• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Bit of a random question, can you lower the Achievement sound on X? Everything else is at at good volume through my headset and then that blows my eardrums up, surprise achievements are basically jump scares.
try to find the Sound here

settings/ preferences/ notifications/ Xbox notifications/ achievements.

or
Settings/ Audio/ Headset

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
2020 so far looks pretty good for Xbox Games Studios. Here are some gifs I made while waiting for Forza Horizon 4 to install. Who knows what TGA or an event in between now and E3 might add to the list ;)

L9M5osm.gif

jEALjky.gif

nsNPoHU.gif

NSSi7xD.gif

M9whC7b.gif

twujBTy.gif

1p3SUfc.gif

AboVEkA.gif

SHwMqqK.gif

uHTsmxC.gif

kTEYddE.gif

(and while it's a bit cheating since XGS is simply publishing the port, I will still add this CrossfireX gif)

5fo6IpA.gif
I would say we haven't seen Xbox pushing games this crazy since they were championing Halo, Gears, Forza, Scalebound, Fable Legends, Phantom Dust, Tomb Raider, ReCore, etc. all in one big push.
I can't wait to see what (most) of these teams are able to do with more support internally at Microsoft (I also wouldn't be surprised if Smilegate or another Korean developer is in MS's sights for eventual acquisition or at least long-term partnership).

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there is a way to adjust achievement volume. And I agree, it can be waaayyyy too loud. Especially the rare achievements.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think there's very little chance of Persona coming over. Atlus are weird, and it's not even coming to Switch (which has sold more than the PS4 in Japan and is approaching the XBO worldwide).
I believe Sega and MS have come to a business agreement, which is why PSO 2 and the Yakuza series is coming to Xbox. I believe Persona will come at some point.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I believe Sega and MS have come to a business agreement, which is why PSO 2 and the Yakuza series is coming to Xbox. I believe Persona will come at some point.

Atlus seem to have a huge amount of autonomy within Sega. Honestly, I think the chances of Persona coming to Xbox are incredibly slim. I'll be very happy to be wrong on this, though.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Atlus seem to have a huge amount of autonomy within Sega. Honestly, I think the chances of Persona coming to Xbox are incredibly slim. I'll be very happy to be wrong on this, though.
I believe this is all changing, plus Game Pass, XCloud, and Xbox's audience as a whole are more tempting incentives to Japanese Developers. You minimize the growth of your IP by skipping out of sizable audience especially after you've already spent money localizing and porting the game on PS4 which has similar architecture to Xbox.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

I do hope you're right. The only thing that makes me doubt Persona specifically, is that it hasn't made it to PC yet either, so I wouldn't be that surprised if it ended up just becoming a defacto Playstation exclusive series. Time I guess.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I think Halo was included with last years hype montage as well. I don't think we'll hear or see anything from Halo Infinite at the show.
Maybe Phil does tease something when Geoff gets him on stage.

At least, we'll be seeing Gears Tactics and Ori :D

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
2020 so far looks pretty good for Xbox Games Studios. Here are some gifs I made while waiting for Forza Horizon 4 to install. Who knows what TGA or an event in between now and E3 might add to the list ;)

L9M5osm.gif

jEALjky.gif

nsNPoHU.gif

NSSi7xD.gif

M9whC7b.gif

twujBTy.gif

1p3SUfc.gif

AboVEkA.gif

SHwMqqK.gif

uHTsmxC.gif

kTEYddE.gif

(and while it's a bit cheating since XGS is simply publishing the port, I will still add this CrossfireX gif)

5fo6IpA.gif

excellent :)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do hope you're right. The only thing that makes me doubt Persona specifically, is that it hasn't made it to PC yet either, so I wouldn't be that surprised if it ended up just becoming a defacto Playstation exclusive series. Time I guess.
When it comes to Xbox, it'll likely come to PC. There's no reason a big Japanese third party publisher isn't maximizing their revenue on a game on all similar platforms and growing their IP and fans.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll see something for Infinite. There's still that 12/23/19 teaser in the trailer that hasn't turned into anything yet.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019

L9M5osm.gif

jEALjky.gif

nsNPoHU.gif

NSSi7xD.gif

M9whC7b.gif

twujBTy.gif

1p3SUfc.gif

AboVEkA.gif

SHwMqqK.gif

uHTsmxC.gif

kTEYddE.gif

5fo6IpA.gif
But where's my over the shoulder, narrative driven, open world action-adventure? 😐

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I used to be against built in batteries for controllers, but that was mostly because of the DS4 and its crazy short battery life. But after the Wii U Pro controller and especially now the Elite 1 and 2 I'm a fan.

If Microsoft goes with built in battery for Scarlett controllers, I hope they last as long as Elite does.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
I used to be against built in batteries for controllers, but that was mostly because of the DS4 and its crazy short battery life. But after the Wii U Pro controller and especially now the Elite 1 and 2 I'm a fan.

If Microsoft goes with built in battery for Scarlett controllers, I hope they last as long as Elite does.
Elite Series 1 doesn't have a built in battery.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
But I don't think we'll see new d4 footage even though they use it heavily in this trailer.
Geoff explicitly said that the clips used in the hype trailer are not hints. He just chose clips from games and trailers released this year that look cool and flow together with the hype trailer. The random clips of Luigi's Mansion 3 are hilariously out of place, but it'd be mean to leave Nintendo out considering how much they release.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Geoff explicitly said that the clips used in the hype trailer are not hints. He just chose clips from games and trailers released this year that look cool and flow together with the hype trailer. The random clips of Luigi's Mansion 3 are hilariously out of place, but it'd be mean to leave Nintendo out considering how much they release.

thank you for the additional information, I didn't know.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Hopefully, Wasteland and Gears Tactics are the games that can pull me into the strategy genre. I'm super looking forward to TGA just for Gears :D

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Not an Xbox game but if you have a Switch Mario + Rabbids is a great jumping-in point for the genre and is frequently on sale for ~$20

Yeah, I heard some neat impressions on it plus the DK expansion was received pretty positive as well. I don't have a Switch right now but I've added it to my list of games I need to get with my Switch purchase when the time comes :D

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I believe this is all changing, plus Game Pass, XCloud, and Xbox's audience as a whole are more tempting incentives to Japanese Developers. You minimize the growth of your IP by skipping out of sizable audience especially after you've already spent money localizing and porting the game on PS4 which has similar architecture to Xbox.

As I say, I'll be glad to be wrong.

I mean, it already is. Outside of a Windows port of the very first Persona - way back in 1999 - every mainline game has been a PlayStation exclusive.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very ready for a new Halo trailer, but let's not get out hopes up indeed. The trailer probably isn't necessarily a sign of games at the show, just a celebration of games.

Looking back on official updates from 343i, I doubt we see anything for Infinite until the Scarlett reveal at the absolute earliest. Chris Lee back in June said E3 2020 is going to be a big moment for the title so anything coming before say April/May would be surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.