• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I'd have rather brought Yakuza over than Valkyria Chronicles 4, but I guess their market research is better than mine.

Without even thinking about VC4, if their market researchers through Valkyria Revolution is a better fit for Xbox than Yakuza, then I don't know what to tell them.

Or, hell, Shining Resonance Refrain.

And I say that as a decades-long Sega fan :(

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "e" and the end of "boise" makes this OT title one of ERAs worst OT titles in history of this site.

Why on earth is that the OT title?

Really, the OT title in itself is just bad.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted a disc-less console for XBO. I hope there's one for Scarlett for the Anaconda one cuz I have no use for discs.

SiassaDavid

Jun 15, 2018
Vienna, Austria
Before reaching that conclusion (still having space in the BR genre) I'd like to know Fortnite's data on users since Apex launched.
My theory is Fortnite was so succesful because it was the first to be F2P and now a lot pf people that wanted a more "meaty" FPS game are flocking to Apex

I prefer not jumping an OT, that gives the impression of we doing it just because they did it on PS' thread
And also we've already passed them even with them jumping an OT wich kind of makes me a little proud of us and also leads me to a suggestion for the next title:

XGS OT5: Because we're that engaged
Please dont skip an OT, we've proven that we dont need it

Please don't skip the next thread

The "e" and the end of "boise" makes this OT title one of ERAs worst OT titles in history of this site.

Why on earth is that the OT title?

Really, the OT title in itself is just bad.
Because the small discord is obviously more important than the era-thread /s

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I've had the OG Xbox, the S, the X and the Pro. Used a disc drive exactly 3 times. Every year I play Elf at Christmas for the kids. This year I couldn't find the disc and bought that digitally so now there's literally 0 reasons to use a damned console disc drive again.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
OT should be "When we all play, we all win"

Now with all the Cross-play controversy, I think it is even more important.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I am too old for wittiness in thread titles, but why not calling it what it is and keep it simple? Xbox Game Studios |OT5| and that's it.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
We always praise MS for their inclusion initiatives in the gaming sector and this deserves attention in every single way.

I will say that the OT title should be "When we all play, we all win". No question.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I am from Boise and it took me a while to understand what the OT title meant. Horrible OT title though.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I'm pretty sure Kairo addressed this in the last OT, or the begining of this one. It's not a democratic process, we make suggestions, they all get thrown out or ignored, and then Kairo picks a title.

Personally, I like "when we all play, we all win", but I also have a soft spot for "fuck Metacritic"

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We always praise MS for their inclusion initiatives in the gaming sector and this deserves attention in every single way.

I will say that the OT title should be "When we all play, we all win". No question.

I second this. Microsoft's biggest contribution this generation is inclusion. Adaptive controller, cross-play, Play Anywhere, Game Pass, m+kb, soon a discless console and xCloud. Whoever you are, whichever your budget or your gaming habits are, whether you prefer PC, mobile or console, whether you have disabilities, whether you want to play with different input methods, whether you want to rock it with your Nintendo buddies: you can. I'd also keep it positive.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
IDK, br community is not faithful like the pvp and the pve communities. Plus it's not an easy mode to do. We have yet to see how an extra br mode in a full price game impact the long term game's popularity , Blackout initial boost is already finished with Apex Legends .
I'm not sure it's a good strategy
Black out is still the 2nd most played game on Xbox and its BR mode is going fine. It's likely to go stand-alone this spring

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Given that Scalebound, Fable: Legends, and Phantom Dust were all cancelled, Crackdown 3 actually releasing is a minor miracle in its own right.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
I'm so glad Crackdown 3 is finally dropping...honestly just so we can move on from it. Whether it's good or bad, I'd rather look to the future of XGS releases.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I'm so glad Crackdown 3 is finally dropping...honestly just so we can move on from it. Whether it's good or bad, I'd rather look to the future of XGS releases.

Same, I'm not expecting much come Thursday, if anything I think a lot of outlets are gonna eviserate it (I also wouldn't be surprised to see a few major outlets to trash it on the basis of 'Der console wars' like Mcaffery did in his preview), although some of it I still justifiable (the lack of party options is really inexcusable), hopefully Phil and Matt won't take it lying down and will draw a line under this and move on, plus there's still Ori and Gears to look forward to this year.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Well, we are talking about a company that threw it's hardware division into the ground because they couldn't help themselves from launching new consoles and canceling them soon after, not giving enough time to recoup the investments and losing customer confidence. And that when it became 3rd party it decided to focus on quantity hoping to make big money with cash grabs, which had the opposite effect of sales collapsing and they almost decimating their development teams to cut costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.