• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally upgraded my TV just before the X came out, then again I had a 1080i set with some artifacts that I stopped using in favour of a solid curved 27" monitor on PC. Even since I got a 4K HDR TV it's hard to look back. Rocket League is a game that looks like a different generation with how much more vivid the colours are on the X, really hard to get back on the S. Nowadays there's sub-300 Euros 4K smart TVs that don't even suck, so that's definitely not bad. The issue with 4K right now that here in Italy even cable uses it sparsely, 4K Blu-Rays often cost 2-3 times the regular Blu-Rays and while Netflix's encoded 4K looks better than HD it's not quite a Blu-Ray fidelity, so unless you have a mid-gen console or a great PC to connect to your TV it's hard to consistently use the 4K (or HDR) features.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
I personally upgraded my TV just before the X came out, then again I had a 1080i set with some artifacts that I stopped using in favour of a solid curved 27" monitor on PC. Even since I got a 4K HDR TV it's hard to look back. Rocket League is a game that looks like a different generation with how much more vivid the colours are on the X, really hard to get back on the S. Nowadays there's sub-300 Euros 4K smart TVs that don't even suck, so that's definitely not bad. The issue with 4K right now that here in Italy even cable uses it sparsely, 4K Blu-Rays often cost 2-3 times the regular Blu-Rays and while Netflix's encoded 4K looks better than HD it's not quite a Blu-Ray fidelity, so unless you have a mid-gen console or a great PC to connect to your TV it's hard to consistently use the 4K (or HDR) features.
I feel that even 1080p content looks better on my 4K TV (mid-range 2017 Samsung). But it might be just the power of suggestion.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel that even 1080p content looks better on my 4K TV (mid-range 2017 Samsung). But it might be just the power of suggestion.

It's absolutely possible if the TV is generally better. I rock a low-end HDTV in my bedroom with an S hooked to it and in general it just looks a lot less crisp, even runinng 720p stuff. A good TV can definitely have sharper pixels, better colours and a smoother feel even on resolution parity.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Why is it bait to want more appreciation for AAA games in this thread??
I'm pretty sure everyone here appreciates a good AAA game. But this doesn't mean we have to dislike or underestimate AAs. Hellblade, Ori, Wasteland 3 and The Outer Worlds are great games. They also often provide more creativity and variety, when producing some game ideas ad an AAA top budget game is too risky. I might even say an AA production is a way safer and viable way to test a new IP or gameplay idea which wouldn't otherwise be produced. And if it's successful, yep go on and make it an AAA franchise. I believe this will be the case of The Outer Worlds.

So they're both needed: AAs and AAAs, and I'm so glad Microsoft is willing to produce both and both should be appreciated.

Apr 6, 2018
Don't much care about any of the awards, but Ori, Gears Tactics, and whatever Raph Colantonio has been working on will at least have me watching on mute outside of the trailers lol.
mute especially because the presence of the dark trinity of Knightley, Kojima and the green days.
SCP mythos in an Xbox OT.
Never thought this day would come but hey i'll take it ;)
Yet here we are.
With appreciation for the work that goes into making the OT, may I offer the following humble suggestions?

1. World's Edge for AoE studio
2. Tell Me Why and Battletoads highlighted in similar manner to Ori under XGP.
3. Change the studio order to alphabetical. I know it's not a big deal but it would make the new studios feel more integrated into the lineup instead of tacked on. And Halo would still come first :)
4. (Edit) And maybe Rare gets a split banner with Everwild similar to Playground?

Otherwise, very nice. And yes, I expect we get a Scarlett reveal before GDC, so this thread could see it!
Battletoads, like gears tactics and forza horizon, is managed by rare.
If 343 plans on supporting Infinite the entire gen then I don't see why they couldn't get a smaller team to maintain it and have another game in production at the same time. Like what Rare is doing
From Bonnie Ross's words on ign unfiltered spin offs are on the table after infinite, but Iguess that the big team will remain on infinite

Gears Tactics is a game by Xbox Game Studios Publishing and not The Coalition, correct?
Nope, is byThe coalition with external help form Splash damage
It's time for The Coalition to have a 2nd team, not as big as Gears team but 150 people to make solo action adventure like Jedi fallen order
TC has a second team, but their project has a big sp part and a HUGE mp one, and it's not an action adventure
They have already if people would pay more attention to Morgoth Bauglir.
Yes, if only I was able to get something right from my hints

Sadly I remember
That art from Playground looks fantastic. I recently played GreedFall and i'm totally ready for more Baroque-inspired art styles.

