• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can I just say how much I dislike the ranking of studios even if it is personal opinions and a bit of fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing what every studio is working on for next gen, bring it all on.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I feel like you're looking for a fight for no reason. Nobody needs to damage control Gears. Most people know if they want to play it. Most people know if they don't. It's still good ole Gears. Predicting reviews for an established franchise isn't damage controlling. It's just something people like to talk about.

When you start complaining about reviewers or saying nonsense it looks like damage control instead of just talking about review scores.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Speaking of Xbox Game Studios, how would you rank them right now?

I'm not including The Initiative, Global Publishing, or Age of Empires because we either haven't seen anything from them or they're not a traditional studio. I'm ranking these on a number of factors, such as previous projects, future potential, and likelihood that I'll play their projects going forward. Really curious how other people would stack them up.

For me:

12) Compulsion Games
11) Undead Labs
10) inXile Entertainment
9) Double Fine Productions
8) Turn 10
7) Ninja Theory
6) Rare
5) Obsidian Entertainment
4) 343 Industries
3) Mojang
2) The Coalition
1) Playground Games

12. Turn 10
11. The Coalition
10. Undead Labs
9. Rare
8. Compulsion
7. Mojang
6. 343i
5. InXile
4. Ninja Theory
3. Double Fine
2. Playground
1. Obsidian

Not saying any are bad, just my order of interest. Age of Empires would be my #2 if we were counting it.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I played Gears 5 multi for over 10 hours already, so yeah. I know it is quality content.

Yeah this is where I'm at. The gameplay is better than previous Gears. Doesn't take much to figure out how that'll translate to what we've seen in Horde. Between Arcade and Horde, Gears 5 will be my most played game since Halo 5...and I've never been a huge Gears fan until now.

When you start complaining about reviewers or saying nonsense it looks like damage control instead of just talking about review scores.

Fair...and I didn't read every comment regarding reviews in this thread. Still doesn't represent everyone. Hoodoo likes to call out the entire community when he sees a post he doesn't like rather than just quote the person.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
What type of game do we think the Initiative is developing? Have there been any rumors I've missed?

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
This may sound like a dumb question, but do we even know that they've started work on a game? I know they've been building a team and are likely throwing ideas around, but I haven't seem any confirmation of a chosen project.
That's a good point. I assume they are at least in pre-production stage for a game/games.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
... And that's how the "man, X019 was such a disappointment" comments were born.

(to be fair, I guess there is a slight chance for Halo Infinite multiplayer, but I definitely wouldn't go as far as expecting it)
You would think a beta for the game is a near guarantee, so they gotta announce it eventually. And a beta with Ninja playing it on Mixer sounds too good to pass up.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
From a reddit poster, not sure how accurate?

343i:

Halo Infinite

Halo: MCC (Reach and PC Releases)

Age of Empires (these guys are more so collaborating with other devs):

Age of Empires II DE

Age of Empires III DE

Age of Empires IV

The Coalition:

Gears 5

Gears POP! (Post-Launch and Upcoming Content, in Collaboration with MediaTonic)

Gears Tactics (in Collaboration with Splash Damage)

Unannounced Game with StoryLab Productions

Rumors: Perfect Dark

Compulsion Games:

We Happy Few (DLC Content)

Unknown Game Project

Double Fine:

RAD (Post-Launch)

Psychonauts 2

Unannounced Games (Their Site Mentions They are Working on Some Secret Stuff)

Xbox Game Studios Publishing:

Crackdown 3 (DLC Content, Sumo Digital)

Microsoft Flight Simulator (Asobo)

Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Moon)

Rumors: Killer Instinct 2 (Iron Galaxy?)d

The Initiative:Something Batshit Crazy

inXile:

The Bard's Tale Trilogy (Post-Launch)The Bard's Tale IV

Wasteland Remaster

Wasteland 3

Unannounced game that MS was interested in before acquisition

Minecraft/Mojang:

Minecraft (DLC/Updates/Making that Money)

Minecraft: Dungeons

Minecraft: Earth

Ninja Theory:

Bleeding Edge

At least 2 or 3 Unannounced Games (as mentioned by the studio head at E3 2019)

Obsidian:

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (Console Release)The Outer Worlds

Multiple other projects in the works or potentially cancelled. They name each project after the US states, of which multiple (I believe 5 or 6?) are unaccounted for after one was recently named.

Rumors: Pillars of Eternity RPG similar to Elder Scrolls (Chris Avellone kinda spitefully leaked this)

Playground Games:

Forza Horizon 4 (DLC)

Forza (Horizon 5?)

AAA Action-RPG Project (Rumored to be Fable, Potentially New IP)

Rare:

Battletoads (in Collaboration with Dlala Studios)

Sea of Thieves (DLC)

At least 1 Unannounced Game

Turn 10:

Forza (Motorsport 8?)

Forza Horizon 4 (Assistance to Playground Games)

Not sure if they have anything to do with Forza Street

Undead Labs:

State of Decay 2 (DLC)

State of Decay 3

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope myself that we get to see something from Halo Infinite this year. And I don't mean cinematic trailers or "first person cinematic gameplay" stuff, but details about multiplayer, maybe about how the open world(-ish?) thing works. Obviously the blowout's gonna be next E3 along with the official presentation of the next Xbox, but Halo Infinite is quite easily the biggest and boldest sci-fi FPS to come out in quite some years (the one before was probably Destiny, but the concept and the actual execution were very far apart in terms of scope and ambition - and this from someone who played a lot of Destiny). I am really curious to see more of that game the most right now.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
From a reddit poster, not sure how accurate?

