion Game Pass games to play this summer into the fall anyways.

Yep. The reality is when people want acquisitions, what are they really asking for?

I mean an Avalanche acquisition wouldnt change the fact that contraband is coming to gamepass day 1 anyway. It changes nothing for the gamepass gamer. Same with Asobo for instance and a plagues tale requiem on gamepass day 1.

A day 1 gamepass release for me is "almost" the same guarantee as a first party gamepass day 1 release. You are essentially in the same boat.

If avalanche is acquired after contraband releases you have essentially lost nothing as a gamer. Just let it happen naturally rather than worrying about an arbitrary number of studios accumulating.

Lets enjoy the vast amount of awesome games coming this year instead.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

Mw9XnJ1.jpg

Its been said but it apparently bears repeating, Jez is not an insider, he's a journalist. I won't say much more, because he's already said it himself.

thanks dude!

yeah, like i said on the show, the doc could be old, but it also lists playdemic as being in scope for sale, and ea bought playdemic, which for me raised the possibilities of the other studios being up for sale too.

i never said ms was buying netherrealm. i never said ms was buying TT. all i said was i had documentation that suggests to me that at some point wb games was looking to offload netherrealm and tt, as well as tt odyssey and playdemic mobile studios, neither of which i had even heard of prior to getting this documentation.

the inability to verify the age of the doc is why i didn't report it on windows central, where im quite proud of my track record for pre-release accurate information, since it's what we're known for there. podcasts are for discussing random rumors, snippets of info, possibilities, and speculation, etc. for fun.

i know a lot of people here hate me, i see it in my DMs a-plenty. but i wanted to defend myself on this one, since klobrille so kindly stepped up to do so. thanks.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Maybe the gaming world is different, but I know in my line of work, People don't just leave 'documents' lying around talking about multi-million dollar asset sales.

May 8, 2021
Its been said but it apparently bears repeating, Jez is not an insider, he's a journalist. I won't say much more, because he's already said it himself.

What he claimed about Netherealm acquisition surely falls in the insider territory. I mean, even Jason Schreier is acting like insider sometimes. Especially it was pronounced during XSX/PS5 specs speculations.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that that will matter one iotta though, it should go out on all platforms (I'd imagine)
The rumor on reddit states that the Xbox One versions will be behind a week due to troubles on those platforms (also why announcement got delayed, it was supposed to be what Zhuge was hinting at last week), first flights to go out to Series and PC.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes i just feel sorry for Xbox fans
wut? do you also feel sorry for PS fans when false info is reported? I mean we just had the whole bluebox debacle and I still remember the rumor about FForigins and DMC5 being PS exclusives or what about the Sony Bethesda acquisition or the PS rumored specs of 13tflops, or Rdna3? All these were spread by so called PS insiders. or what about Nintendo fans who were made to believe there was a switch pro coming in September? I could keep going on and on.. There is absolutely no need to feel sorry for whatsoever reason. I think those who get really upset about this stuff need to chill a bit.

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
The rumor on reddit states that the Xbox One versions will be behind a week due to troubles on those platforms (also why announcement got delayed, it was supposed to be what Zhuge was hinting at last week), first flights to go out to Series and PC.

Oh I see.

So I don't normally like to post these things, but the guy says it'll be revealed tomorrow so I figured why not, about 14 hours of believability. Reddit post says that 343 will announce Halo Infinite multiplayer flighting tomorrow at 6am PST, so take that as you will since it's just some guy posting it with no real evidence

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...ember_the_daniel_ahmad_xbox_announcement_due/

PLEASE

Nov 23, 2018
thanks dude!

yeah, like i said on the show, the doc could be old, but it also lists playdemic as being in scope for sale, and ea bought playdemic, which for me raised the possibilities of the other studios being up for sale too.

i never said ms was buying netherrealm. i never said ms was buying TT. all i said was i had documentation that suggests to me that at some point wb games was looking to offload netherrealm and tt, as well as tt odyssey and playdemic mobile studios, neither of which i had even heard of prior to getting this documentation.

the inability to verify the age of the doc is why i didn't report it on windows central, where im quite proud of my track record for pre-release accurate information, since it's what we're known for there. podcasts are for discussing random rumors, snippets of info, possibilities, and speculation, etc. for fun.

i know a lot of people here hate me, i see it in my DMs a-plenty. but i wanted to defend myself on this one, since klobrille so kindly stepped up to do so. thanks.
Thanks, Jez, keep up the great work!

