• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Bleeding Edge eh? 😎

AkxKM8c.gif

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
I know it's not Xbox related but man does my heart really hurt so damn bad knowing Kobe, along with three others including his daughter Gianna died today. 💔

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
One of the most exciting things for me is the xbox back compat team were pulled off the xbox one like a year ago right? I wonder what magic they have in store for Series X?

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
If you think fable Reboot will be cartoonish, you're wrong.

I think this is an example of the type of character we will have in the future Fable. It really looks like the character concept test which leaked a few months ago.

Expect Playground Games to compete with CDRED productions.

Cant be wrong for something I never actually said... I dont think it'll be cartoonish, not sure i've ever said I thought it would be?

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Fable is going to be "cartoonish", but I don't think they're going to ditch stylized graphics either. Perhaps it'll be more subdued than the OG trilogy though.

Chasing the "serious rpg" market would be a mistake imo, since they would be competing against Elder Scrolls VI, Dragon Age 4 and the next Witcher game.

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
I don't think Fable is going to be "cartoonish", but I don't think they're going to ditch stylized graphics either. Perhaps it'll be more subdued than the OG trilogy though.

Chasing the "serious rpg" market would be a mistake imo, since they would be competing against Elder Scrolls VI, Dragon Age 4 and the next Witcher game.
One of the RPG Team Joblisting has Physically based rendering & Photogrammetry listed. That indicates for me they going for a realistic optic.

Apr 6, 2018

When the first fable released when high fantasy was at its peak in popular colture and twisted it, now it would be interesting a silly parody of the serious dark /grimdark trend in gaming and TV shows

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
When the first fable released when high fantasy was at its peak in popular colture and twisted it, now it would be interesting a silly parody of the serious dark /grimdark trend in gaming and TV shows
That would definitely be a cool direction to take it in. Job ads for the RPG project have mentioned "witty dialogue", so there will likely be some humour in the game.

Maybe they wanted first, then phil stepped in dropped a check, we need a game of the year. And they went building a engine and doing something diffrent. I let them suprise me.
That would go against XGS' hands off strategy when it comes to their internal studios.

If it sports a realistic look, it's because Playground wanted it to look like that.

(Stylized games can be GOTY candidates too btw. BotW and Persona 5 to name a couple of recent ones.)

Last edited:

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

I hope Fable 4 will have GOT/LOTR vibe, it could be incredible.

Game Pass the Netflix of gaming will have :

-Halo infinite - Their own star wars universe like

-
Fable Reboot - Their own GOT/LOTR universe like

-Double Fine next IP - Their own Pixar/DreamWork universe like

etc...

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
One of the most exciting things for me is the xbox back compat team were pulled off the xbox one like a year ago right? I wonder what magic they have in store for Series X?
I am wondering as well. I am sure they have been working to ensure everything is running properly...but I am interested to know what other things they are working on or newer games being added to the list and what kind of Series X enhancements they will have. The "X" 360 enhanced games are just incredible looking....I am hoping even more get enhancements.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
That would definitely be a cool direction to take it in. Job ads for the RPG project have mentioned "witty dialogue", so there will likely be some humour in the game.

The thing I like about the writing team of the RPG project is that they know each other well, they are mainly former Rocksteady.

And do you think Ralph Fulton is involved in writing? This guy is a genius I'm sure he could do a good job on this side too.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kazuma Jinnouchi is super underrated :(
Halo 4 and Halo 5 OST's are precious gems.

Halo 4 was good and original - Halo 5 was hollywood generic crap. Fit the equally shitty campaign and the shitty Locke character

glad he left 343 - he should work in movie or on cod or something similar

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
The thing I like about the writing team of the RPG project is that they know each other well, they are mainly former Rocksteady.
I always thought Rocksteady did a great job with the villains in the Arkham series. Hopefully that's something they can tap back into for Fable. Reaver was such a fun villain/frenemy*.

*Of course, it helped immensely that Reaver was voiced by Stephen Fry. He'll be hard to top. Makes me wonder who they're going to hire for Fable Next. I'd love to see David Tennant in the voice cast. He's got range, he's doing voice work and he has worked with Microsoft in the past (Kinect Sports Rivals).

Last edited:

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
I would add Futatsugi, Itagaki and Sakaguchi to that list.

Give each a small concept design team and 2 teams with ~ 100 people to develop and will have a stream of amazing Japanese experiences.
I don't know why nobody at Xbox has been in touch with Futatsugi, it's super weird considering they were going to do another Phantom Dust without his involvement.

The 360 BC game only needs to be enhanced to 4k. However if MS wants to make more money then they could remaster at 4k/60fps for Xbox and PC and put it on Game Pass. They could also consider porting it to Switch.
There doesn't seem to be any movement on enhancing Lost Odyssey so I think remastering it would be a good idea. Don't particularly care about a Switch port though.

Senior Character artist at PG (RPG team) post this 2 days ago on Artstation :

kestutis-rinkevicius-queen-final.jpg
I'm guessing she was based on Noomi Rapace?

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

I'm operating on the assumption that each one of those different fonts is a different game.

I'm gonna assume one of those is Yakuza. The upside-down one feels like either Control or the Stranger Things tie in game (gods I hope not). I'm also really holding out hope that that fancy sort of medieval looking one is Greedfall, and then I'm gonna admit it's probably not. I got nothing for the rest of them.

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020

That would go against XGS' hands off strategy when it comes to their internal studios.

If it sports a realistic look, it's because Playground wanted it to look like that.

(Stylized games can be GOTY candidates too btw. BotW and Persona 5 to name a couple of recent ones.)
I know, i just talked over top. Wanted to say maybe they started from their but build an own vision for an rpg and got a pass for that.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There doesn't seem to be any movement on enhancing Lost Odyssey so I think remastering it would be a good idea. Don't particularly care about a Switch port though.
That's because the BC program is dealing with XSX compatibility, if they start back up with BC and enhancements then we may get movement on enhancing Lost Odyssey. If MS remasters Lost Odyssey then they want to maximize the revenue generated for an old ass game, and putting it on PC, Xbox, Game Pass and a Switch port will accomplish that. I could see the game be a huge hit on Swtich, and Xbox players won't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.