343i:

Halo Infinite

Halo: MCC (Reach and PC Releases)

Age of Empires (these guys are more so collaborating with other devs):

Age of Empires II DE

Age of Empires III DE

Age of Empires IV

The Coalition:

Gears 5

Gears POP! (Post-Launch and Upcoming Content, in Collaboration with MediaTonic)

Gears Tactics (in Collaboration with Splash Damage)

Unannounced Game with StoryLab Productions

Rumors: Perfect Dark

Compulsion Games:

We Happy Few (DLC Content)

Unknown Game Project

Double Fine:

RAD (Post-Launch)

Psychonauts 2

Unannounced Games (Their Site Mentions They are Working on Some Secret Stuff)

Xbox Game Studios Publishing:

Crackdown 3 (DLC Content, Sumo Digital)

Microsoft Flight Simulator (Asobo)

Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Moon)

Rumors: Killer Instinct 2 (Iron Galaxy?)d

The Initiative:Something Batshit Crazy

inXile:

The Bard's Tale Trilogy (Post-Launch)The Bard's Tale IV

Wasteland Remaster

Wasteland 3

Unannounced game that MS was interested in before acquisition

Minecraft/Mojang:

Minecraft (DLC/Updates/Making that Money)

Minecraft: Dungeons

Minecraft: Earth

Ninja Theory:

Bleeding Edge

At least 2 or 3 Unannounced Games (as mentioned by the studio head at E3 2019)

Obsidian:

Multiple other projects in the works or potentially cancelled. They name each project after the US states, of which multiple (I believe 5 or 6?) are unaccounted for after one was recently named.

Rumors: Pillars of Eternity RPG similar to Elder Scrolls (Chris Avellone kinda spitefully leaked this)

Playground Games:

Forza Horizon 4 (DLC)

Forza (Horizon 5?)

AAA Action-RPG Project (Rumored to be Fable, Potentially New IP)

Rare:

Battletoads (in Collaboration with Dlala Studios)

Sea of Thieves (DLC)

At least 1 Unannounced Game

Turn 10:

Forza (Motorsport 8?)

Forza Horizon 4 (Assistance to Playground Games)

Not sure if they have anything to do with Forza Street

Undead Labs:

State of Decay 2 (DLC)

State of Decay 3
Nothing we don't already know there.

StoryLab Productions is just the mocap studio that Coalition already worked with for Gears 4 and 5.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Obsidian:

I believe that rumor was never stated to be Pillars of Eternity, just a AAA game implied to be 3D.

With so many unconfirmed games (thanks to Sawyer's field notes), it's hard to tell if they intend to keep PoE isometric or not.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

I'm not including The Initiative, Global Publishing, or Age of Empires because we either haven't seen anything from them or they're not a traditional studio. I'm ranking these on a number of factors, such as previous projects, future potential, and likelihood that I'll play their projects going forward. Really curious how other people would stack them up.

For me:

12) Compulsion Games
11) Undead Labs
10) inXile Entertainment
8) Turn 10
7) Ninja Theory
6) Rare
4) 343 Industries
3) Mojang
2) The Coalition
1) Playground Games

12) I
11) Can't
10) Rank
9) Them
8) Because
7) They're
6) All
5) Great
4) In
3) Different
2) Ways
1) Obsidian

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

GOTY!!!

giphy.gif

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For me:

12) Compulsion Games
11) Undead Labs
10) inXile Entertainment
8) Turn 10
7) Ninja Theory
6) Rare
4) 343 Industries
3) Mojang
2) The Coalition
1) Playground Games
1) Playground
2) Obsidian
3) Turn 10
4) Ninja Theory
5) Everyone else

Aug 26, 2019
I want to ride the skiff off a ramp, straight into a mech, dropkick a Swarmak, exit the mech and get back on the skiff, then ride into the open-world sunset. Has Rod said whether that's possible? 0/10 game if not.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Yeah this is where I'm at. The gameplay is better than previous Gears. Doesn't take much to figure out how that'll translate to what we've seen in Horde. Between Arcade and Horde, Gears 5 will be my most played game since Halo 5...and I've never been a huge Gears fan until now.

Fair...and I didn't read every comment regarding reviews in this thread. Still doesn't represent everyone. Hoodoo likes to call out the entire community when he sees a post he doesn't like rather than just quote the person.

That is also fair what you say. Stupid to label everyone

Hurting Bomb

Oct 28, 2017
I seriously hope this is sarcasm.

No.

No game deserves to be +90 just because it has so much content. It also needs to be quality content.

Are you being serious? Why are people already making stupid excuses? Sure there are shitty reviewers, but it is same for every game.

This isn't even remotely close to truth. All of the highest rated games this gen are sequels to old games.
I am being serious, big Xbox games where the multiplayer component is just as big as the campaign seem to get judged on an easy play through of the campaign, this happened with Halo 5.

Realistically Gears 5 scores shouldn't be revealed till at least a week after release to allow for multiplayer, unless they review them separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.