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
thanks dude!

It's all good Jez. Keep doing what you're doing.

ryzz

Oct 23, 2018
So I don't normally like to post these things, but the guy says it'll be revealed tomorrow so I figured why not, about 14 hours of believability. Reddit post says that 343 will announce Halo Infinite multiplayer flighting tomorrow at 6am PST, so take that as you will since it's just some guy posting it with no real evidence

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...ember_the_daniel_ahmad_xbox_announcement_due/

Probably could have googled this. But what is Flighting? Is it like a Multiplayer Beta?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility toward another member

Mw9XnJ1.jpg
Aren't you able to read or something?

*EDIT* Just saw you are just a PlayStation fanboy. Should have known better.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Lmao I thought of you when I saw the Reddit post but I couldn't remember your user name on here to tag you
Probably could have googled this. But what is Flighting? Is it like a Multiplayer Beta?
Yeah, pretty much that. Basically just community testing of different features, beta under a different name.

I imagine they'll have flights dedicated to specific things though rather than a beta which is typically more for just marketing these days

Still, doesn't make sense why WB-Discovery would offload Netherrealm, like why? I mean it's your most productive studio out of WBIE. And who'd buy NRS if you don't get Mortal Kombat rights (since WB has said that MK 2021 film has outperformed AFAIK no chance they give it away unless a huge sum).

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
So Death's Door is primarily made by a 2 person dev team? That's absolutely wild.

Also Jez is 100% legit with his Xbox info. On that recent Xbox Two podcast he mentioned that Xbox Game Publishing greenlit 2 other projects. A smaller game and a spin off game based off an existing IP.

So that's 5 reported XGP games essentially.
  • Contraband
  • IOI's Project Dragon
  • Kojima game
  • Spin off games
  • Smaller game.
Excited to see what they turn out this gen after Flight Sim and Gears Tactics being as good as they were.

yeah i like how busy they being

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Even just the thought of being able to play Halo Infinite next week is making me crazy.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018

Nooooooo, not the exact week I'm away from the console.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
👀

I was planning on leaving at about 5:30 or so tomorrow to go on a 12+ mile hike... I think I'll hold off, at least leaving, until after 6am just to be safe. !
I've no idea if this rumor is correct, sorry.
Disregarding that rumor... when would you have expected the flights to begin?
Honestly? I thought it would've been later, like August.

We will find out tomorrow I guess! Would be so incredible. I think I would even take a day off or two lol

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

whether it comes true or not, fun rumor are fun, so fingers crossed

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The time is alittle early compared to when ms normally announces things

Jez

Windows Central
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Still, doesn't make sense why WB-Discovery would offload Netherrealm, like why? I mean it's your most productive studio out of WBIE. And who'd buy NRS if you don't get Mortal Kombat rights (since WB has said that MK 2021 film has outperformed AFAIK no chance they give it away unless a huge sum).

No idea, the only context I have is the studios that were "in scope" of not being included in wb games, for whatever reason, no other context, another reason I didn't report it. Just came up in conversation on the show, I made sure not to imply ms was going to buy them, because I have no evidence to suggest this was ever the case. But I can see why those rumours might have emerged based on this legal doc.

Sep 7, 2020
No idea, the only context I have is the studios that were "in scope" of not being included in wb games, for whatever reason, no other context, another reason I didn't report it. Just came up in conversation on the show, I made sure not to imply ms was going to buy them, because I have no evidence to suggest this was ever the case. But I can see why those rumours might have emerged based on this legal doc.
Jez, you're the man. Thats all. Keep doing what you do, except eating mayo and watching Keeping UP with The Kardashians.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
When you guys say flighting for halo infinite does this mean it's only for people who've signed up for Xbox preview program?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good work mods, why people are losing their minds over insiders (who have an excellent track record btw, thanks Jez and Grubb) is completely unnecessary, I'm happy with the info/direction they provide into the inner workings of MS, even if it's not always accurate it's a lot more informed then the general discussion here (forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.