Votes: 60 29.9%
  • [X] Other console

Votes: 30 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
I really like Rand and Jez and I think their podcast is good with a lot of good insight. They're fanboys but call MS on their shit. But Jez has weight in the industry now and he's got to have a little more journalistic integrity and seems a little flippant with the info he wields. I know he doesn't care what the devs think of him but I think he'll be better off long term being more clear about his info

Hard to disagree with any of this

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Honestly I'm completely fine if Game Pass takes a little bit of extra time winding up here in the new year. I would imagine that most folks are, like me, still completely awash in stuff to play. Obviously it can't wait too long as we are all paying for it, lol.

Your backlog is wait for it......... Doomed!

Games-Coming-to-Xbox-Game-Pass-in-2023-Announced-Here.jpeg

Oct 12, 2020
Your backlog is wait for it......... Doomed!

Games-Coming-to-Xbox-Game-Pass-in-2023-Announced-Here.jpeg

Send help. 😩

Seriously though, that particular list contains more games I'm determined to play than some past Game Pass mega lists. 2023 could indeed be special…and a backlog nightmare. Starfield alone will likely ensure I'll never get to a significant portion of Game Pass releases this year.

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
How dare he relax. He should be pushing the gamepass button!! Crank the gamepass lever!

What is crazy is that it is simply the announcement that is late. Nothing that actually affects player's abilities to receive or play GamePass games. As we've seen before in the past and again last night with Stranded Deep, the games still drop on GamePass on the assigned date even if they have yet to be announced. Likewise, the "leaving soon" list in the GamePass app populated like clockwork so everyone is still getting the roughly 14 day notice of which games are leaving that is always received.

While I honestly would just prefer they always released these announcements in an automated way on the 1st and 15th or 16th each month instead of the "first and third Tuesday, except sometimes Thursday, but occasionally not just depending if we want to" method they use now, it really doesn't matter much. I can also see how the current flexible announcement schedule allows them to work around different announcement parameters of various contractual agreements.

Honestly, it is really hard to be very concerned about it one way or another. Games will be added when they are added. You'll either know about it beforehand or not. In the end it doesn't make that much difference.

Deleted member 129418

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2022
It's ok guys they're announcing the games in an hour, and if they don't it's the next hour trust the process 🤞🤞🤞

OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I'll put up a strawpoll for the final vote, any suggestions that I should add? I'd personally not lean into acquisition-related topics, since there is a seperate OT for that. For the next OT, I'll put the padlet, or any other suggestions are always welcome, all the way at the start to make things easier and better structured.
  1. New year, new engine
    1. New year, new engine, old problems
  2. Half a galaxy away
  3. In my restless dreams... I see that showcase
  4. Waiting for the showcase in perfect dark
  5. Time to write history
  6. [X] Other platforms
    1. [X] Other

I can add more poll options, but even with threadmarking, it might end up too late. Then again, it's simply an OT title.

Last edited:

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Ha, I'm glad I delayed making a new Game Pass club thread until the first game pass drop... now it'll never come ಠ_ಠ

jk. Not that big of a deal. If it doesn't come by 9am PT, then I suppose it shan't come at all. Perhaps Square realized that one of their games had accidentally released on Xbox and was was even about to release onto Game Pass, and they had to rectify this horrible and clearly unintended error, which is delaying the process of announcing everything else. That seems reasonable to me.

|OT| New Year New Engine
I don't mind this at all. Or even New Year, New Engine, Old Problems

Though my spirit is still with "[X] Other" from the padlet, which is just how I feel generally about everything right about now loll. (Slicer Dyster, not sure how you're approaching this poll.)

lmao and then he goes and leaks the avowed screenshot, so doesn't look like he cares too much 😂
TBF, I believe that avowed screenshot had been around for a long time before then, and from other people. He just took it and pixelated it. But I may also be wrong. lol

I'd like to entertain you with an idea.
A february showcase, yes, but with zero gameplay.

The Wandering Tower CG reveal
Hi Fi Rush CG reveal
Starfield live action spot
Atomic Heart live action spot
Replaced cinematic
Wo Long in-engine cinematic
Hellblade 2 in-engine cinematic
Redfall live action spot
Forza Motorsport live action spot
Sloth this list IMMEDIATELY!!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I have reached out to my contacts on the inside to get down to the bottom of this game pass issue. Hunt the truth.