A few things about the OP:

-age of Empires Studio has a name
-2019 games should include Gears 5
-Flight Sim missing as an upcoming partnership project
It's not baroque, it several hundreds year before baroque, that's reneaissance
Fable taking place on the sea would be a big waste imo
PGG should be using their season tech to have a world that goes through 4 distinct seasons having significant results on exploration.
Fable should have sea combat and traversal to pull of the Wind Waker heart strings. Use it to pass time also.
The duality of man.
I'm all for having a more elaborate ship management, especially if it ramps ups the sim and trading aspects of fable
Nobody is talking about undead labs and in my honest opinion, that's a problem. I want them doing interesting things. State of Decay isn't it
Despite being proven wrong by numbers? They are still supporting SoD2, for the same reason we don't always talk about playground racing team, because we know what they are doing

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I have a 720p tv. 4k tvs are cheap sure, but people really only upgrade their tv until they need to. Mine still works and looks good, so no need to get a new one.
Pretty much. I just upgraded my 720p I've had for 9 years to a 4k yesterday and that's only because I got exactly what I wanted for dirt cheap. Old TV still works, just putting it in storage for when I move out. I don't see the need to uograde every 2-3 years the way some do.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the Sea of Thieves Tall Tale "art of the trickster" good stuff. Felt like Indiana jones. But boy do those things take a long time. (at least for me).

Aug 26, 2018
Just finished the Sea of Thieves Tall Tale "art of the trickster" good stuff. Felt like Indiana jones. But boy do those things take a long time. (at least for me).

I really want to see more Tall Tales on a regular basis like a Monthly Cycle, its too long a wait and its too damn good!!

Imagine if SoT launched with 3-4 Tall Tales at launch, would have added 10-15 points to the metacritic.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I'm pretty sure everyone here appreciates a good AAA game. But this doesn't mean we have to dislike or underestimate AAs. Hellblade, Ori, Wasteland 3 and The Outer Worlds are great games. They also often provide more creativity and variety, when producing some game ideas ad an AAA top budget game is too risky. I might even say an AA production is a way safer and viable way to test a new IP or gameplay idea which wouldn't otherwise be produced. And if it's successful, yep go on and make it an AAA franchise. I believe this will be the case of The Outer Worlds.

So they're both needed: AAs and AAAs, and I'm so glad Microsoft is willing to produce both and both should be appreciated.
Agree. I'll take it a step further. Outside of Halo, Last of Us and Cyberpunk, I'm more excited about the variety of medium sized projects in 2020. There's just not a ton of variety in the big budget games these days. Wasteland, Gears Tactics, Psychonauts and Ori 2 have a lot to do with my excitement for next year.

To each their own. I respect people's opinions who only judge the quality of a lineup by the big releases. Gamers should support different publishers and platforms having their own competitive advantages and appealing to different types of customers. I have all 3 consoles and finally a gaming PC and Xbox is more exciting to me than any platform I've been on since early in the previous gen.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
What kind of friend questions a gift from another friend

AdobeStock_51225159-1024x683.jpeg

Little history joke right there.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
When Scarlet hits 99 euros
Not 99, but when it goes around 300, like they did with the All-Digital, placing it at 229 when the S was 300, six months ago, as a clear strategy to attach a "starting price" to it that would have reached the current prices under the holidays. A price difference like this, €70, only matters when the price gets very low. If we get a Scarlett at €500, no one will ever buy a disc-less version at 430. In that price range people aren't so cost sensitive.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
Lol I'm just messing.

yeah that cdkeys get asked about a lot on r/xboxone as well the "Rakuten" because they usually have some crazy deals, but apparently they're both legit

I once saw a comment from Larry Hryb saying that CD Keys is not an authorized seller of Xbox game codes. Microsoft could *technically* ban an account if they believed that person acquired games from unauthorized sellers. I am fully aware that many people have purchased games from CD Keys without issue. Maybe no person will ever be banned from Xbox Live after buying games from CD Keys. But the possibility, however tiny, is there.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
i have a 1080p set and LOVE the "resolution upgrade" provided by downsampling. 4k tv or not, i think the x is a good upgrade if you have the money.

Definitely. Also you still get the sharper textures on X enhanced games, for instance Fable 1 looked noticeably improved when I moved to X even though I still have a 1080p TV (waiting for Scarlett/PS5 to upgrade).

Also also, improved frame rates in a lot of games.

Hopefully at launch.

Lockhart? If you need to create a $150-$200 price difference between two SKUs, taking out the disc drive would help get there.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Definitely. Also you still get the sharper textures on X enhanced games, for instance Fable 1 looked noticeably improved when I moved to X even though I still have a 1080p TV (waiting for Scarlett/PS5 to upgrade).

Also also, improved frame rates in a lot of games.

Lockhart? If you need to create a $150-$200 price difference between two SKUs, taking out the disc drive would help get there.
It would help but not by much. Disc drive is like 20$

Status
Not open for further replies.