Yoga Flame

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2022
Really do enjoy Rand + Jez podcast. Along with GameOn Daily. I think Rand is quite bi partisan with his gaming with an obvious preference for Xbox, and Jez is always bashing Xbox but come across a little obnoxious on Twitter.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Been using my Elite for dark souls. I finished off DSR with it and have like 20 hours in DS2 so far and the controller is still reading as like "full charge" when i open the guide. Insane.

Oct 12, 2020
Really do enjoy Rand + Jez podcast. Along with GameOn Daily. I think Rand is quite bi partisan with his gaming with an obvious preference for Xbox, and Jez is always bashing Xbox but come across a little obnoxious on Twitter.

Rand and Jez are pretty fair and balanced. In fact, most of the Xbox pods I listen to have no issues with criticizing Xbox heavily when its deserved. GameOnDaily leans far too much into console war histrionics for my liking so I've dropped it from my rotation.

Ghost town like my office today :)

Lends credence to the idea that it might take a little bit for the Xbox/ Game Pass machine to get cranked up again to start the year. Not sure how some of y'all gonna cope, lol.

Jul 10, 2020
I'll put up a strawpoll for the final vote, any suggestions that I should add? I'd personally not lean into acquisition-related topics, since there is a seperate OT for that. For the next OT, I'll put the padlet, or any other suggestions are always welcome, all the way at the start to make things easier and better structured.
  1. New year, new engine
    1. New year, new engine, old problems
  2. Half a galaxy away
  3. In my restless dreams... I see that showcase
  4. Waiting for the showcase in perfect dark
  5. Time to write history
  6. [X] Other platforms
    1. [X] Other

I can add more poll options, but even with threadmarking, it might end up too late. Then again, it's simply an OT title.

If we're not going to with Wrath of Khan, then I have one more suggestion:

Never Mess with the Pentiment Nation again..

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
What is crazy is that it is simply the announcement that is late. Nothing that actually affects player's abilities to receive or play GamePass games. As we've seen before in the past and again last night with Stranded Deep, the games still drop on GamePass on the assigned date even if they have yet to be announced. Likewise, the "leaving soon" list in the GamePass app populated like clockwork so everyone is still getting the roughly 14 day notice of which games are leaving that is always received.

While I honestly would just prefer they always released these announcements in an automated way on the 1st and 15th or 16th each month instead of the "first and third Tuesday, except sometimes Thursday, but occasionally not just depending if we want to" method they use now, it really doesn't matter much. I can also see how the current flexible announcement schedule allows them to work around different announcement parameters of various contractual agreements.

Honestly, it is really hard to be very concerned about it one way or another. Games will be added when they are added. You'll either know about it beforehand or not. In the end it doesn't make that much difference.

indeed

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Send help. 😩

Seriously though, that particular list contains more games I'm determined to play than some past Game Pass mega lists. 2023 could indeed be special…and a backlog nightmare. Starfield alone will likely ensure I'll never get to a significant portion of Game Pass releases this year.

yeah starfield will own all my time once it launches

bb1173

May 1, 2022
on a not happy note, Covid finally reached my household after 3 years. hey at least I get time off....

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks! It's always really cool and humbling to hear that people enjoy the podcast! As for me, I think I have said from day 1 that I am a fanboy for Xbox. I mean... I have a million gamerscore so it should be obvious were my preference lies. I am just someone who doesn't want to or need to put PlayStation or Nintendo down to make Xbox look better. I enjoy PlayStation's games quite alot, but I don't really care about PlayStation where as I do care about Xbox. With that said... I do like making fun of Flyin Lyin Jim Dance Moves Saving Private Ryan tho LOL. I would much rather be positive about most things but I will criticize Xbox heavily if they do something stupid or dumb. In the past, I even got in trouble for my criticisms about Xbox. But that didn't stop me and won't stop me from calling them out when need be.

Joopster

Jul 28, 2020
2023 is already worse than 2022 for Xbox. Now not only their games are delayed but Game Pass is aswell.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I just want Hellblade to be fun and compelling. I havent played the first yet still and will as we approach the sequel release.

I started Ragnarok finally and played for about two hours and it def feels like a sequel picking up exactly where the last left off. An hour of that was prob just cutscenes and walking through tight spaces lol. But it's still early and I look forward to chugging thru it. 2018 was one of my fav games ever, the start of this was kinda just eh to me so far.

I just don't want HB2 to be too far up its own ass and not actually be enjoyable to play

Status
Not open for further replies.